Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Xbox app for PC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035344491-Xbox-Game-Pass-Discord-Nitro seems you can add three months onto your game pass if you sub to nitro for a tenner, I haven't tried it yet so not sure if it's US only but I'll report back.
    Edit: It works but it converts to 2 months of game pass ultimate for me instead of the regular 3 which is grand!

Master Chief Collection is available to pre install.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Master Chief Collection is available to pre install.

Could you pre-install? i am getting 0x80073D12 error.

Did some research online, it looks like its a pre-load placeholder and is only 10MB large expect to pre-load closer to the time.

Calhoun wrote: »
    Could you pre-install? i am getting 0x80073D12 error.

Yea getting the same. Hopefully sorted tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Did some research online, it looks like its a pre-load placeholder and is only 10MB large expect to pre-load closer to the time.

So it's a pre-load for the pre-load? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,282 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I went to continue playing Ori and got an error saying unable to sync and do I want to play offline. So I chose that option, but my save was gone.
    Are all saves stored in the cloud and not locally? Is there an option to change that? Not much sense playing offline if you can't access the saves.

I restarted and it's syncing now, but would rather local saves and only use the cloud as backup

Darksiders 3 and a few others added.

Phoenix Point added. Just in time for Christmas :-)

I am not sure as my friend didn't get any action and he was on an xbox console and I was on the webapp but the enforcement was on both my console and web app.

The content of our conversation was private but it was fairly raw as the subject matter was adult orientated as he was describing a violent incident.

Lesson here is be careful what you say over the text chat as could lead to an easy ban for you and there is no real way to dispute.

I got a message in Xbox live 2 days ago, my suspension was an accident and they gave me a week free on Xbox gold.

I assume it's a bot they have scanning chat and banning people for certain words being used, regardless of context or audience.

Pretty bad system as there is no way to review such suspensions, if you were an active player on the service it would screw you bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

EN2ziheUYAAeP8O?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

No achievements for FTL :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Been dying to play Frostpunk

Shiminay wrote: »

"Sure I'll see how it runs" he says at 10pm... Frak me but that's an addictive game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭Glebee

A Plague Tale: Innocence

A Plague Tale: Innocence available

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,392 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Glebee wrote: »

You sure? Thought it was console only for now. Great news if true.

It's available alright along with Gris.

Glebee wrote: »

Hadn't heard of this before. What a gem, really enjoying this. Looks fantastic too.

EQBKlIXUUAMMNdT?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

FF XV was such a clunky piece of **** game that was so over rated. finished it but it was awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Anyone having issues with the Xbox Gamepass app? Will not open for me 99% of the time since last Windows update.

Was using it to play a bit of Forza last night, was working fine.

Fm20 is coming, they annoyingly removed FM19 after fm20 was released. Don't know much about the others.

EVB7fX7U0AAFvzf?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Miss having this, any way to get t cheap again? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Shiminay wrote: »

recently beat it tough game but the level of satisfaction from beating that game is amazing. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Delighted with FM2020!

Only problem is the wife won't be...

EVLMU4oU4AA870d?format=jpg&name=large

Never played Alien Isolation I'm too much of a wimp :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭Glebee

ShaneU wrote: »
    EVLMU4oU4AA870d?format=jpg&name=large

Never played Alien Isolation I'm too much of a wimp :D

Same here, i sort of stay away from horror games..:eek::eek:

• Administrators Posts: 54,087 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I watched people play it on Twitch and that was enough for me. Can't deal with games like that.

• Advertisement

Alien Isolation is such a good game once you get into it. Playing with headphones is the way to go though. The noise of the Alien above and below you will make your flesh crawl.

Advertisement