Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 7.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Couchside after a great two mile walk earlier, another overcast old day out there but quite humid, bunch of Sunday papers to read now while keeping an eye to the GAA and golf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

GoneHome wrote:
    Couchside after a great two mile walk earlier, another overcast old day out there but quite humid, bunch of Sunday papers to read now while keeping an eye to the GAA and golf

Same conditions here.

Back from a slightly longer run, feet up, coffee & sh!te telly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Sounds fab Witchie, what dress are you wearing? I've 2 weddings coming up just a week between them, allergic tbh, can't see anything I like online and can't be arsed going dress shopping, thinking of a jumpsuit but then the toilet issues... I'm worried after a few drinks it's would touch the floor and whatever might be on the floor lol.

I've said before, I'm coming back as a man. ��

I got a dress made that is fuschia pink on top and purple with fuschia flowers on the bottom but am not happy with it.

Have ordered a few dresses on ASOS. One is a dusty rose pink and my favourite but there is also a lovely Silvery grey one and a kind beige and bling one and another pale pink one. Depends which looks best on me.

My hair might clash but I don't care!

So brown roots are done, hair washed and dried. Now am waiting for the lightener to take effect before colour added.

Added the 4 dresses I ordered. Tell me your favourite!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,953 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Witchie wrote: »
    I got a dress made that is fuschia pink on top and purple with fuschia flowers on the bottom but am not happy with it.

Have ordered a few dresses on ASOS. One is a dusty rose pink and my favourite but there is also a lovely Silvery grey one and a kind beige and bling one and another pale pink one. Depends which looks best on me.

So brown roots are done, hair washed and dried. Now am waiting for the lightener to take effect before colour added.

Last pic , that'd be my choice anyway !

Have a lovely day folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

1, or 4. Probably 4.

I do this on facebook . My male friends are the best at fashion input.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Last one is lovely, but all are nice. Would avoid the white one as its too bridal. Would love to see dress you have had made. Got a great mental image of your hair so hope you will be pleased with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I’m back in bed after being up early. Got a sleeping boyfriend lying on me so I won’t be moving any time soon :p

Deffo num 4 imo.. I think I've found my dress also, don't know how to put up links but I'm in love and on a high as I hate dresses.. It better fit and I better look like the model wearing it or there'll be tears lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Just in from rescuing a little sparrow chick that fell from it's nest. Hope the little fellow survives. Warm but overcast. Hope the neighbors cat stays put for another few days.

• Advertisement

Number 4 is lovely Witchie. I also really like the silvery one but it would be too close in colour to the bride. Shoes' picks are great too :)

I am on the couch reading about productivity. The irony :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

2/4 for me

(First options)

All lovely

wildwillow wrote: »
    Last one is lovely, but all are nice. Would avoid the white one as its too bridal. Would love to see dress you have had made. Got a great mental image of your hair so hope you will be pleased with it.

Only have pics of me wearing it and I look like a bag of spuds but here is a snippet

Damnit they are lovely too only I don't like green the first would be a winner.

Funny every one has loved no 4, it's just so classic. My mum, sister and boyfriend all agreed on it. I hope it works. Got lovely kinda gold sparkly shoes the other day that I hope will work with it.

As for my hair ....I freakin love it!! Am also now a model for the salon. Lol was there for just over 5 hours. It's more vibrant than in the picture coz the lighting wasn't good for the photo.

Fab. 5 Hours!!! I wouldn’t be able for that length of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

In the kitchen playing around with my new laptop that I bought secondhand from one of my friends yesterday. I love it.

I'm doing up a to-do list of stuff I want/need to do while I'm off work for the next 10 days. It's bigger than I thought (that's what she said wahey!)

Going to see the new Spiderman film this evening. Can't wait :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Love dresses 2/4 from first list and love 2/3 from Shoes list :) Witchie I love your dress too and as for your hair :eek: Wow!!!!! Love it :)

I'm now Couchside looking through photos of the weekend and am so sad it's all over :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Off in to town to see New Order.
    Forgot I had a ticket for it. I am wrecked though... too tired and over sunned to be outside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

After 2.5 years unable to wear heels, and 1 year on a low dose of chemo, I am finally far enough over my arthritis to wear heels again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

After 2.5 years unable to wear heels, and 1 year on a low dose of chemo, I am finally far enough over my arthritis to wear heels again.

Excellent news 👍

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Shoes strutting her stuff

source.gif

I'm deskside writing a program that calculates insurance based and a number of conditions

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

after 2.5 years, more like this

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Having a glass of Chianti and watching Tour highlights.

Not a high heel in sight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Only have pics of me wearing it and I look like a bag of spuds but here is a snippet

I'm pretty sure you are selling yourself short.

Colour is lovely but hard to tell how well made it is. Anyway it would clash with your marvellous hair, so much more exotic than I had imagined. You could get away wearing a sack and no one would notice while sporting that hair.

Enjoy the wedding.

Tayto time. Still in (happy) shock that Laois won the hurling today

honeybear wrote: »
    Tayto time. Still in (happy) shock that Laois won the hurling today

So am I !!

Had an unexpected , unplanned lovely day with the munchkins and all the baby munchkins , lots of fun and a picnic style late lunch :)

Absolutely gorgeous day here , and evening , definitely lifts the spirits :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    So am I !!

Had an unexpected , unplanned lovely day with the munchkins and all the baby munchkins , lots of fun and a picnic style late lunch :)

Absolutely gorgeous day here , and evening , definitely lifts the spirits :)

Similar here Mam - brother and gang visited. Cue kiddies “looking after” cats & dogs. I was happily zonked when they left. And now, more visitors after arriving...

• Advertisement

Similar here Mam - brother and gang visited. Cue kiddies “looking after” cats & dogs. I was happily zonked when they left. And now, more visitors after arriving...

Aw , that's lovely , am laughing here at the kiddies looking after the animals , I can imagine !
    It's nice when unexpected visitors arrive in the evening , but sometimes it's nice to not have any either :o:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What would you do if kevin mccloud turned up at your door 😀?

What would you do if kevin mccloud turned up at your door 😀?

I could do anything! Have watched every GD episode at least 5 times! Going to be watching The Proposal tonight ... Ryan Reynolds ... yummy!

I could do anything!

Ohhh matron :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Lolling in an armchair, wrecked all day. I didn't get home till 5am this morning, an hours drive in a taxi. Convinced I brought it on myself as I had said what would I do if I left Loftus Hall at that time and broke down. Or maybe it was a spirit messing with my car :)

Kitchenside, eating Indian takeout.

After a fab day trip to Kilkenny with my favourite fairy goddaughter. She's dossing post leaving and pre whatever and is so much fun to be with. After mooching around for the day we went to Toy Story 4 and acted like we were still 10 and 21* respectively :D

*ahem
    OMG just checked and she's now a legal adult and wasn't even born for the first two :eek:
    In terms of aging, this is scarier than my first grey hair (will be) :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

I got a dress made that is fuschia pink on top and purple with fuschia flowers on the bottom but am not happy with it. .........

Sounding like your twin is growing outside my kitchen :D

I'd vote for four too:)

Ding ding. On my the luas watching the dregs from longitude going in the opposite direction.
    The horror.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside, with a film on telly in the background.

Busy week ahead but I had a very chilled weekend so ready for it.

Panned out on my bed with 4 pillows stacked behind me, drinking a bottle of water that I chopped a strawberry into, just finished watching glee on Netflix. Awww I used to love glee. Couldn’t beat a Wednesday evening in college. There was no boozing done between 8 and 9 on a Wednesday.
    Got some new sheets today and some velvet clothes hangers. It’s the little things in life.

Back in Limerick after work. Sitting on the couch. Tired but putting off going to bed because I’m too lazy to take my makeup off. Why do I do myself like this?

• Advertisement

0lddog wrote: »
    Sounding like your twin is growing outside my kitchen :D

I'd vote for four too:)

That's my inspiration right there! :D

My dresses arrived and my mum says that everyone's favorite looks disappointing but still hoping it looks better on than on a hanger.

Got up for work this morning, had 2 slices of toast and a small coffee. Moments later was back in my room boking. Called the doc and she wants me in at 11 to see her.

Currently lying on my bed trying not to throw up. Was really starting to feel normal again yesterday. Sigh.

At least it's not Dengue. That's all I can say.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

In work feeling discombobulated

Witchie, when you’re trying on your dresses have your hair done, your makeup done, your tan done (if you wear tan) because throwing it on after working all day feeling like sh1te doesn’t give you an accurate idea. I was going to a wedding a few years ago, ordered a dress from ASOS, spent a fortune on it so had to wear it one way or another. When it arrived it was rotten. Absolutely foul. I threw it on, Hated it. The day of the wedding with all my other bits done, and my gorgeous shoes to match, I threw on the dress and thought it was stunning!
    Now for any special occasion dresses I’ll always do myself up trying stuff on.

I’m laying on the couch having finished breakfast and sipping water. Need a painkiller too I’ve awful tummy ache but can’t roofie myself today. Panadol it is for ****s sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

How is it Monday already

Kitchenside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Kitchenside with a coffee.
    Morning all!

votecounts wrote: »
    Kitchenside with a coffee.
    Morning all!

Me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

...I'm gonna be a happy idiot and struggle for the legal tender
    Where the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender...

Morning all,

It's another grey one 13C

Kitchen with coffee thinking of gentle things

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I am not built for this humidity

I am in work and in a bad way tired and a little hung over.
    I will be like David Copperfield today with the disappearing act.

I am in bed, contemplating what life as a single woman will be like. Last night saw me find out more and while he was almost forgiven (how?) this is it now. If he wants to act single, then I’ll save him having to act at all.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement