Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest quad core Android Retina Display (2048 x 1536) tablet @ €130 delivered

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

logically wrote: »
    RTE player a bit hit and miss whether a programme will play .

Thats not necessarily a fault with the tablet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭Talisman

viking wrote: »
    I picked this cable up and while it does charge the tablet it doesn't seem to allow it to charge very fast. Currently charging using a 2A charger, the tablet came with a 3A charger....
    If you have a more powerful charging unit then it will charge quicker.

Anker 40W USB Charger can deliver up to 8A to a device.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭horse7

THIS usb /mains unit in the foto, how does it connect to the tablet,i thought it was a pin type head that enters the tab?

horse7 wrote: »
    THIS usb /mains unit in the foto, how does it connect to the tablet,i thought it was a pin type head that enters the tab?
    You need an additional USB cable which has the correct connector - Xbox 360 Wireless Headset Charging Cable.

is that a 2.5mm pin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Was anyone able to find a suitable driver for the tablet?

Still trying to root it with Kingoapp but can't get Windoze to find the right driver, so Kingoapp isn't detecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Ordered one of these for use in an iCade. Still waiting on delivery, but it's with PM at the moment.
    Anyone know of some suitable modded roms for it?

horse7 wrote: »
    no post to ireland?
    You can use Parcel Motel's service to get it delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Would someone do a review of the tablet plz ?

1) Is the screen responsive ? i.e. is it easy to select small areas on the screen? Do you have to tap the ok button a few times before the tablet notices?

2) Does it crash allot? i.e. reboots needed frequently?

3) Is the screen readable outdoors?

4) How does the battery hold up?

5) Will Android Upgrades be a problem?

6) Does the wifi stay connected ?

7) Will it take a fall? Does it feel cheap, breakable?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

bmm wrote: »
    Would someone do a review of the tablet plz ?

1) Is the screen responsive ? i.e. is it easy to select small areas on the screen? Do you have to tap the ok button a few times before the tablet notices?

2) Does it crash allot? i.e. reboots needed frequently?

3) Is the screen readable outdoors?

4) How does the battery hold up?

5) Will Android Upgrades be a problem?

6) Does the wifi stay connected ?

7) Will it take a fall? Does it feel cheap, breakable?

Just to answer your questions after a few weeks of using this
    1. Screen feels perfect, pretty responsive I must say.
    2. I find apps crash a lot and there is very noticable slowdown when apps start to update automatically. I havent had to reboot the tablet as yet though.
    3. Screen is better than my galaxy note in the sun I found
    4. Battery is great, im guessing 6+ hours with heavy use
    5. They are already a problem. Runs android 4.2 which is buggy. Have struggled already to find a suitable ROM to update this
    6. Wifi is good after some initial problems. Seem to have ironed themselves out and now is pretty solid
    7. Feels a little less solid than an ipad. Similiar build to a galaxy tab but it has a plastic cover for the hdmi and charging slot which feels flimsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭Doge

Talisman wrote: »
    If you have a more powerful charging unit then it will charge quicker.

Anker 40W USB Charger can deliver up to 8A to a device.

Thats an absolute beast, and all along I was cool with a 2A 4-port charger!

I'd say the most current a tablet would draw is just shy of 2A though?

The Anker is certainly handy for charging multiple devices simultaneously.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭Doge

viking wrote: »
    I picked this cable up and while it does charge the tablet it doesn't seem to allow it to charge very fast. Currently charging using a 2A charger, the tablet came with a 3A charger....

If the 3A charger doesn't charge it as fast as a 2A charger, then it's certainly not 3A!

The Chinese pulling a fast one again I see! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

waveform wrote: »
    If the 3A charger doesn't charge it as fast as a 2A charger, then it's certainly not 3A!

The Chinese pulling a fast one again I see! :D

I worded that badly. I tried using the cable with a 2A USB charger and it was really slow. The 3A one that came with the tablet is grand, it charges it pretty fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Mine arrived yesterday afternoon, very happy with it so far.
    Seems fast, arrived with the proper 3 pin UK plug although there was an unsettling high pitched noise when I plugged it in, which disappeared soon.

It doesn't have a dedicated "menu" button, only a back button.
    My ancient single core tablet had a menu button.
    So you're looking for the corresponding software icons on-screen instead.

The list of background wallpaper images is poor, but nothing ye can't fix yourselves by dropping in more photos.

I used Airdroid to drop a load of folders&files of photos, videos, ebooks etc, and it queued up all the downloads and completed just fine.

So far, so good. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

Mine was due to be delivered by yesterday at the latest.

No sign of it.

I emailed them and got a reply straight away offering a replacement or a refund. Asked for a replacement.

Have to say I'm impressed with their customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭logically

Any purchasers and Netflixers confirm if they are getting green screen instead of video like I'm getting on mine ? Maybe I have a dud one.

Rega wrote: »
    Mine was due to be delivered by yesterday at the latest.

No sign of it.

I emailed them and got a reply straight away offering a replacement or a refund. Asked for a replacement.

Have to say I'm impressed with their customer service.

It wasn't by any chance this?
    We received a sack of mail back from royal mail a few days ago with several damaged packages in it but the labels and documents had been torn rendering them unidentifiable.

Unfortunately, we have just had to wait until people, who have not yet received their's, have got in touch

Would you like me to send out another or would you prefer a refund, may I ask?

Sincere apologies once again

This is pretty disappointing considering that it was placed on the 25th. Given the timelines and the post in this thread from the 29th with this carbon copy leads me to believe I'm not getting the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

It wasn't by any chance this?

This is pretty disappointing considering that it was placed on the 25th. Given the timelines and the post in this thread from the 29th with this carbon copy leads me to believe I'm not getting the truth.

Yep, that was it.

Just hope they send it out as they said they would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Kirijoleth

kkelly77 wrote: »
    Was anyone able to find a suitable driver for the tablet?

Still trying to root it with Kingoapp but can't get Windoze to find the right driver, so Kingoapp isn't detecting it.

Same problem here, I've been trying using windows 7 and 8. I'll dust down my old xp PC and give it a go with that.

logically wrote: »
    Any purchasers and Netflixers confirm if they are getting green screen instead of video like I'm getting on mine ? Maybe I have a dud one.

Having the same issue on mine. Tried installing MX Player in case it was a codec issue but problem remains.
    I've rooted mine successfully using kingoapp.

Nforce wrote: »
    I've rooted mine successfully using kingoapp.

Was your tablet successfully detected or did you have to install drivers?

kkelly77 wrote: »
    Was your tablet successfully detected or did you have to install drivers?

It was successfully detected by Windows 7 and pulled down the driver automatically.

Remember to go into the tablets settings menu and enable USB debugging under Developer Options before attaching the tablet to the computer via USB.

Has anyone risked flashing a Pipo M6 rom yet?

Remember to go into the tablets settings menu and enable USB debugging under Developer Options before attaching the tablet to the computer via USB.

Yeah, did that first try. Tried on 2 different laptops, no luck. All I want is the Users option :mad:

Maybe try this method as our tablet has the same chip..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2567644

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

They got my returned tablet and said they couldn't replicate any of the issues. I asked for a refund anyway and got a notification from Amazon that a refund is being processed. Overall v good customer service from B.E. .

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Kirijoleth

Maybe try this method as our tablet has the same chip..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2567644

Thanks for the link, it worked nicely for rooting, the problem for me was with Win 7 it wouldn't allow me to install unsigned drivers. As soon as I disabled it I was able to install the drivers no problem. Now all I need to do is figure out how to upgrade it to KitKat.

Finally got the Tablet rooted & Users added :D

Used the F8 on startup in Windows to select the Disable Digital Signature Enforcement
    Connected the Tablet to the laptop
    Used the driver found HERE when Windoze asked for the driver
    Ran Kingoapp when driver installed and rooted tablet
    Used the instructions HERE to setup the Users options.

By default our Tablet is has only 1 user account enabled.

HTH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Would i need any certain type of case for this or are they standard ? Only got one i ordered from the 19th of April yesterday, terrible delivery time, pretty decent customer support when i contacted them.

Advertisement