Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shoulder to Shoulder - BT Sport Documentary

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,722 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

troyzer wrote: »
    On a somewhat related topic, what are the chances of us having an all Ireland soccer team at some point?

It seems mad that we split the talent pool, we might not be complete **** if we buddied up.

Much harder to setup that kind of thing once the split is already in place. In saying that though, in the last couple decades even clubs like Linfield who would've been seen as a staunch Protestant club have fielded Catholic players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

The logical first step would be to have an all island league. The "professional" league in the North is even more of a basket case than the LOI. Seems like the low hanging fruit as part of a comprehensive reform of the Irish football system, north and south.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,722 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

troyzer wrote: »
    The logical first step would be to have an all island league. The "professional" league in the North is even more of a basket case than the LOI. Seems like the low hanging fruit as part of a comprehensive reform of the Irish football system, north and south.

It's something that's been suggested, or rather said has to happen for the past decade or so.

The other thing is what happens with the IFA after "the B word" happens, in regards to their funding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I thought some of the editorial decisions were sloppy, and there's no excuse for that - you'd expect to bring in an experienced producer and or/ exec producer.

2 words...Craig Doyle.

The man who would eat himself if he was made of chocolate. He really gets on my wick. He's on my hate list alongside Ed Sheeran and Jack Black.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

mfceiling wrote: »
    I thought some of the editorial decisions were sloppy, and there's no excuse for that - you'd expect to bring in an experienced producer and or/ exec producer.

2 words...Craig Doyle.

The man who would eat himself if he was made of chocolate. He really gets on my wick. He's on my hate list alongside Ed Sheeran and Jack Black.

And by a man's hate list shall ye know him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Remember that Saturday night show he did?

Just awful.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

This was mentioned at the end of the Eggchasers podcast today. One of them watched it, thought it was great and recommended it. It was JB or Phil, I can't remember. It wasn't Tim Cocker who actually works for BT.

Anyway, that seems to have been the largest target audience they were going for. English people who knew practically nothing about the topic. And it seems to have worked. BT is publicising it well too. The Twitter name of @btsportrugby has been 'Watch #ShoulderToShoulder on BT Sport' for the last week.

It wasn't a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination but it seems to have done a job of piquing interest in a topic that isn't really well known or even talked about.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Scythica

Anyone know where this could be watched for someone who is/... struggling with their BT sports channels working?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

When Brexit happens, I am going to treat that like a legally binding offer of employment and relocate. Do you have a spare room?

Join the queue. It's about 25,000,000 long at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,922 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anywhere to watch for non BT Sport customers ???

Surly FTA will get it someday as it's getting great write ups ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Really enjoyed it. I hope BT continue with these documentaries. The 30 for 30s produced by ESPN are huge in the US.

Managed to get a hold of this. Its very good.

BOD is a bit **** though. That wry grin. Why? After watching some Louis Theroux recently, he'd be perfect for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Shoulder To Shoulder with Brian O'Driscoll gets an airing on RTE1 on Wednesday July 10th at 9.30pm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

BOD cant do sad because he always looks like he is smiling!
    He is a true gent though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I didn't see it last night but I saw it when it was first out, the 1 thing that annoyed me about the thing was the big deal that was made out of BoD banding the drum, it was a manufactured situation that took up way too much of a documentry that could have been so much more.

Advertisement