Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

When can we fly to Spain.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Fergal is correct as not fully vaccined.
    There had to be a compromise as people getting the AZ would be discriminated against as given there is 12 weeks between 1 and 2 + a 2 week wait after jab 2 it was not really an option to leave these people out.
    I assume this a pan Europe decision??

Please stop talking ****e about discrimination.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,989 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Caranica wrote: »
    It's been changed. We were sent the info in work as we would have a lot of international staff. It definitely was 28 days after dose 1, it's now 15 days after dose 2.

Is that info even correct? The government has revealed very few details about how the EU digital green cert will actually work for Irish citizens, only the date it will go live (July 19th). The media here has received or published no formal information on this, so I'm not sure how your workplace would be in the know. This sounds more like speculation than actual hard info.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Please stop talking ****e about discrimination.

I will say as i please.
    This is the reason that people who are not fully vaccined are being allowed travel. This decision was not made in Ireland and we had no say in it...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Strazdas wrote: »
    Is that info even correct? The government has revealed very few details about how the EU digital green cert will actually work for Irish citizens, only the date it will go live (July 19th). The media here has received or published no formal information on this, so I'm not sure how your workplace would be in the know. This sounds more like speculation than actual hard info.

I'm referring to the exemption list here https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/a6975-mandatory-hotel-quarantine/

It details how soon after vaccination you are considered to be fully vaccinated. You'll see it's an official government website, not speculation.

This decision as was made in Europe, were told all along we may not be able to travel this summer and then we were told maybe the end of August,
    The EU made the decision and each Country had the option to opt in, we had little choice but go with it.
    It now seems like a single pan-Europe and is being created elsewhere, i assume there will be a link like boarding pass when we want to travel.
    I am not as confident as others we will be ready but i heard Leo on the radio a couple of weeks ago talking about percentage of people who had got vaccined so we will know in July...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

This decision as was made in Europe, were told all along we may not be able to travel this summer and then we were told maybe the end of August,
    The EU made the decision and each Country had the option to opt in, we had little choice but go with it.
    It now seems like a single pan-Europe and is being created elsewhere, i assume there will be a link like boarding pass when we want to travel.
    I am not as confident as others we will be ready but i heard Leo on the radio a couple of weeks ago talking about percentage of people who had got vaccined so we will know in July...

"Leo" has a habit of telling lies. #leotheliar

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Osk

A query on the Digital Green Cert if anyone knows!

"The pass will allow anyone who has been fully vaccinated, can provide a negative Covid-19 test or has recovered from the virus to travel within the EU."

Do I read this as anyone who has been fully vaccinated OR can provide a negative Covid-19 test or has recovered from the virus to travel within the EU? Is proof of vaccination enough or will we still need negative tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Osk wrote: »

"The pass will allow anyone who has been fully vaccinated, can provide a negative Covid-19 test or has recovered from the virus to travel within the EU."

Do I read this as anyone who has been fully vaccinated OR can provide a negative Covid-19 test or has recovered from the virus to travel within the EU? Is proof of vaccination enough or will we still need negative tests?

The eu digital covid cert is up and running in some regions of Spain, incl where I live. AFAIK You can get it on the basis of ANY of the three reasons. I had the Janssen jab a week ago but not enough time has elapsed for me to be given the cert. I will try again next week.

The eu digital covid cert is up and running in some regions of Spain, incl where I live. AFAIK You can get it on the basis of ANY of the three reasons. I had the Janssen jab a week ago but not enough time has elapsed an me to be given the cert. I will try again next week.

Can i ask where do we contact to get the said cert...
    You are in Spain so you will likely know this...
    Spain have been using QR codes for the SpTH for about a year...
    Is the EU digital cert separate to this...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Hotel Quarentine just extended here til end of July. Countries changing their regulations daily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

Osk wrote: »

Someone on the fly me to the moon thread in the coronavirus forum has posted that,two vaccinated persons leaving ireland were able to travel on a ryanair flight without pcr or other tests and were allowed enter spain. Having previously entered their vaccination details in the spanish passenger locator form, which generated a qr code for them to scan entering spain. Its only heresay. But sounds promising
    It was yesterday if you want to read back over it

Edited to add it was a post by faceman

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Osk

freida wrote: »
    Someone on the fly me to the moon thread in the coronavirus forum has posted that,two vaccinated persons leaving ireland were able to travel on a ryanair flight without pcr or other tests and were allowed enter spain. Having previously entered their vaccination details in the spanish passenger locator form, which generated a qr code for them to scan entering spain. Its only heresay. But sounds promising

Sounds very promising - thanks for that! Tentative plans for later in the year so I'll keep an eye on all threads!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

freida wrote: »

Wonder what vaccine details they put in as it's just a batch number of the vaccine and date written on piece of paper if that were the case we could use a vaccinated person's info

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

casio4 wrote: »
    Wonder what vaccine details they put in as it's just a batch number of the vaccine and date written on piece of paper if that were the case we could use a vaccinated person's info

He just says the details. Id say its more likely to be the dates and namd of vaccination received. Not batch numbers. For instance you are considered vaccinated one week after your second dose of pzifer but two weeks after moderna. If you could look at the spanish locator form that might throw some light on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Can i ask where do we contact to get the said cert...
    You are in Spain so you will likely know this...
    Spain have been using QR codes for the SpTH for about a year...
    Is the EU digital cert separate to this...

