Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-12-2009, 09:48   #16
humanji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprachaun View Post
It gives you the class of ship,not the actual enterprise.
Ah, right. It's kind of obvious when you think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiith View Post
I'm still not sure about this game. Have been following it since day 1, but most of the trailers just dont do it for me. And as a massive trek fan, this is really dissapointing. I hope i'm wrong, but it just looks too, i dunno, arcady for my liking.
I'm in the Beta and without going into NDA territory, the ship combat part is great fun, and the away team sections need work. But they're modifying it constantly, so it could work out pretty well.

If nothing else, it'll be something new on the market.
Advertisement
11-12-2009, 09:52   #17
Dre as in Dray

I am Beta testing this too. Its a good game so far.
12-12-2009, 12:51   #18
Niska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiith View Post
Which Enterprise is it? Ill be pretty pissed if the only way you can fly either the Galaxy or the Sovereign is if you get the game through Gamestop.
Original Constitution-class (TV series, not the movie refit). The Galaxy and Soverign are both in the game as Cruisers (in traditional MMO terms, I guess that makes 'em tanks)

http://www.startrekonline.com/ships
12-12-2009, 17:38   #19
Funky

really liking the look of this, space combat looks pretty sweet.
06-01-2010, 18:25   #20
Ravage1616

So to the guys that were in beta, is it worth getting? Been keeping an eye on this and am getting tempted!
Advertisement
07-01-2010, 19:11   #21
Dr. Baltar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravage1616 View Post
So to the guys that were in beta, is it worth getting? Been keeping an eye on this and am getting tempted!
This.

Also, how much is this game supposed to be when it comes out, and assuming it's pay per month, what's that supposed to be?
I'm considering getting back into WoW over the Summer, but if ST:O is out by then and isn't too expensive I might get into that instead.

Big Trek Fan here btw!
07-01-2010, 22:13   #22
humanji

I haven't had a chance to play a lot of it, but I enjoyed what I did. It's different to other MMO's out there, so if nothing else it'll be a breath of fresh air.

I'd say don't dive in straight away. Waith until it's out a little while so that you cna guage peoples reactions to it.

And I'd say it;ll be the usual €15.00 a month type thing.
Thanks from:
08-01-2010, 13:27   #23
Ravage1616

More I read about it, the more I want to play! Think i might get it on release, ship combat looks interesting!
08-01-2010, 14:10   #24
Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanji View Post
I haven't had a chance to play a lot of it, but I enjoyed what I did. It's different to other MMO's out there, so if nothing else it'll be a breath of fresh air.

I'd say don't dive in straight away. Waith until it's out a little while so that you cna guage peoples reactions to it.

And I'd say it;ll be the usual €15.00 a month type thing.
How much of a level grind is it?
Advertisement
09-01-2010, 18:44   #25
Ravage1616

Decided to take a chance and bought the special edition which gives access to the beta and early start! Looking forward to it now!
09-01-2010, 23:00   #26
Branoic

Yeah, been following this closley and got my pre-order beta key emailed from amazon today. Can't wait, looks awesome.
10-01-2010, 11:31   #27
Ravage1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branoic View Post
Yeah, been following this closley and got my pre-order beta key emailed from amazon today. Can't wait, looks awesome.
I have the client downloaded and ready to go! Looking forward to it now! Do you get the borg bridge officer with that?
10-01-2010, 15:55   #28
humanji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
How much of a level grind is it?
I didn't find it much of a grind at all. Actually, come to think of it, I don't think there's really any grinding at all. You're given missions and you complete them. From what I played there isn't anything else to do so far. That's not to say it's lacking in content, more that I've been concentrating on the missions and haven't been worried about levelling.
11-01-2010, 07:45   #29
Niska

Well closed Beta is finished now. Open Beta starts tomorrow (12th), 10:00am (PST), so 18:00 here. Of course the servers will melt and you won't be able to download the client due to traffic etc...

On the plus side, the end of closed Beta means the end of non-disclosure, so lots of STO info in the week ahead.

Apart from pre-ordering the game, I'm do not know of anyway to currently get an open Beta key. I'd expect pre-order to be the only way in the short term, and that closer to the end of the month, as release gets closer and closer, more and more websites will be giving them away.
11-01-2010, 09:58   #30
humanji

There's a few sites that are offering access. Fileplanet sent me a link, but I'm not sure if you've to be a subscriber or anything. I'd say that if you look around you'll find a few here and there.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion