Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funky Robot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sillanjw

Looks amazing, great job! Congrats! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Withrax

Thanks very much for the feedback!:)

Hey folks just wanted to say I've updated the game quite a bit. There are new areas and the game should run better now. If you can leave a rating in the app store it would be much appreciated Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Withrax wrote: »
    Hey folks just wanted to say I've updated the game quite a bit. There are new areas and the game should run better now. If you can leave a rating in the app store it would be much appreciated Thanks

Don't suppose it will ever get to Android? :o

I have a build for Android near enough ready. Just gotta set up an account with google. Not sure if its worth it tho as I have gotten barely any downloads on the ios version.:( Probably will bring it over to android soon enough

• Advertisement

I have a build for Android near enough ready. Just gotta set up an account with google. Not sure if its worth it tho as I have gotten barely any downloads on the ios version.:( Probably will bring it over to android soon enough

I can guarantee at least 1 download on Android! :D

Sweet!! Probably would be the only download on android:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

+1 on Android ;):)

Hey guys, I have just released my game on android if you want to check it out. Here is a link to it on google play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SlippinJimmy.FunkyRobot&hl=en
    Thanks

Hey guys, I have just released my game on android if you want to check it out. Here is a link to it on google play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SlippinJimmy.FunkyRobot&hl=en
    Thanks

Just walking home but will give it a bash tonight!

• Advertisement

Thanks

Had a few goes of it there :)

First off, I'd add a description or objective text somewhere in the app. I realise now you had it on the store page but I wasn't aware the idea was to go up as much as possible and the first few times I just went around in circles.

The core mechanics are very tight and well done, the hover gives just enough to keep you in the game, and you can see quickly which direction you should be going in when you get stuck. Maybe a legend of what certain items are would be good too? Checkpoints were avoided the first times I played as I thought they would kill me :)

Art assets are pretty well done, and your UI is actually pretty good. Mind you I've a large phone so not sure how cluttered it might look on a smaller screen.

Bought the unlimited continues as I believe any game dev work should be encouraged. :)

Nice one!

Red

Thanks for checking it out :). Sound man for buying the unlimited continues!! I think i'll have to put in a little tutorial at the start. The idea is to collect as many spare parts and deliver them to the rocket. each spare part gets 10 points and you get a bonus for each checkpoint and rocket launched. Glad you liked the look of the game. How did the game run? was the frame rate stable enough? Anyway thanks again and hopefully i'll have the tutorial in the next update

Game ran perfectly, mind you I've a Samsung Note 4, so I'd expect it to run pretty well on a high end phone.

My daughter (6) loves it too!

Ha ha thats awesome. I was thinking kids might like the game!

Advertisement