Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RBO filing

Options
  • 18-11-2019 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

how is everyone getting on with the RBO filings?
    ridiculous having a filing deadline for this a week after the Income tax deadline and then there is the vat return deadline this week also.
    site seems to be down for most of the day today and while i can log in now this evening i cant file anything. not getting any error message just get as far as select company and nothing happens after this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Done and dusted thankfully. Had a look Friday just to make sure no inbox items that were missed and it took a few goes to log in. Looks like they caught a dose of the ROS virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Website is one big failure today - unusable!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭hjr

I've managed to file two returns by using Chrome Incognito rather than normal chrome, which seems to make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

some joke at this stage. I wonder what are the relevant institutes saying about this if anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭eusap

The site takes an age to react, press a button, go make tea, press another button, go for biscuit, come back and repeat. Took 20 mins to register two entries

• Advertisement

eusap wrote: »
    The site takes an age to react, press a button, go make tea, press another button, go for biscuit, come back and repeat. Took 20 mins to register two entries

Or more accurately to submit two entries. It seems to be currently taking 24 hours to either register/reject submissions. That's bad at the moment, but what'll happen on Friday when it's deadline day and you don't have 24 hours to make corrections!?

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭thefizz

Does anyone know the penalties for non compliance?

This is the position on penalty according to RBO. I'm not sure if it's a late fee, or just a penalty if convicted?

Penalties for failure to comply with this regulation

Particular attention must be paid to the consequences of non-compliance as the fines on conviction are severe. This applies to all Relevant Entities regardless of size, activity or level of trading.

A relevant entity that fails to comply with the provisions of the Regulations commits an offence and shall be liable-

a) On summary conviction, to a class A fine (not exceeding €5,000), or

b) On conviction or indictment, to a fine not exceeding €500,000

My problem is I have a company which hasn't traded in a few years and I will be closing it down in the coming weeks. My accountant is looking for almost €400 to do the RBO filing for me which is such a waste considering the company will be closed soon.

God €400 to complete an RBO form seems off the wall, unless there's something awful complicated about the company and people involved.

• Advertisement

hjr wrote: »
    God €400 to complete an RBO form seems off the wall, unless there's something awful complicated about the company and people involved.

No there should be nothing complicated about the company at all.

thefizz wrote: »

Several of the company formation houses sent out emails to say they'd do the RBO filing for around €150-200+VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Immy

My problem is I have a company which hasn't traded in a few years and I will be closing it down in the coming weeks. My accountant is looking for almost €400 to do the RBO filing for me which is such a waste considering the company will be closed soon.

Just registered on site and do it yourself. It’s very straight forward. Simply

If it was to take him as long as it took me I could understand why, Me thinks it was FO pricing and I can understand that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

hjr wrote: »

Ouch

We decided on this occasion that we won't be charging for the filling of RBO for our clients

Company decision on this one given the time of year and us charging for tax returns etc plus Christmas coming up so we said we won't not charge for this work

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭paulpd

We re charging 145 for each. Pretty good uptake on it.

Just out of curiosity checked the site now, 04:30. No lag, instantaneous response. So the delay issue would appear to be lack of resources on their end. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

No private sector employee should have to work at that time of the night becase of what is basically a public sector shambles. If it was the other way round there would be strikes and calls to joe duffy....
    GrumpyMe wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity checked the site now, 04:30. No lag, instantaneous response. So the delay issue would appear to be lack of resources on their end. :-(

paulpd wrote: »
    We re charging 145 for each. Pretty good uptake on it.

Yep, I would have thought anything around €99+vat was reasonable, given importance of form and time of year. €400 is shocking.

I'm going to have go myself, what information do I need to have ready to complete the process?

• Advertisement

I'm going to have go myself, what information do I need to have ready to complete the process?

See 3.2 here

https://rbo.gov.ie/faqs.html

Stratvs wrote: »

Thanks, what is the "Date of entry as beneficial owner"? Is that when I became a director of company?

Thanks, what is the "Date of entry as beneficial owner"? Is that when I became a director of company?

The RBO relates to Beneficial OWNERS. A director may or may not be an owner although in a lot of small companies the owners are also the directors and were appointed at the same time. So it's date of entry as shareholders you're looking at ( See 4.etc in the FAQ page) not directors.

Stratvs wrote: »
    The RBO relates to Beneficial OWNERS. A director may or may not be an owner although in a lot of small companies the owners are also the directors and were appointed at the same time. So it's date of entry as shareholders you're looking at ( See 4.etc in the FAQ page) not directors.

Great thanks, now if the site was working I could get this done.

Try doing it out of office hours - could have saved me hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

Unless there’s something really complicated going on, there’s no need to pay anyone to do this - you just need to enter the details and submit.

The system was open months ago.

Edit: Sorry, not very helpful to anyone trying to wrangle an oversubscribed system on the deadline date!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭J.Ryan

Just went to log in to do the last 3 and am getting this message on the page

Not Found
    HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭capefear

J.Ryan wrote: »
    Just went to log in to do the last 3 and am getting this message on the page

Not Found
    HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found.

its been like that for the last hour:mad:

...to anyone trying to wrangle an oversubscribed system on the deadline date!
    You've 4 hours left!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭J.Ryan

capefear wrote: »
    its been like that for the last hour:mad:

I've sent them a message on the contact us link, informing them that its down and that I consider it a system error on their end and therefore not my clients fault that they cannot comply, as they did not set a time for filing, just a date.

Do the same

Just to add, ROS is down for scheduled maintenance tomorrow, regardless of the fact that it is the due date for VAT 3's and PAYE payments!

Advertisement