Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitachi 48 Inch Ultra HD/4K TV - €385 (Could Expire on 14th)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Picked one up today for the kids bedroom. Its grand for the money 348euro. Bit bulky at the back and sits off the wall compared to other screens we have mounted on the wall. Build quality isn't comparable to better known brands. Picture is very good. Overall I'm happy and kids delighted they are one button push away from YouTube.

Out of curiosity what model number did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Out of curiosity what model number did you get?

48HK6T64U. Is there different models. Seen a picture earlier in thread and part number ends in 74U. I'm confused now.

48HK6T64U. Is there different models. Seen a picture earlier in thread and part number ends in 74U. I'm confused now.

Yeah mines a 48HK6T74U, and it looks like they are severely contrasting models.....

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

Yeah mines a 48HK6T74U, and it looks like they are severely contrasting models.....

Can't find anything on net to compare. Argos don't seem to reference model numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Picked one up this evening. Model number 48hk6t74u.

For 340 I'm delighted. 4k excellent. Hd pic quality excellent. Sound excellent for the price. Build quality good for the price. Smart features good for the cost.

• Advertisement

Picked one up this evening. Model number 48hk6t74u.

For 340 I'm delighted. 4k excellent. Hd pic quality excellent. Sound excellent for the price. Build quality good for the price. Smart features good for the cost.

Seems to me, or at least it's what i'm observing, that the 74U model is the one to try and get. It appears to be a better quality set overall than the 64U.

Anyone got rte player working?

Anyone got rte player working?

Is there an app?

Is there an app?

Wouldn't appear to be. And flash player going to be a huge problem if trying to use it via browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Seems to me, or at least it's what i'm observing, that the 74U model is the one to try and get. It appears to be a better quality set overall than the 64U.

I got the 64U, from researching it looks like the main differences are the addition of Freeview play support, better energy efficiency rating and a different remote. (and the £130 price difference so I would assume its a better set)

You can compare them on the UK site:
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5487673
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6550372

Also on the IE site the 74U is 569.99e so whoever got it is lucky, looks like a mistake from Argos or they are now providing a newer model and some of us got the older one http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=49HK6T74U&authToken=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭deepsilent

manu2009 wrote: »
    I got the 64U, from researching it looks like the main differences are the addition of Freeview play support, better energy efficiency rating and a different remote. (and the £130 price difference so I would assume its a better set)

Also on the IE site the 74U is 569.99e so whoever got it is lucky, looks like a big mistake from Argos http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=49HK6T74U&authToken=

that' another tv, the one you're linking is the 49' model. the right model is 48HK6T74U not 49HK6T74U.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

deepsilent wrote: »
    that' another tv, the one you're linking is the 49' model. the right model is 48HK6T74U not 49HK6T74U.

Yes i was aware of that, but if you look in the description for the 49HK6T74U it says 48 inch, it would be the same spec also as the 48HK6T74U so its a better TV than the one advertised (64U).

Folks. Post if you get rte player working.thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Picked up one of these yesterday,very impressed with quality/price ! Thanks one and all for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭cletus

I thought Samsung had exclusive rights to the rte app. Wasnt aware that any other tv shipped with it. On a related note, I've run the rte app on xbox 369, android tv stick, ipad 2, and macbook pro, and it's sh1t all round

cletus wrote: »
    I thought Samsung had exclusive rights to the rte app. Wasnt aware that any other tv shipped with it. On a related note, I've run the rte app on xbox 369, android tv stick, ipad 2, and macbook pro, and it's sh1t all round

Typical rte. Pure shaft.

Typical rte. Pure shaft.

It gets worse they don't even stream in HD on the app on any platform.

It gets worse they don't even stream in HD on the app on any platform.

Don't forget to pay your TV license :D

Don't forget to pay your TV license :D

I'll be straight down the post office Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Got the TV today. Happy enough with it for the price. The sound would be my only complaint, but if you tinker a bit with the settings you can get it better for yourself. Again, a good TV for the price. Especially if you are upgrading from a smaller, older TV, like I was. It worked out well for me as I had money lying on a one4all voucher too, €155.00 I think, so with that and the 10% discount I only paid somewhere around €190.00 for the TV. Happy days.

Dunno what people were on about a good few posts ago saying/asking if these TV's were refurbished, I wouldn't be happy if it was, and it should be stated in the ad if it was. Mine certainly didn't look like it was refurbished anyway. Also, it was the 74U model I got given too, so I dunno what the story was with people being given/talking about the 64U model either a few posts back.

Just to mention, the 4K videos on the YouTube look amazing!

I actually have to try find a new TV stand now though as it is too big for my current one! So that's another few bob I've to spend.

• Advertisement

chops018 wrote: »
    Got the TV today. Happy enough with it for the price. The sound would be my only complaint, but if you tinker a bit with the settings you can get it better for yourself. Again, a good TV for the price. Especially if you are upgrading from a smaller, older TV, like I was. It worked out well for me as I had money lying on a one4all voucher too, €155.00 I think, so with that and the 10% discount I only paid somewhere around €190.00 for the TV. Happy days.

Dunno what people were on about a good few posts ago saying/asking if these TV's were refurbished, I wouldn't be happy if it was, and it should be in state it in the ad if it was. Mine certainly didn't look like it was refurbished anyway. Also, it was the 74U model I got given too, so I dunno what the story was with people being given/talking about the 64U model either a few posts back.

Just to mention, the 4K videos on the YouTube look amazing!

I actually have to try find a new TV stand now though as it is too big for my current one! So that's another few bob I've to spend.

+1.

Can't tell if it's a refurbished but defo doesn't look like it. Everything packed properly and even has that new smell. I think they have to make it clear it's a refurbished product when selling though. Downloaded grand tour 4k. Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭Invincible

Is it visible on the box, which model it is, 64U/74U ?

+1.

Can't tell if it's a refurbished but defo doesn't look like it. Everything packed properly and even has that new smell. I think they have to make it clear it's a refurbished product when selling though. Downloaded grand tour 4k. Awesome.

Exactly, surely they would have to state somewhere that it was refurbished. Mine doesn't look like it was and I really doubt that it was either to be honest.
    Invincible wrote: »
    Is it visible on the box, which model it is, 64U/74U ?

Yes, it says on the box the model number, mine clearly states that it is "48HK6T74U".

chops018 wrote: »
    Exactly, surely they would have to state somewhere that it was refurbished. Mine doesn't look like it was and I really doubt that it was either to be honest.

Yes, it says on the box the model number, mine clearly states that it is "48HK6T74U".

Mine also is the 74u. For 340 you just can't go wrong.

Mine also is the 74u. For 340 you just can't go wrong.

Fully agree. Might not be the absolute best brand or model out there, but for that price, and what you're getting, you can't go wrong at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭stamjoe

I wonder if the hisense 49" is worth the extra 100 euro over this today.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NFN07RK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hey Folks,

For anyone with kids have a look at this link. My son broke our previous Panasonic 48 inch 4k tv so not going to run the risk again.

These things get good reviews. 93 quid delivered.

stamjoe wrote: »

Depends who they are made by Stamjoe. If they are like the Hitachis or cheaper Panasonics they are made by Vestel in Turkey.

I purchased a 48 inch 4k Panasonic tv last year in power city for 600. This Hitachi is exaclty the same but the app store is slightly better.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭stamjoe

Depends who they are made by Stamjoe. If they are like the Hitachis or cheaper Panasonics they are made by Vestel in Turkey.

I purchased a 48 inch 4k Panasonic tv last year in power city for 600. This Hitachi is exaclty the same but the app store is slightly better.

I'm on about the popular Hisense model seen here nearly daily, which has the better store and "HDR" well uprated HDR anyway. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hisense-49-Widescreen-Smart-Freeview/dp/B01E1QQHPK/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1489416160&sr=1-3&keywords=hisense

• Advertisement

I'm on about the popular Hisense model seen here nearly daily, which has the better store and "HDR" well uprated HDR anyway. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hisense-49-Widescreen-Smart-Freeview/dp/B01E1QQHPK/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1489416160&sr=1-3&keywords=hisense

But it could still be just badged hisense and made by vestel?

Just research it first would be my advise. I would highly endorse this product at 340 though.

Advertisement