As with the vaccine itself, the covid passport is being issued via the regional health boards, Valencia in my case. So I imagine you will get yours from the health body where you live.Don't know anything about SpTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,989 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

But we've also heard from the European Commission that member states will be able to tailor fit how the digital green cert is actually implemented for its own citizens i.e. they (Irish govt) will be the ones who decide who is deemed vaccinated and who isn't and cut off points etc.

To the best of my knowledge, the government has revealed very little info on just how the digital cert will work for Irish citizens.

As with the vaccine itself, the covid passport is being issued via the regional health boards, Valencia in my case. So I imagine you will get yours from the health body where you live.Don't know anything about SpTH.

Thanks for reply.
    The https://www.spth.gob.es/ are the people who look after the passenger Locater form we fill out and is scanned at the Airport on arrival.
    I assuming this new covid passport will replace this but the Government here are only saying July 19 which i believe is crazy.
    I live in Ireland...

To the best of my knowledge, the government has revealed very little info on just how the digital cert will work for Irish citizens.

Because we're 5 weeks out and work is ongoing. The cyber attack will have caused delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

We're considering booking a holiday in Mallorca at the end of July. We're late 30's so will probably only have had one vaccination at that point.

Do we know what the story is with MHQ once the travel ban is lifted? Would we be subject to that on our return?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

John_Mc wrote: »
    We're considering booking a holiday in Mallorca at the end of July. We're late 30's so will probably only have had one vaccination at that point.

Do we know what the story is with MHQ once the travel ban is lifted? Would we be subject to that on our return?

You will need a negative PCR test prior to arrival in Ireland.

There is no MHQ for European countries now. Nor will there be home quarantine/isolation after July 19th, provided you arrive in Ireland equipped with a negative PCR result

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Feria40 wrote: »
    You will need a negative PCR test prior to arrival in Ireland.

There is no MHQ for European countries now. Nor will there be home quarantine/isolation after July 19th, provided you arrive in Ireland equipped with a negative PCR result

Thanks very much

Because we're 5 weeks out and work is ongoing. The cyber attack will have caused delays.

I was pretty forcefully told here that the vaccine info had not being affected so now it seems it may have being.
    If this is so we should have being advised.

A bit of respect to our citizens who are doing all they are asked be nice.
    Its absolutely crazy all our Government know is July i9...

Why do you say the vaccine info was affected? It will have been all hands on deck for the IT folk in the HSE and beyond since the cyber attack. It is of significantly greater importance that HSE systems get restored than a digital green certificate.

Why do you say the vaccine info was affected? It will have been all hands on deck for the IT folk in the HSE and beyond since the cyber attack. It is of significantly greater importance that HSE systems get restored than a digital green certificate.

I was very forcefully told i was wrong about this here...
    If the info was not affected why is there be no information available...

I think if there were a few more on board in HSE, IT it may not have happened...
    What is most important is we have confidence in our decisions makers to carry out what they have agreed on our behalf...
    July 19 not acceptable for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭logie101

I’m in my 40’s fully and fully vaccinated. I have an essential business reason to travel to Spain at the end of June.

Does being fully vaccinated make any difference? Do I still need to quarantine at home and have a negative PCR test?

logie101 wrote: »
    I’m in my 40’s fully and fully vaccinated. I have an essential business reason to travel to Spain at the end of June.

Does being fully vaccinated make any difference? Do I still need to quarantine at home and have a negative PCR test?

No. Yes, yes.

logie101 wrote: »

You will need to be tested before you leave, it costs €49 at Dub and result in an Hour, you need to have PCR test for return which is available at various costs through Spain, Malaga i have details of if you need...

I think the negative test PCR means we can move freely on return but i am open to correction...

It's not hard, lads.

https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/a-z-list-of-countries/spain/#travelfrom
    Mandatory quarantine requirements apply to all persons who have been overseas in the 14-days prior to entering Ireland. A 14-day quarantine period must be undertaken at the address specified on the Passenger Locator Form. Arrivals from designated states , including in transit, are subject to mandatory hotel quarantine...

I note this morning that it seems we will now have to have the second AZ jab for vaccine passport...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I note this morning that it seems we will now have to have the second AZ jab for vaccine passport...

Seems obvious. Reading the front pages of the papers yesterday it seems that an annual jab to update the vax may now also be needed. Will that be a requirement also in the future to travel? Jury still out on whether vaccine types can be mixed and interchanged. Worrying times.

Was poking around the internet yesterday & came across the different curfew regulations and restrictions in different areas/‘counties in Spain - some being fought through the local courts. All Spanish travel is not equal it seems - curfews, restrictions in numbers gathering etc

Advertisement