Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

17" Dell laptop €443

Options
  • 06-05-2011 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭

IBOOD.

4966_3Z_hi_1304694451.jpg

Specs:
    • Brand: Dell
    • Type: Inspiron 1764
    • I3 370M 2.40GHz Intel Core processor
    • Windows 7 ® Home Premium (64bit OS)
    • 17.3 "(1600x900) WLED display HD +
    • 4096MB 1067Hz DDR3
    • 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5450
    • QWERTY keyboard
    • 500GB 5400rpm SATA
    • Built-in 1.3MP webcam with integrated microphone
    • Bluetooth
    • 802.11 b / g wireless Internet
    • 7-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader: Digital (SD) Memory Card, Hi-Capacity Secure Digital (SDHC), Hi-Density Secure Digital (SDHD), Multi Media Card (MMC), Memory Stick (MS), Memory Stick PRO (MS Pro), xD Picture Card (xD)
    • 85 WHr 9-cell Li-Ion Battery
    • Internal tray-load DVD + /-RW
    • Connections: VGA, HDMI, stereo headphone, microphone, 4x USB 2.0, Ethernet
    • 4-watt (2 x 2W) High Definition Audio 2.0 Stereo Speakers with SRS Premium Sound
    • 9 Works with Home & Student Trial English
    • McAfee ® Security Centre ™ 10.0 - 30 days trial English
    • Color: Ice Blue
    • EU product, UK plug supplied
    • Dimensions: 420 x 20 x 276 mm
    • Weight: 3.2 kg
    • Delivery: 7 to 10 business days
    • 2 years CAR (Collect and Return) warrant
    y

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Seems like a pretty good deal. Got Inspiron 17 from outlet a few months ago for 100 euro dearer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

It does look very decent for the price. Just checking Dell there and the nearest I can find is €580 and it's a lower spec than this, less RAM, smaller battery and intel integrated graphics. I wonder what the catch is.

The screen size would put me off a little though, and the fact that it's glossy but that's really just nitpicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Agreed, it's a bargain alright!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Only thing is dont expect to get it any time soon, I think the last laptop deal iBood had, if you read the thread on bargain alerts, people are still waiting for the laptop, about 2 weeks later!

Thread on HUKD about it here: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/dell-inspiron-17-3-inch-laptop-4gb-500gb-i3-370m-1gb-ati-hd-5450-2-year-warranty/933708

Only thing is dont expect to get it any time soon, I think the last laptop deal iBood had, if you read the thread on bargain alerts, people are still waiting for the laptop, about 2 weeks later!

According to iBood
    Delivery: 7 to 10 business days

• Advertisement

I have always found them to be pretty quick with deliveries. Just ordered one there for my girlfriend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

SickBoy wrote: »
    According to iBood
    Well I am just going by this thread; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056241842

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

Just ordered one.

If you're getting one, don't forget to go through fatcheese.ie for a 6% saving on the price!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Santiago Garcia

Nice at that price. Pity no wireless N if I read it right, not that it is that big an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

Mc Love wrote: »
    I have always found them to be pretty quick with deliveries.

So did I until they weren't.

And if they're not then you won't be able to get a response from them. You wont be able to get a delivery date for it.

And they will have taken the money from your account

PROCEED WITH CAUTION

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Bought my laptop on 16-04-2011 .Its now 07-05-2011 .No laptop ,no delivery date,money taken on the 17-04-2011 ,be very cautious with this shower .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Nice at that price. Pity no wireless N if I read it right, not that it is that big an issue.

Whats Wireless N?

Edit: It's ok i checked it.

I bought it but i've one question. There's no county for the address, i din't even realise it at the time but i saw it there in the delivery address. What have others doen?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Other than screen size are there any advantages of this laptop over this one:
    http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Lenovo_Edge_15_1079088.html

It's pretty much the same price delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

You will have the saveonlaptops one before you retire .

After a very quick compare...
    Dell pros
    17.3" screen
    1GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5450
    9 cell Battery

Lenovo pros
    Slightly faster CPU
    Wireless N
    Extra year of warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

After a very quick compare...
    Dell pros
    17.3" screen
    1GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5450
    9 cell Battery

Lenovo pros
    Slightly faster CPU
    Wireless N
    Extra year of warranty
    ..and that's a fairly substantial difference, even if it does never arrive haha..
    Just ordered one for a mate.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Looks like a great laptop.
    Sick of the site now, tried mobile, latop and still can't get past the pay page! Really annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

After years of using dell's I wouldnt touch them right now. The last batch that we got in had a horrendous build quality.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Bambi wrote: »
    After years of using dell's I wouldnt touch them right now. The last batch that we got in had a horrendous build quality.

Ya? Why is that?
    I have been buying them for the last 12/13 years and never had bother. Since the moved to Poland I wonder if the quality has dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

yop wrote: »
    Ya? Why is that?
    I have been buying them for the last 12/13 years and never had bother. Since the moved to Poland I wonder if the quality has dropped.

We had generally used them over the last decade on found them very reliable, Possibly the relocation hasnt worked out for them very well. Simply put if we had known then how many problems we were going to have we wouldnt have touched them this time around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭loopymum

Ah Crap Bambi! I'm bought one a couple of hours ago, thought it was a pretty good deal. We have always bought dell too and found them grand. I'm currently using an almost 6yr old laptop which I will now pass on to the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

Always buy dell and never had an issue...Bought one at xmas and its faultless!No matter what the product is, your always going get a bad batch...just unlucky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Since the moved to Poland I wonder if the quality has dropped.

I changed to HP after been with Dell for 15yrs, Find them both the same really, Foxconn 'Assembles' HP laptops in mainland china for all over the world

The Dell laptops that are 'Assembled’ in Poland by Foxconn are no differently 'Assembled’ then the laptops that were 'Assembled’ in limerick the only differance is the lower end laptops are now assembled in Mainland china

Just got a confirmation email from iBood that my order has shipped along with a UPS tracking number.
    Good service (this time) it seems.

Me too - got tracking number :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Mc Love wrote: »
    Me too - got tracking number :D

Yeah i Just got it there too.
    I need another laptop and i see Ibood have another deal on today.
    But i was going to stay away from them after reading all the stories about delivery, but this seems very good this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Was coming on to post the same thing.

Still i asked about the address issue and got no reply from them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭loopymum

Just got a confirmation email from iBood that my order has shipped along with a UPS tracking number.
    Good service (this time) it seems.

me too

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

Anyones tracking number work??Mine cant be found on UPS website when i click link in email

• Advertisement

lpool2k05 wrote: »
    Anyones tracking number work??Mine cant be found on UPS website when i click link in email

It does mention that it can take up to 24hrs for the tracking number to be recognised by the tracking system.

Advertisement