Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
12-07-2019, 10:43   #16
AMKC
Registered User
 
AMKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by flazio View Post
FP3?
FP1 lol not 3. The Session just red flagged now Kimi's car just came to a halt at a dangerous spot on the track.
AMKC is offline  
Advertisement
12-07-2019, 11:48   #17
astrofluff
Registered User
 
astrofluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,335
Sorry, I posted in the Austrian thread inadvertently. Good to have it live on C4. I'd expect the Merc are holding back as usual. But good to see Gasly making a decent effort.
astrofluff is offline  
Thanks from:
12-07-2019, 11:50   #18
skipper_G
Registered User
 
skipper_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrofluff View Post
Sorry, I posted in the Austrian thread inadvertently. Good to have it live on C4. I'd expect the Merc are holding back as usual. But good to see Gasly making a decent effort.
First time Gasly topped a timesheet in F1 I guess, he needs every positive he can get right now to save his career.
skipper_G is offline  
Thanks from:
12-07-2019, 11:56   #19
Joeface
Registered User
 
Joeface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,197
Send a message via MSN to Joeface
He is not using his setups any more according to RedBull , he has to us Max's and only slight adjustments allowed.
Joeface is offline  
12-07-2019, 13:06   #20
Burkie1203
Registered User
 
Burkie1203's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 4,820
Lewis complaining about Wimbledon and Cricket World cup final all on same day.

So Lewis, go home.
Burkie1203 is offline  
Advertisement
12-07-2019, 14:54   #21
dublinman1990
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,854
How long ago did Silverstone had rain during the Grand Prix race? It must have been a long time ago since we had rain on it because Seb won the last year when the incident between Lewis & Kimi had happened just after the start of the race. Now with the possible prospect of rain & gusty winds coming in for this weekend; how interesting does that make this year's race? Driving through Turn 2 is really making life really tough for the drivers out there to date. I think that will have an effect on both the qualifying & the race for all of the drivers this weekend who don't keep their wits about them.

Eddie Jordan has just joined the commentary box with Ben Edwards & Tony Dudgen on C4.
dublinman1990 is offline  
Thanks from:
12-07-2019, 15:45   #22
AMKC
Registered User
 
AMKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by dublinman1990 View Post
How long ago did Silverstone had rain during the Grand Prix race? It must have been a long time ago since we had rain on it because Seb won the last year when the incident between Lewis & Kimi had happened just after the start of the race. Now with the possible prospect of rain & gusty winds coming in for this weekend; how interesting does that make this year's race? Driving through Turn 2 is really making life really tough for the drivers out there to date. I think that will have an effect on both the qualifying & the race for all of the drivers this weekend who don't keep their wits about them.

Eddie Jordan has just joined the commentary box with Ben Edwards & Tony Dudgen on C4.
I don't think its that long but I remember a very mixed weekend where the Williams were doing quite good they got 3rd and 4th I think behind the Mercs and then got ahead of them until the rain came and they made a bad strategy decision. Really should have won it that weekend was it 2015 or there about's.
AMKC is offline  
Thanks from:
12-07-2019, 17:20   #23
skipper_G
Registered User
 
skipper_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,593
I just saw Grosjean's spin exiting the pitlane. Just another reason not to keep him really, decent pace from time to time but infuriatingly inconsistent and makes too many mistakes.

skipper_G is offline  
Thanks from:
12-07-2019, 19:00   #24
Adamocovic
Registered User
 
Adamocovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper_G View Post
I just saw Grosjean's spin exiting the pitlane. Just another reason not to keep him really, decent pace from time to time but infuriatingly inconsistent and makes too many mistakes.

Mistake by driver or car fault?
Adamocovic is offline  
Advertisement
12-07-2019, 19:15   #25
skipper_G
Registered User
 
skipper_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamocovic View Post
Mistake by driver or car fault?
Mistake by driver
skipper_G is offline  
12-07-2019, 19:36   #26
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkie1203 View Post
Lewis complaining about Wimbledon and Cricket World cup final all on same day.

So Lewis, go home.
Christ.... the Hamilton toxicity strikes once more.

It's perfectly reasonable to question the scheduling of three major sporting events on the same day.

Last edited by Nic_Col; 12-07-2019 at 19:46.
Nic_Col is offline  
(2) thanks from:
12-07-2019, 21:16   #27
pjohnson
Registered User
 
pjohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 10,413
Could also be car related. It'd feel very different for Grosjean as they have stripped it completely right all the way back to its Australia settings as they try to figure out what is wrong with their car this year.
pjohnson is offline  
12-07-2019, 21:51   #28
skipper_G
Registered User
 
skipper_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohnson View Post
Could also be car related. It'd feel very different for Grosjean as they have stripped it completely right all the way back to its Australia settings as they try to figure out what is wrong with their car this year.
He openly admitted it was driver error. He just ran out of talent on cold tyres
skipper_G is offline  
12-07-2019, 21:57   #29
pjohnson
Registered User
 
pjohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 10,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper_G View Post
He openly admitted it was driver error. He just ran out of talent on cold tyres
Obviously most blame would be his but just mentioning the car issues himeslf and Haas are suffering.
pjohnson is offline  
13-07-2019, 00:08   #30
flazio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,422
One criticism I have for Silverstone is the position of the podium, hidden away in the corner.
There's loads of grass space between the track and the garages, they should build a Monza style elevated podium closer to the track.
flazio is online now  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet