Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super XV Rugby 2019

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

"hahashake wrote: »
    Other rumour is Jordie Barrett to the Crusaders

Crusaders could sure do with some more outside backs. Real area of weakness there.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭hahashake

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Crusaders could sure do with some more outside backs. Real area of weakness there.

He's played at 12 and 13 for Canterbury in the past and Crotty is retiring in Japan so maybe he is targeting the midfield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

hahashake wrote: »
    Supposedly Beauden Barrett to the Blues for 4 years, albeit with a season in Japan in 2021. Other rumour is Jordie Barrett to the Crusaders.

Good news for Blues fans as they haven't had a world class 10 since Carlos Spencer.

Confirmed now. Break after World Cup and can take another to play in Japan as well. Huge signing for the blues. Any reason he actually left the hurricanes? Haven’t been too informed of super rugby activities in the last year.

Confirmed now. Break after World Cup and can take another to play in Japan as well. Huge signing for the blues. Any reason he actually left the hurricanes? Haven’t been too informed of super rugby activities in the last year.
    To be honest, I've no clue. Presumably the Canes would have offered a similar deal and if it was all about money, he would go overseas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,721 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

hahashake wrote: »
    To be honest, I've no clue. Presumably the Canes would have offered a similar deal and if it was all about money, he would go overseas.

NZR probably had a hand to play in it, central contract and the option for him to go off and play in Japan until 2021 would've been the sweetener to get him to commit to the ABs for another few years and then go to the blues. I'm not sure they would've stumped up the money to keep him with the Canes.

Guess the question now is Garden-Bachop able to step up and stay fit.

I'd say Richie Mo'unga must be licking his lips at the thought of a year or two having a straight run at the starting AB jersey with a new coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I believe Beauden's wife is from Auckland. Its a great signing for the Blues but by the time he is actually available to play a full season he will probably be overweight and broken.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I believe Beauden's wife is from Auckland. Its a great signing for the Blues but by the time he is actually available to play a full season he will probably be overweight and broken.

Ha! He's only just 28 so will probably be in good nick - injuries permitting.

There are rumours that some players clashed with Plumtree's coaching style which may have been part of the reason for the move.

If Joe Schmidt gets back to coaching in NZ then I'd say him returning to the Blues would be the most likely first move. Which could be a perfect foil to the laissez faire style they have been known for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

Beaudy left because of Hannah Laity his now wife . As a poster on another forum said

“She yoko ono’d the hurricanes”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Aka the Robbie Henshaw reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

It might be also the NZ union wanting to revive the Blues. No better way than getting a player of his calibre in. It will draw the crowds back and increase revenue.

Apparently the Blues have put a big deal on the table for Jordie as well. Way over what the Canes could offer as their max.

Apparently the Blues have put a big deal on the table for Jordie as well. Way over what the Canes could offer as their max.

I think he has been linked to every team now except the Chiefs. Being a post RWC year, most teams could use him too but the Highlanders really need someone of his quality and versatility with the number of players they are losing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Jordie signs 3 year deal with New Zealand Rugby but his contract contains a clause that he can move Super Rugby sides after next year: https://www.the42.ie/jordie-barrett-hurricanes-4745450-Jul2019/

🤪

Dragging up the old thread on behalf of Syd :D

In terms of the 9 million a year fee for the Sunwolves, I dunno I think it's not a mental figure to be included in a competition like Super Rugby for a nation like Japan, where you can essentially build up the revenue to bring your top players home and have them in the one squad, playing against decent quality opposition week in week out.

I can understand both sides of the argument, it's a big figure on paper, but considering the logistical aspect that having teams travel to Japan, as well as the fact they currently won't draw much in terms of TV revenue due to the domestic interest at the moment, I can sort of understand where SANZAAR are coming from. Take the Pro 14 for example, the only reason the Saffers were allowed in was the TV revenue effectively doubling from 12 million to between 20-30, and each team getting an extra 500k a piece.

Advertisement