Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

This might be odd question, the Drone just arrived for my brother. He is dong a lot of checking into before he flies.

He mentioned a video and see a guy putting on "protectors" onto the wings of his Drone, similar model to the this one. He is wondering do they come with it? or is it extra
    ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Shefwedfan wrote:
    He mentioned a video and see a guy putting on "protectors" onto the wings of his Drone, similar model to the this one. He is wondering do they come with it? or is it extra ?

It's a strange one, Xiaomi ship the drone with either a WiFi dongle or blade protectors. You can buy both separately too.

Blade protectors do get in the way of shots though, so I really don't recommend them.

The thing to remember is, do not use where there's a chance of crashing. Take it to a field, beach or park where there's nobody around and you won't have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Morris Moss

I've had an unusual update to my tracking...

244xmrr.jpg

Just wondering did you get the drone, getting fairly annoyed at this stage, got the same message and no sign.

Just wondering did you get the drone, getting fairly annoyed at this stage, got the same message and no sign.

Definitely escalate with PayPal if you're not getting anywhere with gearbest.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 coneill13

Mine arrived today. I ordered it on 31st December. Did not show up at all on order tracking on gearbest site and only showed up yesterday on AnPost Tracker as in Porlaoise Mail Centre (I live in Dublin). No custom duty or VAT to pay. Happy days.:)

• Advertisement

tedpan wrote: »
    Definitely escalate with PayPal if you're not getting anywhere with gearbest.

Yeah gearbest said the deadline is the 13 of Feb so if it hasn't arrived by then I'll have to.

Actually if I put the tracker code into an post, would it show up if it was in the country?

Actually if I put the tracker code into an post, would it show up if it was in the country?

Worked for me

And it's arrived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Just wondering, and hopefully last question. My brother has iphone and trying to connect. Says he need micro usb, which I know is android only.

Anyone have it working with iphone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Just wondering, and hopefully last question. My brother has iphone and trying to connect. Says he need micro usb, which I know is android only.

Solution.

Ecomac Micro USB to 8 Pin Lightning Adapter Converter for iPhone 5 6 6s plus iPad iPod, Compatible with Apple iOS all versions https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N4KGI5N/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_BYAFAb9YFWE3M

Shefwedfan wrote:

Shefwedfan wrote:

You should be able to use the standard iPhone cable in the usb port on the controller, so need for adapters.

I have heard that the drone app works far better on android though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

It arrived this morning out of the blue! Just about to take it out for a test flight.
    The tracking only updated on the an post website this morning as it was out for delivery.

Question:I'm having difficulty getting my phone to connect to the controller with the cable. It's a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. I can't select USB tethering when the app prompts me to. Anyone resolved this?

Going to use the wifi dongle for now but would rather get the USB cable working.

Question:I'm having difficulty getting my phone to connect to the controller with the cable. It's a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. I can't select USB tethering when the app prompts me to. Anyone resolved this?

Yep, before opening the app. Go into settings when the phone and controller are connected and enable usb tethering. Then go into the app and ignore the next tethering message. That's what I have to do..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Yep, before opening the app. Go into settings when the phone and controller are connected and enable usb tethering. Then go into the app and ignore the next tethering message. That's what I have to do..

Thanks for the advice, but it's just not letting me enable USB tethering. Message is "No USB device connected" when I go the settings page. This is the same whether the app is running or not. I've also enabled USB debugging just in case and still no joy.

First flight was successful anyway, albeit cut short by my phone battery getting low. What a machine though, very impressed with it. Was a bit nervous when I had it any distance from me but I'm sure with use that goes away!

Thanks for the advice, but it's just not letting me enable USB tethering. Message is "No USB device connected" when I go the settings page. This is the same whether the app is running or not. I've also enabled USB debugging just in case and still no joy.

Strange one.. USB debugging shouldn't make a difference, maybe try a different USB cable?

First flight was successful anyway, albeit cut short by my phone battery getting low. What a machine though, very impressed with it. Was a bit nervous when I had it any distance from me but I'm sure with use that goes away!

Glad you're impressed, it's a magnificent beast alright. There's always some nervousness, but after a few flights you'll realise how reliable it is.

As I said before, avoid trees, walls, houses etc! Wide open spaces only :D

Best of luck!

Forgot to say, it's definitely advisable to get the cable working as the controller also charges the phone. Let us know how you get on anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

Went up 500m today in Cavan ( in a safe field )

Scary stuff

lordlame wrote:
    Went up 500m today in Cavan ( in a safe field )

lordlame wrote:
    Scary stuff

:D nice! Any footage?

:D nice! Any footage?

Uploading now - will post the link here when done

• Advertisement

Class mate! You're flying well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

lordlame wrote: »

Looks brilliant was that your first flight?

Also the below link has the price at $673, seems a lot more than the €396 some of you paid. Am I doing something wrong?

http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_363299.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Brilliant footage, really shows off the capabilities of that machine.

Has anyone ever did a range test?

pm. wrote: »
    Looks brilliant was that your first flight?

Also the below link has the price at $673, seems a lot more than the €396 some of you paid. Am I doing something wrong?

http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_363299.html

About my 10th now - I was taking it easy in new territories =)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Nice going. Mad how things look like a google images satellite view the further up you go.

How did you manage to get it to 500m when it's set to 120m?

Nice going. Mad how things look like a google images satellite view the further up you go.

You can adjust the settings in the app

However; it was extremely calm day yesterday and we were out in a field - I would not recommend going that height in a built up area or on a blustery day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

You can adjust the settings in the app

However; it was extremely calm day yesterday and we were out in a field - I would not recommend going that height in a built up area or on a blustery day.

Didn't know that. I assumed the firmware locked the height restriction.

pm. wrote:

Seems that it's not currently on offer at gearbest, wait a few days and it'll be back down to 380, or you could try tomtop/banggood. (Gearbest has the lowest customs hits, with one so far on this thread)

Didn't know that. I assumed the firmware locked the height restriction.

Once you click out of beginner mode, go into GPS settings. There you can change height and speed limits ;)

• Advertisement

Just be careful as 120m is the max allowable legal height in this country and I wouldn't recommend posting YouTube videos at that height.

Advertisement