Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

deco nate wrote: »
    New maps are out on November 18 :)

pSkAADC.png

Not to mention Far Cry 4, Dragon Age Inquisition & Destiny Refreshes. Tis a busy Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

What do they be thinking by doing this, just pure idiotic decision making. The same day as three major releases

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I was hoping for mid December. morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

The new DLC is out on the 18th if you have Premium.
    Its out on the 2nd of December if you are buying it as standalone DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I was really looking forward to the next DLC but Dragon Age inquisition comin out the same day.. I reckon I'll be away from Battlefield for a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Is there a way to get rid of premium so I don't get it until december?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

how about you imagine that you dont have premium and then preload it for the 2nd

I thought you'd booked off december for playing Elite :)

1.3GB patch for base game plus 6.03GB for the Final Stand DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

is that more cte stuff? :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Is anyone getting piss poor download speed for the update? like 30 kbs..

Never had any download patch issues with Origin before but its downloading it as such a slow rate here...

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

ugh.....crawling here aswell....cant even fire up bf3...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

this is actually so fuking badass

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Actually...dont think anythings movng.

Downloaded the patch in about an hour on XB1.

Maps look amassing and they are really good from the get go hanger is my favourite right now it's a brilliant map I think

Getting 7kbs atm...have no idea why its that bad...

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Downloaded the patch in about an hour on XB1.

whos your ISP? Im with Eircom EFibre

Scram wrote: »
    Getting 7kbs atm...have no idea why its that bad...

I'm on pc got 2mb/s heheh

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Took a little longer than expected to Dl patch but still under an hour. Real kick in the nuts though when you want to get some games in and you don't have much time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Xennon wrote: »
    Actually...dont think anythings movng.

It took 4 hours but I finally have it up and running. It did look like it just stalled for a while but ya know what they say about a watched pot...

Scram wrote:
    whos your ISP? Im with Eircom EFibre

Vodafone through eircom phone line.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Vodafone through eircom phone line.

Normally Downloads from Ea are even faster than Valves Steam but for some reason the one day i was looking forward to playing some Bf4 it let me down, god dam.

The download speed is all over the place, its starts at 5mbs and drops fast to 400kbs and then kinda dies, it never used to do this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,097 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Scram wrote: »
    Normally Downloads from Ea are even faster than Valves Steam but for some reason the one day i was looking forward to playing some Bf4 it let me down, god dam.

The download speed is all over the place, its starts at 5mbs and drops fast to 400kbs and then kinda dies, it never used to do this.

Eircom have saturated their peering over the last few months.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057315815

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Decided to have a quick go of this before I went to bed last night after finally getting it downloaded for the 360.

In my haste to get in I hadn't noticed all my guns and vehicle weapons had been reset, which was quite annoying.

Played whiteout, didn't do great, game ended then immediately loaded up Op.Locker and seemed to continue the score from there, so I ended up with 2 rounds worth of scoring in one...

Also, has anyone else been the victim of a squad users with DMR's being virtually invincible?
    Last night and a few times before I've gone up against lads with DMR's and been mowed down by what sounded like it firing on full auto, literally it was firing as fast as my assault rifle..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Played a bit of the new maps last night. They seem nice enough.

Couldn't really judge properly as I couldn't aim for $hit for whatever reason. It became rage inducing so I had to log off. Will test out more over the weekend.

Was the Schipunov42 nerfed from CET? The videos I watched on that thing saw it destroying everything in it's path. I used it yesterday and found it to be a complete piece of rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

1.3GB patch for base game plus 6.03GB for the Final Stand DLC.

Just a reminder to everyone that you can delete the previous patches once the new one is installed. The new patch includes all the updates from the previous ones

That rorshack rail gun is so over powered seen a lad taking out heli and jets, loving the maps so far they are great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Giants of Karelia is the weakest map imo but I didn't try it with 64 players which would probably be better. I like the other 3 new maps though and must try some Rush and obliteration on them too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I played one map last night & thought it looked absolutely amazing. My game play was shocking as I haven't played the thing in months & had lost all of my HUD settings etc since I had an OS reinstal. Hopefully get a few more games in later

Advertisement