Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest quad core Android Retina Display (2048 x 1536) tablet @ €130 delivered

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Mistmyr

They have been discussing this tablet over on hotukdeals.com for a few months now. The thread has a few reviews and a ton of links to compatible keyboards and covers ect.. well worth a look...

Im so torn on this, im just about to pull the trigger and order one...

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/cheapest-android-retina-display-2048-x-1536-new-polatab-elite-q9-7-android-4-2-jellybean-1882975#comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

d22ontour wrote: »
    Would i need any certain type of case for this or are they standard ? Only got one i ordered from the 19th of April yesterday, terrible delivery time, pretty decent customer support when i contacted them.

THIS is the case I purchased when buying the Tablet. Fits well and has small magnets in the cover to keep it closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Refund came through today, hassle free; good seller (B.E.).

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Gonna sell mine if anyone is interested and doesnt fancy the wait.
    Have used it about 5 times

• Registered Users Posts: 15,512 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Gonna sell mine if anyone is interested and doesnt fancy the wait.
    Have used it about 5 times

Why are you selling it and PM me a price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Anyone find a work around for viewing Netflix on this tablet?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Kirijoleth

Nforce wrote: »
    Anyone find a work around for viewing Netflix on this tablet?

Looking at forums it seems this problem is common to a lot of tablets, many people seem to have fixed it by rolling back to Netflix version 1.8.1.

So far I find the tablet great, the only problem I'm having is adding extra users, there is no sign of users in the settings. If I enable it using a terminal program they disappear when I reboot the device.

Lidl are going to be selling a tablet soon for €199, the Polatab Elite Q9.7" seems to be better spec and way better value for money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Anyone else getting poor battery life? ( 4h 47, and it's now at 10% ? )

I checked the Android battery usage and 50%+ is used by "Cell Standby".
    I've had this issue before with an older tablet, where the firmware is trying to get a mobile/3g signal even though the tablet doesn't support it.

For the moment, I've just tried

1. Go to settings, "System settings" and under the "Wireless & Networks" section click on "More...". You should see a "Mobile networks" option, click that and you can then disable the "Data enabled" setting.

2. Again, in settings, under "System settings" and under the "Wireless & Networks" section click on "Data usage". On the top right hand corner of the screen there's three vertical dots, click on that.
    You should see a checkbox for "Restrict background data". I've disabled that.

* I imagine this setting has the side effect of forcing you to manually refresh any services, eg. gmail you have.

Anyways, just thought I'd share what I've tried so far, will see if it has an effect on next full recharge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

I've put my wife's into Airplane Mode and enabled wifi, it seems to have helped with battery life. Cell Standby is no longer appearing in the battery usage breakdown

Thanks, I had assumed that airplane mode disabled wifi too.

• Advertisement

viking wrote: »
    I've put my wife's into Airplane Mode and enabled wifi, it seems to have helped with battery life. Cell Standby is no longer appearing in the battery usage breakdown

Hmmm... still showing 50% power drain in cell standby after a full recharge.
    I've airplane mode on, wifi on and the previous two settings of restrict background data and explicitly disable the mobile data.

There's a few new suggestions in this thread (not specific to this tablet), so will try those

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2078512

ie. there's a few apps to try like "Auto Airplane Mode" app, "Battery Stats Pro", "JuiceDefender".

Also will try to disable Location Services if that's even enabled, and also try disabling it in Google maps.

Anyone got a recommendation for a ROM / upgrade for this so that we don't get stuck behind as Android moves forward?

Not sure this is cyangenmod compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

How does the neocore compare to this one?? Fairly good reviews on amazon...

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Snow Crash

TheDriver wrote: »
    How does the neocore compare to this one?? Fairly good reviews on amazon...

It doesn't on specs...

Screen
    PolaTab - 9.7" (2048 x 1536)
    neoCore - 10" (1024x600)

CPU
    PolaTab - Quad-Core (4 x 1.6GHz)
    neoCore - Dual Core (2 x 1.5GHz)

RAM
    PolaTab - 2 GB
    neoCore - 1 GB

EDIT
    I was looking at the lower end version neocore N10.

The neoCore Elite HD which your talking about is very similar but is £159.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

Is there GPS on this tab cant see it in the specs ?

Is there GPS on this tab cant see it in the specs ?

No GPS

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭logically

Any ever get Netflix to work on this unit? There have been 2 netflix app updates since I last posted , still getting the old green screen.

I tried a few Black Netflix editions and Xposed framework work around and while I can get Netflix to play and display it constantly buffers making viewing impossible.

Guess I'll have to make do with Showbox instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Hmmm... still showing 50% power drain in cell standby after a full recharge.
    I've airplane mode on, wifi on and the previous two settings of restrict background data and explicitly disable the mobile data...............
    ..........Also will try to disable Location Services if that's even enabled, and also try disabling it in Google maps.

Any one having joy on getting the battery to work better? For me 5 hours doesn't seem great and that's mainly browsing..?
    Apart from that tabletb seems OK so far.

Any one having joy on getting the battery to work better? For me 5 hours doesn't seem great and that's mainly browsing..?
    Apart from that tabletb seems OK so far.

Not with any simple user settings on the unrooted tablet.

From a browse of the web for similar issues, it seems that you should
    a) root your tablet
    b) move the phone.apk and telephony*.apk from the system/bin folder
    c) restart
    d) then fully charge the tablet and see if it appears in the battery stats again

http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/freescale-i-mx6-quad-core/cell-standby-there-way-disable-3104-3.html

I haven't rooted a phone/tablet yet, but I think it's mentioned earlier in this thread. That's where I am at the moment with this issue.

• Advertisement

Nforce wrote: »
    I've rooted mine successfully using kingoapp.

I downloaded kingo root and ran it through www.virustotal.com and 3 of it's virus scanners flagged it as a trojan.

Also AndroidNews warns not to use it....

http://androidnews.co.in/2013/11/08/psa-use-kingo-root-vroot-root-android-device/

So I'm going to try avoiding that one !

Sending mine back...

Having strange auto rotate issues, and unable to use sky go on it as it's rooted.

kkelly77 wrote: »
    Connected the Tablet to the laptop
    Used the driver found HERE when Windoze asked for the driver

I have Windows 7, and did use that driver successfully.
    I didn't need to use "Kingoapp" you did, instead in that very ZIP file there's a batch file called TPSparkyroot.bat which roots the tablet. ( a process involving 3 tablet reboots ).

After that I was able to delete the phone.apk and telephony*.apk from system/bin.

So far so good, after 7 mins on battery after a full charge, there's still no sign of "Cell Standby" in the battery stats. The screen is taking up the most of the power, as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fcbruno

Hi guys

I ordered one of these last night.

What, say, top 5 things would you recommend doing upon starting up this tablet (excluding rooting as that's a bit advanced for me I'm afraid)? For example, run the benchmark tool, install antivirus, delete unneeded apps etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Having an issue that all but one user accounts gets removed when the tablet is rebooted

Have to constantly go into Terminal to re-assign the number of users (in my case 4) using setprop fw.max_users 4. After this, all accounts, settings etc are back.

Anyone know what's going on with this? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Kirijoleth

kkelly77 wrote: »
    Having an issue that all but one user accounts gets removed when the tablet is rebooted

Have to constantly go into Terminal to re-assign the number of users (in my case 4) using setprop fw.max_users 4. After this, all accounts, settings etc are back.

Anyone know what's going on with this? Thanks.

I have had that problem too, I have emailed them, but as of yet they have no solution for me.

Advertisement