Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are we going for protein?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

tom1ie wrote: »
    good posts thanks, so is €26.99 for 2lb (0.97kg) gold standard whey any good?

Not really buy the bigger tub for €49.99 if you're going to be using it often.

I know its only €3.99 but it'll add upto a tub quick enough.

Personally I'd stick with a glanbia owned like on, bsn
    Or go with a polish brand popular among bodybuilders like olimp amd 7nutrition.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Thanks for the update.
    Who delivered it and did you have to pay any customs/vat etc.?

Was shipped with P2P in the UK, went to a FedEx distribution centre and was delivered in Ireland by Fastway.

No customs or VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Was shipped with P2P in the UK, went to a FedEx distribution centre and was delivered in Ireland by Fastway.

No customs or VAT.

Great, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 danceash

I always order off rosnutrition. Fast delivery every time and usually an offer on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

Got my myprotein order with no bother. I'll keep using them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I have an order on the way from My Protein. The tracking says it's with Fastway.
    Ordered on Jan 14th and dispatched from UK(I presume) the following day. Still not scanned in to Fastway's system
    Has anyone had to pay any customs or anything?

Order delivered to my door today via Fastway couriers.
    No extra charges; in case anyone was wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭TylerRyan28

What protein bars do you eat and where do you get them?
    Does anyone get egg whites and the powdered peanut butter from my protein?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

What protein bars do you eat and where do you get them?
    Does anyone get egg whites and the powdered peanut butter from my protein?

I have the bottles of egg whites from Bulk.

I have the bottles of egg whites from Bulk.

Do you find them better then buying in a butchers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

I know no-one will particularly be with me on this, but when it comes to eggs I really care about animal welfare and I will only buy eggs if I know that the chickens they come from are in a high welfare setting - some decent space to move around, food and water readily available, not in a situation where they are constantly attacking each other because of proximity etc.

In Ireland we actually have access to some really high welfare animal products in general - our beef, pork etc.

You do pay more, there's no question. I'm not going to say that my motivation is related to taste or better food quality (Although I believe that can be a factor), it's mainly a moral issue for me.

I passed a butcher's at lunchtime that was advertising a "protein package" that is undoubtedly amazing value. 20 eggs, chicken breasts, turkey mince, turkey sausages... A good amount of this for €20. I know there is another side to this where you shouldn't price people into any kind of 'food poverty', but these types of deals make me question what kind of condition the chickens involved live / lived in.

The weird thing is I don't even particularly like animals. I don't have any pets, and I'm moderately fond of dogs, but generally speaking I have zero interest. It's just that I don't like the idea of really gross conditions being inflicted. I think there are some standards that have to be met, even for animals that will become food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

I know no-one will particularly be with me on this, but when it comes to eggs I really care about animal welfare and I will only buy eggs if I know that the chickens they come from are in a high welfare setting - some decent space to move around, food and water readily available, not in a situation where they are constantly attacking each other because of proximity etc.

In Ireland we actually have access to some really high welfare animal products in general - our beef, pork etc.

You do pay more, there's no question. I'm not going to say that my motivation is related to taste or better food quality (Although I believe that can be a factor), it's mainly a moral issue for me.

I passed a butcher's at lunchtime that was advertising a "protein package" that is undoubtedly amazing value. 20 eggs, chicken breasts, turkey mince, turkey sausages... A good amount of this for €20. I know there is another side to this where you shouldn't price people into any kind of 'food poverty', but these types of deals make me question what kind of condition the chickens involved live / lived in.

The weird thing is I don't even particularly like animals. I don't have any pets, and I'm moderately fond of dogs, but generally speaking I have zero interest. It's just that I don't like the idea of really gross conditions being inflicted. I think there are some standards that have to be met, even for animals that will become food.

So this thread has officially gone completely off track......

There's a free range option.

But I don't think eggs can be labelled as 'free range' in Ireland anymore. Think its 'barn eggs'

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭audman13

Ordered from Holland and barrett Wednesday night. Arrived this morning!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Gumbo wrote: »
    I hope not. I ordered today too.

From their site ;

Ordered from MP on 19.01.2021.
    Delivered yesterday by Fastway.

No Duty/Customs etc
    Purchase price was €51.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

audman13 wrote: »
    Ordered from Holland and barrett Wednesday night. Arrived this morning!!

Did they use lube?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

I ordered from my protein the 6 on January and its still not here.
    It got sent back to them then they were over a week to send it back out again because some stuff I ordered was out of stock.
    When I asked why my original order wasn't resent with effecient custom fees or whatever needed they said my original package was returned to a different warehouse.

My brother ordered from bulk 23rd December still not here they are spewing the same old crap.

I will be buying my supplements from irish companies going forward that's for sure.

Anyone know any deal packd butchers have around north Dublin .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

It got sent back to them then they were over a week to send it back out again because some stuff I ordered was out of stock.
    When I asked why my original order wasn't resent with effecient custom fees or whatever needed they said my original package was returned to a different warehouse.

My brother ordered from bulk 23rd December still not here they are spewing the same old crap.

I will be buying my supplements from irish companies going forward that's for sure.

I'm in the same boat. I think those of us who ordered in late December/early January got caught up in the initial lack of planning clusterfcuk...those who ordered more recently seem to be having no problems (?)

Mine was originally with DPD...now with Hermes/An Post...but I couldn't tell you exactly where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 samvimes

Same here, bulk on Dec 23rd, no idea where it is

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭vafankillar

anyone know anywhere around dublin city selling protein crisps? checked a few obvious places & no luck

(online ain't great cos i'm not home much mon-fri during delivery times)

• Advertisement

Protein crisps?

Is that a thing now?

Protein crisps?

Is that a thing now?

if by thing you mean something that exists but seemingly not available in many places, yeah it's a thing :pac:

Protein crisps! This is taking the p1ss now. I have to sometimes convince myself that my couple of daily scoops of unflavoured whey is not overkill.

Cole wrote: »
    Protein crisps! This is taking the p1ss now. I have to sometimes convince myself that my couple of daily scoops of unflavoured whey is not overkill.

Inclined to agree. Most 'protein' anything aren't particularly nice and don't exactly have good quality protein. To each his own I guess

speaking of which, has any tried the avonmore protein milk drinks? the 33g protein gold chocolate one is delicious, and weirdly tastes nicer than the 27g one. which tastes more like a generic protein shake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Waiting for my order from MyProtein since the 4th of Jan. It's only a bag of protein like.

It should be here next week, I think next time I'll order well before I need it. I do like using MyProtein, and they are great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭Macy0161

myprotein sent around an update on shipping and delivery last night. Anyway, 45% off this morning and the trigger pulled on 5kg so I guess we'll see....

Macy0161 wrote: »
    myprotein sent around an update on shipping and delivery last night. Anyway, 45% off this morning and the trigger pulled on 5kg so I guess we'll see....

It was so touching that they wrote to me personally.

"Dear firstName"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Just on the "protein" products, The Fitness Chef has some good infographics on this BS. He only posted one in the last couple of days.

"Dear firstName"
    Never knew we were namesakes!:pac:

• Advertisement

"Dear firstName"

Same here...clearly a very popular name among their Irish customers. Maybe this attention to detail explains why I'm waiting a month for my order.

Advertisement