Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Formula 1 2019 - Round 7 - Canada

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Seb is going home

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Vettel nailed it just now in his message - punished for not driving into the wall.

What a great message that sends out about drivers welfare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Is he seriously not gonna take his spot on the podium? Regardless of you’re opinion of the penalty that’s a bit classless... going up to the race director no doubt to moan.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Go Seb, tell them shove their podium procedure up their hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,365 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Get a proper hair cut for Christ sake Lewis. You look 2000 era Axl Rose.

• Advertisement

Is anyone else reading the BBC Coverage:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/formula1/48312356

Seriously what race are they watching, is it because he's German?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,709 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Vettel’s always been a spoilt petulant sore loser..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

devnull wrote: »
    Is anyone else reading the BBC Coverage:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/formula1/48312356

Seriously what race are they watching, is it because he's German?

I wish I hadn't seen any of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,256 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Will they delay the podium until Seb turns up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Definite penalty. Another mistake by Vettel, not good enough. Great win by Lewis, probably one of his best.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

Is he seriously not gonna take his spot on the podium? Regardless of you’re opinion of the penalty that’s a bit classless... going up to the race director no doubt to moan.

100% he'd regret it too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Who got fastest lap ?

Doesn’t look like it. Vettel isn’t an idiot so I’m sure he knows the rules. It might not look great but I doubt he’d do something that would get himself punished further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Look I’m no Vettel fan but I don’t think he deserved a penalty but he also shouldn’t act like a child either

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Definite penalty. Another mistake by Vettel, not good enough. Great win by Lewis, probably one of his best.

But where is he supposed to go??? It's a narrow track, one small area he was out on, was fighting the car still when he got back on track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Who got fastest lap ?

Bottas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Apart from the penalty, it lost him the race.

Impossible to put on a 5 seconds gap on Hamilton in like 10 laps. Lewis was marginally faster, even. The only way would've been if he spun or crashed.

Who got fastest lap ?

LeClerc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Pissartist wrote: »
    100% he'd regret it too

No he won’t he’s an arrogant person to say the least.

How is it one of his best ?

• Advertisement

Who got fastest lap ?

Bottas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Absolute right move by Vettel in boycotting the podium. And contrary to the silly comment above, he was well measured and respectful on his final radio message. Kudos to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,709 ✭✭✭This is it

Who got fastest lap ?

Botas I think.

Hamilton saying Vettel shoud not rejoin on the racing line, he had no control of where he joined, you could see him locking the wheel to avoid the wall.

Vettel getting a great reaction from the crowd.

But where is he supposed to go??? It's a narrow track, one small area he was out on, was fighting the car still when he got back on track.

The wall, drivers who don't risk injury and instead punished for doing so it seems now, can't believe I'm saying that as it's not a very positive safety culture for a dangerous sport to have if drivers feel that if they try and avoid a crash they might be punished for it.

Do you reckon it would be the same if Charlie Whiting was still alive, he was always pro-racing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,709 ✭✭✭✭walshb

He’s a disgrace...and should be punished for this petulance.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I haven’t seen this live, just a very fuzzy clip on Twitter.

But from what I can see Vettel drove back onto the track and had loads to play with, but he immediately tried to shut the door on Hamilton which nearly sent him into the wall.

I’ll reserve full judgement until I’ve seen a clearer picture but that doesn’t seem too harsh to me. If anyone has a clear clip of it can you post it up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭d8491prj5boyvg

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Impossible to put on a 5 seconds gap on Hamilton in like 10 laps. Lewis was marginally faster, even. The only way would've been if he spun or crashed.

A big ask, most definitely. But he lost a 3 second gap (at one stage after the penalty) that went right down to less than half a second. There may have been quicker engine modes, etc. that could have helped. At the very least go for it. But instead he sulked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

How tone deaf are Mercedes and Hamilton celebrating that "win"? God, the whole lot of them are as insufferable as this season.

• Advertisement

Vettel moved the no1 from Hamilton’s car.

That was pretty funny to be fair

Haha Seb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,709 ✭✭✭This is it

Brilliant :D

walshb wrote: »
    He’s a disgrace...and should be punished for this petulance.
    Stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Brilliant by Seb.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement

Childish behaviour from the baby

Awkward...

Podium interviews should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

The onboard shot from Vettel shows how much oversteer he was fighting. He was not in control of the car, driving on grass will do that.

Love that they haven’t moved the signs back

• Advertisement

If it was the opposite way the abuse Lewis would get would be brutal

Podium interviews should be interesting.

Not done on the podium anymore. Martin did them in Parc Ferme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

walshb wrote: »
    Vettel’s always been a spoilt petulant sore loser..

No he won’t he’s an arrogant person to say the least.

Oh FFS, we always complain drivers have "no character", and when one shows some, he's a "petulant loser", just because it's the "wrong one" showing he's not a "yes man".

Also, Lewins and Mercedes going to cry to the stewards for a penalty are no problem...
    skipper_G wrote: »
    Go Seb, tell them shove their podium procedure up their hole
    HighLine wrote: »
    Absolute right move by Vettel in boycotting the podium. And contrary to the silly comment above, he was well measured and respectful on his final radio message. Kudos to him.

Precisely. The whole system of non-appealable penalties while teams are allowed to protest / point out "things" and apply pressure it the highest magnitude of idiocy.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭numbnutz

We have just witnessed the vanillafication of formula one.Seb had nowhere to go...funny though moving the 1st place to his spot...

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

A better choice would have been to tell Seb to let Lewis pass and give him the place, and then let them race until the end.

Autosport wrote: »
    If it was the opposite way the abuse Lewis would get would be brutal
    No I wouldn’t.

Why not penalise after the race if they felt it necessary?

Regardless of your opinion on the penalty there's enough there to warrant an appeal about it.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    No I wouldn’t.

Maybe not you but others yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Rule is unsafe return to track, doesn't matter if Vettel meant it or not. Nothing in the rule about it having to be deliberate. Penalty seemed fair enough imo

Neither driver involved is my cup of tea, poor, petulant losers and winners, and I'd have liked if they both failed to finish.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

antodeco wrote: »
    A better choice would have been to tell Seb to let Lewis pass and give him the place, and then let them race until the end.

Actually not a bad shout would have kept the bite in the race.

• Advertisement
Advertisement