Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The PGA Tour Thread

Comments

Seve OB wrote: »
    Fake News ? :D

The fakiest.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thesun.ie/sport/golf/6399260/trump-turnberry-not-host-open/amp/

I hear the Oireachtest Golf Society have said they will not be holding this years outing in Trump Doonbeg as it would be too controversial.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Lip Out wrote: »
    Imagine a world where snowflakes were not champing at the bit ready to be offended by the slightest thing.

This is nothing new, it is a derogatory term and it's use has been punished for years. Kobe got slapped a big fine for it and Reed was also fined for it. It's clear he didn't say it to cause offence, but he should know better and be fined accordingly for it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Grayson Murray isn't the brightest player on Tour is he?

https://twitter.com/GraysonMurray/status/1348660886076944384

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Grayson Murray isn't the brightest player on Tour is he?

https://twitter.com/GraysonMurray/status/1348660886076944384

Not sure if Trump actually has any money!!
    He would be the only player in the field and somehow manage to miss the cut. He is an absolutely shocking player and Class A dickhead.

• Advertisement

Comment said he would lose in the two man field against Jack Nickluas. Either that or his OWGR would mean he wouldn't get in to either event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

https://www.otbsports.com/golf/trump-toxic-pga-tour-golfers-1133425?fbclid=IwAR3NCQnM3qeoIq4TvmIAlHzt9ao-iZLhG33rIZeKtkNAfdqbRnbrGmYqtIE

Interesting comments. No surprise with Golfers in States being right leaning but love to know the juice on Fowler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I'd usually agree with Donegan but I think he's off the mark there. No doubt there will be tour players who play rounds with him after the 20th but his brand is now so toxic that he's being abandoned all over the place. Bill Belichick just refused the freedom medal and he was a big Trump guy and is very much on the conservative side of things. Once it starts to impact the bottom line there is no going back IMO, look at all the sponsors, including huge banks like Deustche who are leaving Trump. Even Callaway are beginning to take some heat for Sorenstam, worth looking up some recent stories about her by the way, she's fully into the Q stuff. The No Laying Up guys even touched on it in their recent pod but obviously couldn't say too much given the sponsorship deal they have with Callaway but I'd expect Sorenstam to be out at Callaway once her contract is up.

The really interesting thing will be if he has to start selling assets, Doonbeg and Turnberry you'd think would be first to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Polo Ralph Lauren end their deal with JT over the homophobic slur, seems quite harsh to me thought they would have given him a chance to redeem himself. Will be interesting to see what brand will go after him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Polo Ralph Lauren end their deal with JT over the homophobic slur, seems quite harsh to me thought they would have given him a chance to redeem himself. Will be interesting to see what brand will go after him now.

The world has gone crazy. You can't say anything anymore as it will offend something.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

All these brands no doubt have their sweat shops in Vietnam and China that you won't hear about trying to impose their morals on us.

So, Angel Cabrera huh? who'd have thunk?

Fairly disappointing comments here, right decision by Ralph Lauren.

As for the "you can't say anything anymore" brigade. The word he used was always offensive, you might not have been called out on it in the past but it was still offensive. You are rightfully brought up for using it now and it is absolutely right that he's been dropped by RL who have very concrete ties to the LGBT community.

As for the "you can't say anything anymore" brigade. The word he used was always offensive, you might not have been called out on it in the past but it was still offensive. You are rightfully brought up for using it now and it is absolutely right that he's been dropped by RL who have very concrete ties to the LGBT community.

But has anyone bothered to interview the ball?

I’m sure the people working in sweat shops, being exploited while they make RL clothes would argue the it’s a bit hypocritical of RL to be judgemental.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-54960346

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

What Thomas did was wrong, he deserves a fine, slap and warning, but that’s it.

Have a read of this.....good old Ralph

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-54960346

Its interesting the way words disappear, when I was growing up the word poof was a near constant at school. You dont hear it anymore anywhere. I'd imagine fag**t will go a similar way. I haven't heard anyone use it in years apart from in a film maybe.

The whataboutery is something else here. I'm not here to defend RL using sweatshops, I am saying what JT said was wrong, offensive and he deserves to be punished. RL have punished him, which is the correct decision.

The sweatshops are a completely separate issue.

The whataboutery is something else here. I'm not here to defend RL using sweatshops, I am saying what JT said was wrong, offensive and he deserves to be punished. RL have punished him, which is the correct decision.

The sweatshops are a completely separate issue.

Yes he was wrong, in frustration muttered an offensive word under his breathe, directed toward himself/his ball, not to/at someone else. Big deal. RL probably saw an opportunity to get out of an expensive sponsorship and took it. When big brands who have a record of exploiting workers hold themselves up as paragons of virtue, very publicly punishing a sportsman, they can f**k right off, I don’t like their gaudy clothes anyway.

Snowflakes would be offended by this, similar to the ones who found offence with fairytale of New York before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

It's about what's best for their brand, not punishment. JT is smart and may be able to turn it around by becoming some type of ambassador for an LGBT cause. If a full 360 on it was managed right it could actually make the logo on his shirt way more valuable then it was previously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

So, Angel Cabrera huh? who'd have thunk?

mad like - with all his money, why would he need to be thieving and beating up wives and girlfriends

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-55684145

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭valoren

It wasn't a straight putt fnarr fnarr. Seriously though, agree that RL took the opportunity to end that contract.

Rikand wrote: »
    mad like - with all his money, why would he need to be thieving and beating up wives and girlfriends

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-55684145

The assumption being rich people are honest and don’t beat their partners?

It’s 6 yrs since his last PGA tour win, 11 since he won the masters, a divorce and a fondness for the good life will have eroded a good chunk of the winnings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Can Finau finally win !

Probably not gonna win but a nice few dollars taken once again all the same :D

Just a gorgeous roll on those greens

Good win for Darren on the seniors tour, that's 2 in a row.

God I love the Korda's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,823 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Can Finau finally win !

He just hit it in the water and missed a 3 footer so looks like he'll be a bridesmaid yet again. Surely he'll win again at some stage??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Some round from Cantlay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

God I love the Korda's

Wudda put the house on Kang

• Advertisement

God I love the Korda's

Quality players. Serious ball strikers

Advertisement