Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argos - Toshiba C660 320GB 15.6 Inch Laptop - Black.

• 27-04-2011 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Save €160.00 on this Core i3 laptop.

CPU and Memory:
    • Intel Core i3 380M.
    • 2.53GHz processor speed.
    • 2GB DDR3 RAM memory.
    • 320GB SATA hard drive.
    Display features:
    • 15.6in widescreen display.
    • High definition display.
    • Resolution 1366 x 768 pixels.
    DVD optical drives:
    • Dual layer.
    Graphics:
    • Shared graphics.
    • Intel GMA with HD graphics card.
    Interfaces and connectivity:
    • Secure Digital (SD), Multi-Media Card (MMC) compatible.
    • 2 USB ports.
    • 1 Ethernet port.
    • B/g/n wireless/WiFi enabled.
    Multi-media features:
    • 0.3MP built-in webcam.
    • Built-in mic.
    • Built-in sound system.
    Operating system and software:
    • Microsoft Windows 7 Premium.
    Link

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

Price is €440, to save people clicking on the link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

From the bottom of the add

* Please note item 5084760 has previously been on sale at €419.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Soarer wrote: »
    Price is €440, to save people clicking on the link.

and it says "save €160" making the "original" price of this laptop €600 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

Still a good price for a full size starter laptop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

demac wrote: »
    Still a good price for a full size starter laptop.
    €440 for a starter laptop??

Its expensive I think. No HDMI, only 2gb RAM, no bluetooth, awful webcam, only 2 USB ports :eek:

On the plus side, its got a good processor and Toshiba are reliable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭Popeleo

Not amazing specs for the money and it's not the prettiest beast either.
    But if you want this Toshiba, do yourself a favour in the long run and buy one with more RAM. Amazon have the same model with 4GB RAM for about 15 euro more with free delivery:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004K6MENQ/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=15Z91732CYHNJP108XS4&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128473&pf_rd_i=468294

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭g_moriarty

Tinie wrote: »
    €440 for a starter laptop??

Its expensive I think. No HDMI, only 2gb RAM, no bluetooth, awful webcam, only 2 USB ports :eek:

Really? I've had nothing but trouble with them over the years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I'd have preferred this meself ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭jaceq

That lenovo has older CPU, T4500 isn't great, i3 on the other hand is great in my opinion, I actually have C660 (with 4 GB of ram, and i3-370M) and I think it's a great laptop.
    One thing to look out for, those toshibas (actually not only those) suffer from some bios problem, what happens is that when you charge your battery keyboard doesn't work as expected (either you need to press key long and nothing appears or 2-3 letters appear at the same time), anyway solution is to update bios to latest version (just FYI before you'll get fed up with this problem).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭coolpix23

@ mytime and podgeandrodge: with UK chains (not just Argos) operating in R Ireland, on prices they seem to use a conversion rate of GB£1 = €1.45,OK years ago but now it should be maybe GB£1 = €1.20, so they screw us for 20%. Then with the money off they seem to use a conversion rate of GB£1 = €1.00, another 20% on the money off!!!

WARNING - you might think, cheap day trip to Liverpool or up to Newry. A nephew tried the Newry route. There was a problem with the PC that the retailer (not the manufacturer) should sort out. But all the chains set it up so that xxxxx-chain-UK is not technically the same company as xxxxx-chain-IRL, so xxxxx-chain-IRL in Dublin told him to f**k o**, took him two more trips to Newry to sort it out.

@Popeleo I'd go with you man. If you decide to go with brand XxXxX I'd buy it from the XxXxX brand web site if they have a direct sales web site, if not go with some one like amazon who have some procedures to try to sort out problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Check out IBOOD's deal for a similar price, much better specs:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056260868

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Tinie wrote: »

Not if you have to fix them they are not. Perhaps years ago they were (had one 10 years ago) but these days any customer of mine that buys a Toshiba has nothing but problems with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

I know personally 4 people who own a Toshiba laptop and the only thing I have to say is that they never had any issues with them . Very reliable brand indeed.

Advertisement