Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Four Nations.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

What's with the ref saying Okay every second?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

His "mooooooooooooooooooooooove" is more annoying.

WakeyTyke wrote: »
    His "mooooooooooooooooooooooove" is more annoying.

This is true, horrible ref.

Speaking of refs have there been any Aussie refs used this year?

Ha Toom wont get to enjoy this victory straight away has to go clean up the muck in the old Union forum :p

there's your fight Amacachi :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Why weren't the two of them decked straightaway there?

amacachi wrote: »
    Why weren't the two of them decked straightaway there?

Haha don't worry mate the real fights on soon enough ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Stev_o wrote: »

Ha Toom wont get to enjoy this victory straight away has to go clean up the muck in the old Union forum :p

sigh......:(

Fantastic win for England. Complete vindication for Smith, and that team definitely has the potential to take the Roos all the way next week. cannot wait for Elland road......

Have to say that England tonight produced a performance that at the start of the Four nation I didn't think they were capable of:D

The pack were awesome - world class.

The two young half-backs Eastmond and Tompkins were tremendous. If we had better centres then I would say we would be a match for the Aussies next week but nevertheless it will be a very exciting final next week.

Ill be fuming if Jennings doesn't get selected ahead of Hodges next week.

Mean Inglis AND Jennings is probably the single most terrifying centre combination ever devised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Toomevara, without being biased and just wanting another person turning up to the game, help me justify spending over 100 quid to go to it when I'm meant to be saving up for college fees. :D:P

From the bits I saw they could very well give Australia a run next week if they cut a few silly errors. The roos will need to step it up a lot from today.

amacachi wrote: »
    Toomevara, without being biased and just wanting another person turning up to the game, help me justify spending over 100 quid to go to it when I'm meant to be saving up for college fees. :D:P

From the bits I saw they could very well give Australia a run next week if they cut a few silly errors. The roos will need to step it up a lot from today.

A packed Elland Road will have a wonderful atmosphere and if England play as well as they did against NZ and in the second-half against the Aussies the place will rock.

This is RL at very highest level. If you have the opportunity go, go, go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I was working so only just watched the game now, brilliant game. I love watching the Kiwis but they weren't at their best today. England outplayed them for 75% (not a scientific percentage!!) of the game, brilliant defence, comfortably holding them off for one goal line drop out after another, good atmosphere, first time England have beaten New Zealand for a while so they should be full of confidence next week.

Don't think Alibert is a great ref, but he is not biased just poor, part of his problem is touch judges in RL are mute and almost totally superfluous, they offer no support at all to the ref. He needs to ref more domestically before he is let away in internationals. Fair play to the Kiwis to agreeing to him, the Aussies never agree to anyone other than English or Australian.

I think it will be a great game next week but don't think the Aussies will be as bad under the high ball as the Kiwis were at times today though. Presume it will be an Aussie ref for this game as it was an English game for the first Eng v Aus game. Heart says England, head says narrow win for the Aussies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

A packed Elland Road will have a wonderful atmosphere and if England play as well as they did against NZ and in the second-half against the Aussies the place will rock.

QFT, can't really put it any better than that....!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

A bit of a row brewing about the ref choice...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_league/8351127.stm

The Aussies went for Ganson last time so can't complain if he's there again. If it's a southern hemisphere ref I think England will lose as they aren't used to their liberal application of the holding down in the tackle rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

sounds like a job for Tony Archer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭OldJay

Second highest level. Origin is the top of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Justind wrote: »
    Second highest level. Origin is the top of it all.
    It is a true thing that you say. Nothing tops Origin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

State of Origin? Is that like the All Star game in American sport? Glorified Friendly!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdeT

dooferoaks wrote: »
    State of Origin? Is that like the All Star game in American sport? Glorified Friendly!! :P

Well if you were to ask any journalist when it was getting going; it'll never take off

Here's as many highlights of each game so far that i could find.

Australia vs New Zealand

England vs France

England vs Australia

Australia vs France

New Zealand vs England

Advertisement