Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brendan Campbell Memorial Race July 29th

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭wav1

Thanks to all who came today.Sorry re the conditions but s..t happens [literally]We really did do our very best under very difficult conditions.Best wishes and speedy recovery to any of the riders who took a fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭RJM85

Great race today - the organisers seem to have done a great job all things considered... I was in the A4 race - my first one in a couple of months since the nasty shock I got at being so far off the pace in my first 2 in February! Felt good throughout and was watching out for places to put in an attack on the last lap if I was able. Punctured with 3 laps to go and my race was over. Gutted! Not sure I would have managed to do anything at all with another three laps in the legs, but it's always annoying to miss out because of something out of your control. @luskdoyle unlucky - you and another swords lad seemed to be going well from what I was there for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

wav1 wrote: »
    Thanks to all who came today.Sorry re the conditions but s..t happens [literally]
    The muck on my face at the end only added to my feeling/delusion of being a proper hard man cyclist.

wav1 wrote: »
    Thanks to all who came today.Sorry re the conditions but s..t happens [literally]
    The muck on my face at the end only added to my feeling/delusion of being a proper hard man cyclist.

:D you know that famous pic of Sean Kelly at Paris - Roubaix? Felt like that until I looked in the mirror and realised I had about four flecs of muck, mostly on my glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

@Lusk Doyle, of you got bad road rash best get it looked at by a Dr. I left mine for about 36 hours before seeing a Dr. and my elbow got infected. Best get it all cleaned up by those that know how. I went to the VHI Swiftcare who were brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

A lot of photographers out today, post up links when you have them, cheers

joker77 wrote: »
    A lot of photographers out today, post up links when you have them, cheers

http://www.barndoorstudios.com/

Go to client viewing, cycling and it's the first one there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

Popped my A4 Open racing cherry yesterday - was fairly nervous before hand not really knowing what to expect. The pace was fine , nothing as hectic as the Swords Wednesday night racing.
    In the same boat as killalanerr we should have pushed harder and maybe a bit earlier but ya live ya learn and I was only hoping to not get dropped so a Top 10 for first race will do nicely.

Bad luck for Lusk Doyle crashing out , I **** myself everytime we came around to that back area , hope you are feeling better today.

I have no idea about gearing , its what came with the bike , so Ive been told that I need to get rid of the compact and get some thing else for these races , I'll have to get some boardsie to explain this to me please !

Thanks to the organisers and the nice ladies at the sign on who let me pay in sterling as I'd forgot my cash !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

RJM85 wrote: »

Great link.

So who is who from Boards? I see colm_gti in his Tiernans Jersey.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,596 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

daragh_ wrote: »
    Great link.

I was in Swords gear - the good looking one ...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Beasty wrote: »
    I was in Swords gear - the good looking one ...:D

I was also in Swords gear - the mucky looking one :o

daragh_ wrote: »

Great link.

I'm the fat chap in the cuchullain cc gear.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,596 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Also in Swords gear in the A4 race we had Goldencleric (the young one) and killalanerr, for whom there are no words to adequately describe ...

Also in Swords gear in the A4 race we had Goldencleric (the young one) and killalanerr, for whom there are no words to adequately describe ...

Useless [as a domestique] is a good one I'd say :pac:

I'm the fat more suited to track sprints chap in the cuchullain cc gear.

Fixed that for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Offlahero and Joker77 made up the rest of Team GB Orwell, dragging me Cavendishesquely towards the line.

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    I'm the fat more suited to track sprints chap in the cuchullain cc gear.

Fixed that for you ;)

:D. If only I had a sprint!

TBH the performance of Team Swords disappointed me - only one of them stayed to protect me from any lurking dangers. Another decided to go for personal glory rather than obey team orders, and how the hell the other didn't execute our plan to bring down half the peloton (the half I wasn't in) I'll never know

The only good thing that came out of that neck of the woods over the weekend was a new world record
    It was tough going in the damp conditions
    - don't we know it!!

TBH the performance of Team Swords disappointed me - only one of them stayed to protect me from any lurking dangers. Another decided to go for personal glory rather than obey team orders, and how the hell the other didn't execute our plan to bring down half the peloton (the half I wasn't in) I'll never know

The only good thing that came out of that neck of the woods over the weekend was a new world record
    - don't we know it!!

The day that I obey team orders (which btw came from you and not the management!) that make it so I have to work for you will be a cold cold day in hell my friend :pac:

Edit: What's with the link to the IMF?

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Edit: What's with the link to the IMF?
    Oops - should be the right one now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

(the young one) killalanerr, for whom there are no words to adequately describe ...
    Now that reads better,i was the one at the front where as the beast was the one at the back and LD was on the floor :D
    Hearing a few horror stories about some falls in the main event get well soon lads

Advertisement