Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Sparks wrote: »
    Yeah, but how much will they be charging for the new maps?

Free for all the poop we had to put up with before they got the game running right, wasn't thier a rumour that they were gonna give an extra map pack out cause of the problems, to those that paid for premium?

and seeing as hardliners is is like what? 6 months away, they can easily do it. For those that have kept the faith.

Btw, we're in that link does it hint anything? I just see the tasks, Ect that they put up.
    Were does it say that anything
    Besides get more extra packs?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,335 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Do you know what would be freakin awesome?

If DICE opened up their map editor to the community for a month or two and let the community build it's own maps, and then have a competition for the best 4 maps to be made into an official free DLC.

(1 map from each of 4 categories,
    1, clusterfu*k metro/locker style
    2. close quarters style
    3. epic large conquest style
    4. tactical conquest style (not necessarily big, but with lots of strategic elements like choke points, tactical vehicles, vantage points etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Akrasia wrote: »
    Do you know what would be freakin awesome?

If DICE opened up their map editor to the community for a month or two and let the community build it's own maps, and then have a competition for the best 4 maps to be made into an official free DLC.

That woudl be cool. I was just thinking last night that you could create some asymetrical versus games especially now that there is a compund bow in the game. Imagine something like Evolve but the hunters have Bows versus one player who is kitted out...might not work but you never know. I always thought it would be great if they released mod tools for BF3 now that BF4 is out (there were just a few attempts at this after the BF3 server system got reverse engineered but then the cheater hackers started exploiting the movement so Dice closed off the loophole that allowed it)
    deco nate wrote: »
    Btw, we're in that link does it hint anything? I just see the tasks, Ect that they put up.
    Were does it say that anything
    Besides get more extra packs?
    It doesn't say anything. There have just been rumours but an announcement today at 9am PDT has been confirmed. One of the clues was a mention that the Dice Devs have been playing a lot of BF3 lately but we really don't know what that means or even if it has anything to do with today's announcement.

There are several rumour type videos on youtube about all this stuff but it's only rumours so far:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

One of the clues was a mention that the Dice Devs have been playing a lot of BF3 lately

That was probably someone sitting them down and showing what a working game looks like :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Sorry to hijack the thread for a second but this is pretty urgent and I know I will get good coverage here, Someone take these copies of insurgency before 11am!!!!!!!! https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=btz2vyEkGMyqRyFw

Ok im done, continue..

Any news on what the big announcement was ?

not till 5pm today but it's probably gold dogtags...can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

not till 5pm today but it's probably gold dogtags...can't wait!

A bf3 map pack can't wait !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Harvest Day for the win, infantry only

• Advertisement

So they are gonna release another map pack from older bf games, nice one :)

So they are gonna release another map pack from older bf games, nice one :)

buuuuut does it cost more than the 120 i spent n a broken game ??

fergus1001 wrote: »

I'm hoping it's included in premium!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

ziba tower please!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SuperNova1890

They extended premium for another year so the next map packs should be included.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

its probably going to be free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Great news in fairness. Although it'll probably take 4-5 months before we see it.

Great news in fairness. Although it'll probably take 4-5 months before we see it.

to be honest ive been playing bf4 almost constantly since launch so at this point if there is a community there i will be there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

Should have done like most of the rest of us and paid €65 for it online :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

miralize wrote: »
    ziba tower please!

Sad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Clearly the best Saying Nothing announcement in history.

Funny how the BF community are seen as different but when push comes to shove the most popular maps being requested are BF3 maps, even though we have 4 already, with Canals TDM, Ziba, Grand Bazaar being requested. Yes CQ COD like maps.

Ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

mozattack wrote: »
    Funny how the BF community are seen as different but when push comes to shove the most popular maps being requested are BF3 maps, even though we have 4 already, with Canals TDM, Ziba, Grand Bazaar being requested. Yes CQ COD like maps.

Ridiculous

Isn't freedom of speech and opinion f*cking awesome...

jonski wrote: »
    Should have done like most of the rest of us and paid €65 for it online :)

i did i just like to make it look more dramatic lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Assume whatever it is, something will drop on xmas day?

FWIWs

I picked:
    El Alamein
    Anzio
    Kursk
    Iwo Jima
    Berlin

Hue 68
    Game Warden
    La Drang

Dalian
    Daqing
    Fushe
    Kubra
    Maashtuur
    Jalabad
    Songhua
    Taraba

Oasis

Arica
    Atacama
    Lagaun Presa

Damavand
    Grand bazaar
    Seine
    tehran
    Kharg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

I don't know how they're going to run all this extra content whilst trying to maintain and emphasis Hardline sales?! Less people are going to buy Hardline now knowing BF4 still has life left in it apparently...

It just doesn't make sense?! Surely, a better proposal from a financial perspective would of been to release Hardline as a fully fledged expansion pack for BF4 costing 30 quid or something?!

Now they're going to end up splitting the community next year and further fracturing it when Battlefront comes out?! What a balls they've made of this....

Dayum wrote: »
    I don't know how they're going to run all this extra content whilst trying to maintain and emphasis Hardline sales?! Less people are going to buy Hardline now knowing BF4 still has life left in it apparently...

It just doesn't make sense?! Surely, a better proposal from a financial perspective would of been to release Hardline as a fully fledged expansion pack for BF4 costing 30 quid or something?!

Now they're going to end up splitting the community next year and further fracturing it when Battlefront comes out?! What a balls they've made of this....
    They lost a lot of fans with the cock up of bf4 when it came out, I see this as making amends for it. It will win back fans. it's not about winning a battle, it's about winning the war(great pun is great :) )
    So what if hardliners suffers, it's about keeping the brand alive.

I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

They lost a lot of fans with the cock up of bf4 when it came out, I see this as making amends for it. It will win back fans. it's not about winning a battle, it's about winning the war(great pun is great :) )
    So what if hardliners suffers, it's about keeping the brand alive.

I believe

EA own the whole Battlefield franchise. Therefore what they are doing is creating competition between two games they own. Three if you consider Battlefield 3 map DLC good enough to bring back customers. There are no losers here, only winners. EA....

GerB40 wrote: »
    EA own the whole Battlefield franchise. Therefore what they are doing is creating competition between two games they own. Three if you consider Battlefield 3 map DLC good enough to bring back customers. There are no losers here, only winners. EA....
    By releasing more map packs for free in bf4 they are only going to get good press.
    Now that the game is running as it should it will draw in more sales, making new fans for the bf franchise.
    After all the bad press it got after it was first released, it really makes sense to do this.
    To win back hearts and minds(i love the army quote stuff! )

Maby hard line will be pushed to next November ?

• Advertisement

Maby hard line will be pushed to next November ?
    The way they keep pushing back the release date, you could be right. The clues are there to see :)

Advertisement