Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NXT UK Takeover: Dublin - Show finally cancelled

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,887 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The guy on the cultoholic podcast saying 'he hopes takeover Dublin happens and kick starts everything again'

Bit of optimism is nice and if it does go ahead it will be an electric atmosphere

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The guy on the cultoholic podcast saying 'he hopes takeover Dublin happens and kick starts everything again'

Bit of optimism is nice and if it does go ahead it will be an electric atmosphere

Judging by today’s number and yesterday’s actions it definitely won’t be going ahead.

If people stayed home from the get go this could have been curtailed in weeks now it’ll be months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Loughc wrote: »
    Judging by today’s number and yesterday’s actions it definitely won’t be going ahead.

If people stayed home from the get go this could have been curtailed in weeks now it’ll be months.

While I agree it won’t go ahead, today’s numbers aren’t bad at all.
    There’s always going to be increase

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

bennyl10 wrote: »
    While I agree it won’t go ahead, today’s numbers aren’t bad at all.
    There’s always going to be increase

Sorry how is over 200 new cases and 2 new deaths not bad at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I think he means it could be worse. Our country's effort to flatten the curve has slowed down the outbreak. While uts rising I expected it to rise quicker.

That said I believe a huge spike is on rhe horizon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah none of this is anything to celebrate, but our rate of increase in a similar timescale is in a different league to the likes of the UK and Italy, and the low mortality rate so far is a credit to the heroic actions of those working in healthcare. Though some of the scenes from yesterday were infuriating and will no doubt have dire consequences in the not too distant future sadly.

I know it’s hard not to but it really is crazy to speculate with any degree of certainty what the situation will be in late April. The Paddy’s Day address was a week ago and feels like around a month at this stage, this is a day-to-day situation. You can point to other countries and their timelines, but that’s to forget that we can gain from progress they’ve made and research they’ve accrued. Nobody knows anything about what will happen yet and that’s the scariest part really.

Whether the show happens in April or another time, this would be awesome

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-Fqlu4J-K6/?igshid=pablblrmeovm

Saw that, I really hope they don’t do that match tbh. They did that exact match with a storyline here already, give us something new.

As said below, it isn’t the 30% increase.
    It isn’t near as bad as predicted.

If you think 200 new cases is bad you’re in for a huge shock in the coming days.

Finn Walter is what I really want at this when/if this goes ahead..
    Can’t see it tho..

If this is WWEs first live show since the lockdown and stuff happened Finn Seamus really wouldn’t surprise me.. it’s a very wwe move

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

We're now four weeks away from this.

I just can't see it happening at all.

In the best scenarios, Italy is two weeks ahead of everyone. So they are a good indicator of where the world will be in two weeks time. You've got Boris doing lock downs for three weeks, America talking about multi-month payments to people to stay at home.

Unless there's a miracle cure, the reality is the best we can hope for in 4 weeks time is a slight relaxing on closed businesses, but still maintaining a high level of social distancing. Large gatherings of 1000+ people will be the last thing to come back, so you're probably looking at least mid if not late summer.

partial lockdown extended til the 19th April which is one week before this event

doubt it will happen now, best would be a postponement for after the summer

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

91271806_3261203223914101_8704423946071572480_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=dSdj7CTPw4kAX-yOJOd&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=42ae2a85a5cd6ae3a24ee011ca109f1a&oe=5EA0E164

91271806_3261203223914101_8704423946071572480_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=dSdj7CTPw4kAX-yOJOd&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=42ae2a85a5cd6ae3a24ee011ca109f1a&oe=5EA0E164

the government have only postponed until 19th of April?

Question now is whether WWE will actually reschedule or move it to the UK PC

the government have only postponed until 19th of April?

Question now is whether WWE will actually reschedule or move it to the UK PC

No doubt wwe could have the show written and planned out through networking but then you could have logistic issues and all that not been possible with travel bans etc

There were TV tapings scheduled for the week after Dublin in Bournemouth with Glasgow been next on the 24th/25th July. Hard to knw what will happen but very much hoping for a reschedule

3arena have updated their statement to say 19th of April

• Advertisement

I still see it being extended past that date sadly.

I still see it being extended past that date sadly.

Oh ya, I can’t see anyway this goes ahead in April!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

There's a chance that Live Nation got word of measures to come and jumped the gun with their announcement. The same way pubs across the country announced they were closing just hours before Leo said they all had to shut - and the very same thing happened again with shops before the latest 'essential workers' announcement.

There's a chance that Live Nation got word of measures to come and jumped the gun with their announcement. The same way pubs across the country announced they were closing just hours before Leo said they all had to shut - and the very same thing happened again with shops before the latest 'essential workers' announcement.

I think It was just a typo Tbh
    They took the March statement which had the 29th in it, and just put April in

Then they edited it fairly quickly

The next extension will be early May you’d assume

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Rescheduled to Sunday October 25th

Rescheduled to October 25th

happy with that, surprised they're going ahead with it

xnZ1uN7.jpg

Happy with that

Prob be reshuffled a bit match wise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anyone know if a refund will be possible? Would prefer to get the money back tbh and see again closer to the date

Anyone know if a refund will be possible? Would prefer to get the money back tbh and see again closer to the date

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/articles/360006285854-Cancelled-and-Rescheduled-Events

Cant see Finn straying around this brand til October

Cant see Finn straying around this brand til October

I'd say they'll rewrite the current plan, especially with no Tampa happening either,
    and just restart it in september ish

Have Walter interfere closer to

I'd say they'll rewrite the current plan, especially with no Tampa happening either,
    and just restart it in september ish

Have Walter interfere closer to

They will prob postpone the TV tapings for the start of May and hopefully get up and running again for the Glasgow tapings in July and maybe have another set of tapings in August/September which will lead up to Dublin

Hard to knw what's going on atm in WWE or the world for that fact

They will prob postpone the TV tapings for the start of May and hopefully get up and running again for the Glasgow tapings in July and maybe have another set of tapings in August/September which will lead up to Dublin

Hard to knw what's going on atm in WWE or the world for that fact

Theres no guarantee that they will reschedule the event in Dublin

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Theres no guarantee that they will reschedule the event in Dublin

They already have

Yeah the announcement came through their Dublin promoters.

leggo wrote: »
    Yeah the announcement came through their Dublin promoters.

and wwe.com has it updated and such

It will be something to look forward to anyway but still a good bit away

following TV tapings have been cancelled
    Bouremouth- 1st/2nd May
    Download Festival
    Glasgow- 24th/25th July

airing instead is a 'Best Of' show featuring Superstar interviews

Becky Lynch says she wants to be part of NXT UK Takeover
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/other-sport/becky-lynch-says-wants-part-21842576

Becky Lynch says she wants to be part of NXT UK Takeover
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/other-sport/becky-lynch-says-wants-part-21842576

Could replace Finn Balor on the lineup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,286 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seems they ran out of recordings. Or taking a break to spread them out. This week was a look back at the beginnings of NXT UK.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Seems they ran out of recordings. Or taking a break to spread them out. This week was a look back at the beginnings of NXT UK.

Ya they’d taped up to the Dublin date.

Not everything is gone to pot

we hold out in hope of things being much better by the end of October and this going ahead (possibily kick starting everything again)

• Advertisement

There's a few hurdles, I guess.

I really can't see big events like this being allowed this year. They've already extended the ban on till September, and I'd be surprised if that doesn't get extended on till about Xmas.

I've also worries about NXT UK in general; I'd worry Vince could scrap the idea of a UK brand from a financial side of things if they can't run shows.

All of that is presuming people will feel safe to go.

Sigh. I hope everything is "better" by then, but unless we take super strict measures (as in, shutting the border to non-essential travel, and focusing on just getting Ireland back to normal without risking new infections getting in), I'm rather pessimistic about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,286 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The past 2 weeks have been old matches.

Things wont return to normal for a long time. Without a vaccine, it wont be realistic to have a typical wrestling event. Social distancing will be part of our life for the rest of the year at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Lord TSC wrote: »
    There's a few hurdles, I guess.

I really can't see big events like this being allowed this year. They've already extended the ban on till September, and I'd be surprised if that doesn't get extended on till about Xmas.

I've also worries about NXT UK in general; I'd worry Vince could scrap the idea of a UK brand from a financial side of things if they can't run shows.

All of that is presuming people will feel safe to go.

Sigh. I hope everything is "better" by then, but unless we take super strict measures (as in, shutting the border to non-essential travel, and focusing on just getting Ireland back to normal without risking new infections getting in), I'm rather pessimistic about this.

nordie here so not up to date with this, where was this published etc, off topic but for the MCR gig in June i have a ticket for, thanks

montyrebel wrote: »
    nordie here so not up to date with this, where was this published etc, off topic but for the MCR gig in June i have a ticket for, thanks
    Government announced on Tuesday,
    All promoters are working to reschedule summer gigs

No refund until promoter has given ticketmaster clarification on cancel or new date..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

Without a vaccine, it wont be realistic to have a typical wrestling event.

no certainty of a vaccine, you think there may never be a wrestling show in ireland again?

• Advertisement

showpony1 wrote: »
    no certainty of a vaccine, you think there may never be a wrestling show in ireland again?

Its so uncertain what will happen in the long term future. Experts predicting a stronger second wave by autumn and into the winter. We arent even past this intial wave yet. Its very hard to speculate what the future holds.

I cant see a lockdown being ended or even partially lifted by May 5th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Its so uncertain what will happen in the long term future. Experts predicting a stronger second wave by autumn and into the winter. We arent even past this intial wave yet. Its very hard to speculate what the future holds.

I cant see a lockdown being ended or even partially lifted by May 5th.

I can.

Very partially limited with certain businesses allowed open, construction sites open and certain WFH restrictions lifted with BIG regulations.

Having said that - events of any size (or pub openings) aint happening any time soon. I also can't see any gig going ahead that have been rescheduled for this year

I can.

Very partially limited with certain businesses allowed open, construction sites open and certain WFH restrictions lifted with BIG regulations.

Having said that - events of any size (or pub openings) aint happening any time soon. I also can't see any gig going ahead that have been rescheduled for this year

In one way I can see it. Plenty of pressure to reduce the lockdown esp with the economy going to **** and unemployment rising among other factors.

On the other side while we have flattened the curve some what, we havent the testing capability to have an accurate picture of how many are infected and thus any relaxation of restrictions could have a negative effect.

Id rather see the lockdown continue currently to be cautious. But it all depends on the public health advice given in the coming days.

So sad should be on route too Dublin now

Social distancing required at events from August

This won’t be going ahead as planned anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement