Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home rowing machine - Weight limits?

Options
  • 13-06-2021 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Hi, my question is quite simple, how strict are weight limits on rowing machines?
    Is there -/+10kg or rather would I need to get one specific weight limit? I got myself in bad shape, 155kg and poor stamina, wanted to get myself a rowing machine to loose some fat but more importantly build up stamina again. Problem is the most rm in my budget bracket ~500€ have usually limit of 135kg.
    Would that be ok?
    Thanks for all replies
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I dont think a rowing machine would be a good use of your money at the moment and the good ones like Concept2 are over a grand. As a way to exercise its made more for <30min sessions , its not really like the running ones or cross trainers that you can set to a moderate pace and zone out for an hour so the amount of calories you could burn would be limited
    given that its summer the best thing you could do is reset your diet and start walking with a progression built in time or distance.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement