Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

northgirl wrote: »
    Bit the bullet and ordered myself a new pair of lovely leather mocassins from Dune. I deserve them :D

No picture to make us swoon?

Gave the bathroom a clean so TH'd about that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

cats kinda terrify me, I just can't settle around them.
    although, I think they are one of the most beautiful animals to look at, & I loooove pictures of them:)

I think it is the eyes.. they are full on with contact..We find that threatening sometimes.

Find the cat? And yes he was birdwatching!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A little robin perched on the tree behind us giving it absolute socks ! For sheer volume and tenacity he deserves to get his woman

Very fetching northgirl :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

TH : just watched that. Don't ask why. Summer is coming, it is.
    Watch it all, just so you can say you've seen it.
    https://youtu.be/POv-3yIPSWc

edit : the pineapple costume would do wonders for my figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    A little robin perched on the tree behind us giving it absolute socks ! For sheer volume and tenacity he deserves to get his woman

This made me laugh out loud! Go get yo' woman:pac:

kfallon wrote: »
    Very fetching northgirl :D

well... i dunno about fetching! I'm getting old and I like my comfort :D

+ they will look great for work once I have a tan and that IS HAPPENING!!! (the tan that is ha ha)

iamwhoiam wrote: »

I was in the park recently with my friend and there was a robin nearby. She's like "hello" to the robin at which an elderly couple nearby decide it's them she's talking to and not the bird - awkward conversation ensues :pac:

• Advertisement

I was in the park recently with my friend and there was a robin nearby. She's like "hello" to the robin at which an elderly couple nearby decide it's them she's talking to and not the bird - awkward conversation ensues :pac:

Brilliant :D

TH that I got up this morn at 6.40am, I will sleep no problem tonight!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Graces7 wrote: »
    I think it is the eyes.. they are full on with contact..We find that threatening sometimes.

Find the cat? And yes he was birdwatching!

I love it when cats climbs trees :D

Got a 2nd interview for the job I applied for. Fingers crossed. :)

Got a 2nd interview for the job I applied for. Fingers crossed. :)

And you giving out like shiite about them the other day :pac:

Well done :)

And you giving out like shiite about them the other day :pac:

Well done :)

I know. My bad. Must be more patient... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

Graces7 wrote: »

yeah they seem to crouch and stare. It's very intimidating.
    little cute fluffy secret ninja type stare.
    I don't know if staring back is bad, I don't think you are supposed to do that to them.
    I do, because I am fearing for my life walking past one:D

I know. My bad. Must be more patient... :pac:

Celebratory bowl of cornflakes? :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

little cut fluffy secret ninja type stare.
    I don't know if staring back is bad, I don't think you are supposed to do that to them.

Give them a slow blink. It tells them that you're not threatening. If you get a slow blink back from them you're sorted.

Celebratory bowl of cornflakes? :pac:

You underestimate me..

Currently eating celebratory McFlurry. To be followed by celebratory Caramel Sundae.... :pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

little cut fluffy secret ninja type stare.

If they blink at you slowly blink back, its a sign of trust :3, I'm always doing it to the local kitties :o .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

I was surprised when a goat wandered into my garden at 4 this afternoon - then seemed to hypnotise the dog, and both stalked each other since. I was genuinely sorry when the owners were eventually contacted, and came to be reunited with Molly (yes, Molly) 10 minutes ago. A pet goat, yes - I will seriously consider it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

quickbeam wrote: »
    Give them a slow blink. It tells them that you're not threatening. If you get a slow blink back from them you're sorted.
    If they blink at you slowly blink back, its a sign of trust :3, I'm always doing it :o .

I'll brave it and see where it gets me:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

My poor cat has a damaged nerve in one eye .So when he does his slow trusting blink it looks like he is doing a sexy wink !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I was surprised when a goat wandered into my garden at 4 this afternoon - then seemed to hypnotise the dog, and both stalked each other since. I was genuinely sorry when the owners were eventually contacted, and came to be reunited with Molly (yes, Molly) 10 minutes ago. A pet goat, yes - I will seriously consider it now.

We had them years ago. Good for milk etc., if you like it, but damned stubborn clueless animals that would eat the clothes off the line. Good for clearing a bit of scrubland though.

I love it when cats climbs trees :D

That particular cat became expert at it as this lad , a feral who adopted me, used to chase my cats up trees all the time, then sit at the bottom so they could not get down,,

little cute fluffy secret ninja type stare.

(((HUGS)))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Went for McFlurries with the OH this evening. It's the little things :D

Had a goat called Poppy.. Loved her. used to take her for walks . She loved to hide in the ditch and lea p out at cars,,;

One of the cats is SNORING loudly. ;)

More amused than anything else. Dog came to me looking.. worried. When I went into the kitchen she ran to her bed..and there is Jacob-cat,curled up in her doggie duvet ,fast asleep,, Dog;s nose is out of joint.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I cooked dinner for 11 people yesterday!
    11 f*ckig people!!!!

Every plate was cleared.

I'm not going to lie, it feels good to see lots of full bellies and satisfied faces :)

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I cooked dinner for 11 people yesterday!
    11 f*ckig people!!!!

Every plate was cleared.

I'm not going to lie, it feels good to see lots of full bellies and satisfied faces :)

Now where are you again? If everyone who thanked you ;)

Happy to know how to post photos Merci Mille Fois, New Home ;)

Knowing we have many knitters here..Used to make these to sell on my stall.. Kids loved them and looked so cute..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Down and out with a dose at the moment, that's not made me trivially happy!
    but work were great despite my stubborn attempts to go in anyway and a neighbour texted to make sure I was ok because the car hadn't moved all weekend...
    So today my th is helpful caring people, and the fact that I have more of them than I realise in my life... :)

TH Ballyvourney puddings, mash and beans dinner just about ready. Comfort on a plate, badly needed in the wind and lashing rain.

The hats are really cute Grace7 !!!

Full stomach, fire blazing, no hassle, pleasantly tired from enjoyable activity and nothing that needs doing tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

Dancing around my kitchen lip-syncing to songs has made me TH this evening!

This makes me very TH - memories of a great holiday in the Caribbean :)

https://youtu.be/2qunog47EVo

Anything but trivial.... I just found an Easter egg I bought and never gave to anybody!

• Advertisement

TG1 wrote: »
    Anything but trivial.... I just found an Easter egg I bought and never gave to anybody!

I love it when something like that happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

There's one Smarties egg upstairs , unclaimed..
    One Buttons egg in press, granddaughters.

Guess which one is most likely to be eaten ..:o

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    There's one Smarties egg upstairs , unclaimed..
    One Buttons egg in press, granddaughters.

Guess which one is most likely to be eaten ..:o

Anyone who goes for Nestle over cadburys need their head examined so I guess the granddaughter is out of luck?? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Anyone who goes for Nestle over cadburys need their head examined so I guess the granddaughter is out of luck?? :pac:

Correct :D

She's too small to appreciate Cadburys anyway :D

(Awaits backlash for robbing a small childs egg..)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Correct :D

She's to small to appreciate Cadburys anyway :D

(Awaits backlash for robbing a small childs egg..)

She'll love the Smarties one. Honestly!

I was driven demented trying to buy a movie online that is produced by a US channel, Amazon, Itunes, HBO themselves... they're all blocking me because of the region thing. But I wanted to buy it all legit, and it's not available in any shape or form to Europe !

Anyway, TH I found "a kind friend whom I've yet to meet" who's letting me download it now.

Can't wait to watch it.

• Advertisement

Got new vans boot runners from amazon today, cheered me up a bit :) in bad need of new footwear as my Docs are leaking a bit.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001F0362I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Got new vans boot runners from amazon today, cheered me up a bit :) in bad need of new footwear as my Docs are leaking a bit.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001F0362I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I love skater shoes. I've my own little collection :o

I love skater shoes. I've my own little collection :o

Sure who doesn't :D I'm also a big fan of Docs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Love me some Docs myself :D

They're very cool !
    We're all buying footwear online now, it's gas, a few years ago people would have been weary of buying shoes online.

That reminded me, and made me very TH, that I bought a pair of Rieker summer slip ons last week ! I had a pair of same style different colour/pattern before, they lasted me ages, and then when they were shook I kept them as slippers for another year, they were that comfy.
    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Ladies-Causal-Mule-Sandals-Rieker-46394-92-Black-Multi-EU-Size-36-39/132474846951?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=431821318955&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement