Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

R.I.P. Doorbells

2»

Comments

How do you know it's a neighbour if you don't open the door?

Why do you think God invented those venetian blinds?
    PsychoPete wrote: »
    Growing up in the countryside we didn't have a door bell, the back door was always open so you just stuck your head in the door and roared "hello"

Same here. We haven't had a functional lock on the kitchen door since the mid-90s. Everyone knows they should just let themselves in, and wait,

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

My doorbell takes a pic so i can see who it was/is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Limpy wrote: »
    My doorbell takes a pic so i can see who it was/is.

Was? Does it shoot them also?

Where can I get me one?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

You can get them in homebase afaik, mine came with the new door as an add on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,789 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Anybody who calls to my place is either expected / invited ... otherwise is the postman or a courier... last two or so years there has been a quite dramatic increase in door to door sales / charity chuggers... the front room window has a good view of the front garden and front porch door so if it’s somebody who I don’t know or wearing a charity t-shirt / uniform, holding a clipboard etc I’m not answering and they can fûck off, pain in the hole at this point. I don’t like putting up with smart assed, entitled mupfûcks on my own doorstep... who are trying to waste my time so I can stand there listening to why I’m wrong to want to keep my hard earned cash, wrong to want to spend and donate as per MY choosing and wrong to not listen to them.

A neighbor has a ‘no junk mail / cold caller’ sign but still occasionally answers the door to the various people from charities, sales etc... she was saying that when she brings their attention to the sign , one even said... “yes haha, we can be a pest alright, anyway....”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

i've seen this thing where people strike the door 2 to 3 times with their knuckles in lieu of a doorbell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

i've seen this thing where people strike the door 2 to 3 times with their knuckles in lieu of a doorbell

Animals! :eek:

Animals! :eek:

That they are, but they're in the penny place compared to those who have cygnet rings (think that's what they're called) and use the "force" of their wrist and or arm to knock.

An altogether wholly unpleasant experience, what with only a small part of the door getting the full force of the knock, concentrating the reverb and decibel levels.

Am only half-joking :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Kylta wrote: »
    Get shut of doorbell and gets an addams family style knocker. When somebody knocks at your door. Fire shoots out of the knocker and happy days
    You deserve a Nobel Prize for that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement