Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitachi 48 Inch Ultra HD/4K TV - €385 (Could Expire on 14th)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Anyone tried there's yet
    Good quality for 384 ? :-)

Have one reserved
    Like other ba's not sure if I need it ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

kellsred wrote: »
    I'll check mine later, the box was battered and was previously opened (possibly to show a customer I was told). Had a quick look inside and the legs were unopened so I didn't look any further.

I knew I shouldn't have accepted it!

Just opened the box and plugged in the TV. Screen is smashed. The sticker you can see on the box has a delivery address on it (the chancer in store told me it was the address of their depot), I just called the fella up on it. He had it delivered before Christmas and it was like that - screen smashed. He had an awful time returning it, but they finally took it back. Now it looks like they just put it back for sale.

I'm absolutely fuming, and won't be able to get back to the store till next week. I will go in to my local one over the weekend to see if they will swap, but I really want to get that little fecker and see why he pushed it on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Just opened the box and plugged in the TV. Screen is smashed. The sticker you can see on the box has a delivery address on it (the chancer in store told me it was the address of their depot), I just called the fella up on it. He had it delivered before Christmas and it was like that - screen smashed. He had an awful time returning it, but they finally took it back. Now it looks like they just put it back for sale.

I'm absolutely fuming, and won't be able to get back to the store till next week. I will go in to my local one over the weekend to see if they will swap, but I really want to get that little fecker and see why he pushed it on me.

That's shocking behaviour, complete waste of your time and they clearly knew it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

GY A1 wrote: »
    Anyone tried there's yet
    Good quality for 384 ? :-)

Have one reserved
    Like other ba's not sure if I need it ;-)

Isn't the bargain over now?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

UPDATE: Back In Stock at Low Price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Is this TV any good?

I have reserved one at the €384.00 price, but I don't know if I should bother.

Currently a 5-6 year old 32" Samsung in the sitting room so I am assuming this will surely be an upgrade in all areas. It's just that I love the Samsung brand of TV. Have Samsung TV's in the bedroom, sitting room, and kitchen. Always found that brand superior quality but I don't really have the wedge to for out €700.00-800.00 for a Samsung.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Seriously complain about this dude, i hate people like this in retail gives everyone a bad name. He was just looking for his commission, is his name on the receipt?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

EAN: 5014024003041 when this is googled,

https://tvuhd.org/product/hitachi-48-inch-ultra-hd-smart-led-tv-b-grade/

the above link comes up, listing "B-Grade" TV's (refurbs). Are these all refurbs, yet it doesn't say so explicitly in the ad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Can anyone confirm if this tv supports 4k content from a usb hard drive?

Thanks

Just saw that the Motion rate is 50Hz.

Surely this isn't good when some TV's today have 200Hz motion rate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Danny2580 wrote: »
    EAN: 5014024003041 when this is googled,

https://tvuhd.org/product/hitachi-48-inch-ultra-hd-smart-led-tv-b-grade/

the above link comes up, listing "B-Grade" TV's (refurbs). Are these all refurbs, yet it doesn't say so explicitly in the ad?

The English is terrible on the link

chops018 wrote: »
    Just saw that the Motion rate is 50Hz.

Surely this isn't good when some TV's today have 200Hz motion rate?

It doesn't matter really. Unless you are using sky q.

If you are using a virgin horizon box or normal sky+ hd or saorivew box I think the motion rate on them is 60hz max.

It doesn't matter really. Unless you are using sky q.

If you are using a virgin horizon box or normal sky+ hd or saorivew box I think the motion rate on them is 60hz max.

Ok, thanks for the reply.

Would just be a Virgin Media HD+ box and an Xbox One S.

Do you think it would suit, bearing in mind it would be an upgrade from a 5-6 year old 32" Samsung.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Do you think it would suit, bearing in mind it would be an upgrade from a 5-6 year old 32" Samsung.

looking for it for an xbox also,
    had reserved the last time time but didnt get it picked up :pac:

Hey,

I think the xbox one s is 4k?? Really for gaming you'd need a tv with HDR. But your into a decent chunk of money. If it's just younger kids gaming I'd go with this tv as they won't be using that feature as much.

For virgin media it would be the bees knees.

If you get this tv order in a 4k hdmi cable off amazon. They are about 10 quid for a decent one. Any of the stores in ireland will rip you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭deepsilent

I bought one today, and i got 10% discount mentioning the code tv10 at the till, so far seems good value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

deepsilent wrote: »
    I bought one today, and i got 10% discount mentioning the code tv10 at the till, so far seems good value for money.

Was it new or refurbished? Have you it set up? Can you give us a few details on it?

So you got 38 quid off it? That's deadly.

Could you check if it can play 4k via usb? I understand if that's to much to ask.

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Was it new or refurbished? Have you it set up? Can you give us a few details on it?

well, it looks new, everything was packed on sealed bags and boxes, and it doesn't have any marks or scratches, is there any way to know if it's refurbished? any code to check?

So you got 38 quid off it? That's deadly.

Could you check if it can play 4k via usb? I understand if that's to much to ask.
    yes, i got 38 off plus 50 that i had on a one4all card that i got from virgin media :)
    i'll check it tonight, and ill let you know.

• Advertisement

yes, i got 38 off plus 50 that i had on a one4all card that i got from virgin media :)
    i'll check it tonight, and ill let you know.

Fair play.

Fair play.
    I'm playing this
    http://4ksamples.com/elysium-2013-2160p-1-minute-sample-footage/
    from the usb and works fine.

Took the plunge and currently doing comparison against an LG 4K (LG43UH650V for those interested) and i am thusly impressed.

Initial impressions:

-Build quality is far past something which €350 should be able to buy.
    -Lack of HDR aside, 4K playback on Netflix is exceptional (NB, this is network/isp dependant: Min 25meg line i believe)
    -"Dedicated Appstore" (Opera TV Store) has the usual suspects i look for: Plex being a welcome surprise; playback so far very smooth.
    -Nice little touch in the AV selection is it recognising the device- HDMI 1 is renamed to Apple TV
    -Dedicated Netflix button is nice- Remote is decent enough to be fair. Also has a dedicated YouTube button.
    -Volume is actually quite good, all things considered. I will be using an external device but it's a welcome surprise.

Some notes- I find the best test for a display, at least for me personally, is the House of Cards intro or, more recently, the Luke Cage intro, and the is how i test my playback. With that in mind, i am finding this to be quite a decent 4K screen. However it will need to be adjusted accordingly, and that is where i fall down, so i will need to look elsewhere for the best settings.

HD content over Plex is very, very nice, and standard def is quite good too. The only two niggles i have are:

-The convoluted way you get into the Plex app- into the apps, into the Opera store, into my apps, into Plex. Plex is on the ATV anyway for me so not a major issue, but could be for some.

-The 4 bolts that come with the TV for wall hanging are very short, so if you need to put any spacers on you will need to get longer bolts.

All that said, i will keep testing it and report any issues i come across, but for €350 and as long as you can stand not having HDR, i can't do anything but recommend.

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Took the plunge and currently doing comparison against an LG 4K (LG43UH650V for those interested) and i am thusly impressed.

Initial impressions:

-Build quality is far past something which €350 should be able to buy.
    -Lack of HDR aside, 4K playback on Netflix is exceptional (NB, this is network/isp dependant: Min 25meg line i believe)
    -"Dedicated Appstore" (Opera TV Store) has the usual suspects i look for: Plex being a welcome surprise; playback so far very smooth.
    -Nice little touch in the AV selection is it recognising the device- HDMI 1 is renamed to Apple TV
    -Dedicated Netflix button is nice- Remote is decent enough to be fair. Also has a dedicated YouTube button.
    -Volume is actually quite good, all things considered. I will be using an external device but it's a welcome surprise.

Some notes- I find the best test for a display, at least for me personally, is the House of Cards intro or, more recently, the Luke Cage intro, and the is how i test my playback. With that in mind, i am finding this to be quite a decent 4K screen. However it will need to be adjusted accordingly, and that is where i fall down, so i will need to look elsewhere for the best settings.

HD content over Plex is very, very nice, and standard def is quite good too. The only two niggles i have are:

-The convoluted way you get into the Plex app- into the apps, into the Opera store, into my apps, into Plex. Plex is on the ATV anyway for me so not a major issue, but could be for some.

-The 4 bolts that come with the TV for wall hanging are very short, so if you need to put any spacers on you will need to get longer bolts.

All that said, i will keep testing it and report any issues i come across, but for €350 and as long as you can stand not having HDR, i can't do anything but recommend.

Cheers IBFOXER. Excellent review. Am I correct in saying HDR will only be an issue if you want to use the tv for online gaming?

I'm playing this
    http://4ksamples.com/elysium-2013-2160p-1-minute-sample-footage/
    from the usb and works fine.

Thanks Deep silent.

Cheers IBFOXER. Excellent review. Am I correct in saying HDR will only be an issue if you want to use the tv for online gaming?

Yes AND no. In complete layman terms, HDR is more pop, more vibrant colours, blacker blacks etc. The real issue for gaming is input lag- I haven't tried it yet as it's not for gaming but it can be tested easily enough. That said, some of the lads have 4K TV's that don't have HDR10 and there is definitely an improvement in the visuals of their games, and remember that only a fraction of games have HDR anyway, but it will likely be the thing going forward, especially with Scorpio on the way.

My reasoning for getting this TV was a need/want for a bigger screen in the "Lounge" area- and this ticked all the boxes on paper. So far so good, I put it through a few paces last night and everything went, well, better than expected for €350.

If I was using this purely as a gaming screen then I'd likely look elsewhere, as I'd personally want HDR and to go smaller, but it is very much each to their own and if you think this will suffice then by all means fire on, for the money it's very hard to find anything wrong.

For anyone that bought one of these, what model did you get?

What way does the code work? Do they have to email it to you or is a chance the arm kinda job?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

What way does the code work? Do they have to email it to you or is a chance the arm kinda job?

It's on their website. First page. ROlling banner. Any TV over 350 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

Picked one up today for the kids bedroom. Its grand for the money 348euro. Bit bulky at the back and sits off the wall compared to other screens we have mounted on the wall. Build quality isn't comparable to better known brands. Picture is very good. Overall I'm happy and kids delighted they are one button push away from YouTube.

Advertisement