Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-12-2015, 17:06   #1
Withrax

Funky Robot

Hi all,
I have recently finished making my first game in Unity and it is now on the App Store. Its called 'Funky Robot' and it is a free game for iOS devices.
Here is a link to the preview page: https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/funk...ign-mpt=uo%3D2

Any feedback on the game would be welcome! Thanks.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-02-2016, 12:45   #2
sillanjw

Looks amazing, great job! Congrats!
Thanks from:
17-02-2016, 17:29   #3
Withrax

Thanks very much for the feedback!
02-06-2016, 18:32   #4
Withrax

Hey folks just wanted to say I've updated the game quite a bit. There are new areas and the game should run better now. If you can leave a rating in the app store it would be much appreciated Thanks
03-06-2016, 09:56   #5
RedXIV

Send a message via MSN to RedXIV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Withrax View Post
Hey folks just wanted to say I've updated the game quite a bit. There are new areas and the game should run better now. If you can leave a rating in the app store it would be much appreciated Thanks
Don't suppose it will ever get to Android?
Advertisement
03-06-2016, 14:30   #6
Withrax

I have a build for Android near enough ready. Just gotta set up an account with google. Not sure if its worth it tho as I have gotten barely any downloads on the ios version. Probably will bring it over to android soon enough
03-06-2016, 15:25   #7
RedXIV

Quote:
I have a build for Android near enough ready. Just gotta set up an account with google. Not sure if its worth it tho as I have gotten barely any downloads on the ios version. Probably will bring it over to android soon enough
I can guarantee at least 1 download on Android!
03-06-2016, 15:40   #8
Withrax

Sweet!! Probably would be the only download on android
29-06-2016, 10:31   #9
Doodleking

+1 on Android
Advertisement
27-03-2017, 19:27   #10
Withrax

Hey guys, I have just released my game on android if you want to check it out. Here is a link to it on google play https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nkyRobot&hl=en
Thanks
Thanks from:
27-03-2017, 19:29   #11
RedXIV

Quote:
Hey guys, I have just released my game on android if you want to check it out. Here is a link to it on google play https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nkyRobot&hl=en
Thanks
Just walking home but will give it a bash tonight!
Thanks from:
27-03-2017, 22:06   #12
RedXIV

Quote:
Thanks
Had a few goes of it there

First off, I'd add a description or objective text somewhere in the app. I realise now you had it on the store page but I wasn't aware the idea was to go up as much as possible and the first few times I just went around in circles.

The core mechanics are very tight and well done, the hover gives just enough to keep you in the game, and you can see quickly which direction you should be going in when you get stuck. Maybe a legend of what certain items are would be good too? Checkpoints were avoided the first times I played as I thought they would kill me

Art assets are pretty well done, and your UI is actually pretty good. Mind you I've a large phone so not sure how cluttered it might look on a smaller screen.

Bought the unlimited continues as I believe any game dev work should be encouraged.

Nice one!

Red
27-03-2017, 22:41   #13
Withrax

Thanks for checking it out . Sound man for buying the unlimited continues!! I think i'll have to put in a little tutorial at the start. The idea is to collect as many spare parts and deliver them to the rocket. each spare part gets 10 points and you get a bonus for each checkpoint and rocket launched. Glad you liked the look of the game. How did the game run? was the frame rate stable enough? Anyway thanks again and hopefully i'll have the tutorial in the next update
27-03-2017, 22:52   #14
RedXIV

Game ran perfectly, mind you I've a Samsung Note 4, so I'd expect it to run pretty well on a high end phone.

My daughter (6) loves it too!
28-03-2017, 13:17   #15
Withrax

Ha ha thats awesome. I was thinking kids might like the game!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion