Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT UK Takeover: Dublin - Show finally cancelled

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,843 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

partial lockdown extended til the 19th April which is one week before this event

doubt it will happen now, best would be a postponement for after the summer

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

91271806_3261203223914101_8704423946071572480_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=dSdj7CTPw4kAX-yOJOd&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=42ae2a85a5cd6ae3a24ee011ca109f1a&oe=5EA0E164

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

91271806_3261203223914101_8704423946071572480_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=dSdj7CTPw4kAX-yOJOd&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=42ae2a85a5cd6ae3a24ee011ca109f1a&oe=5EA0E164

the government have only postponed until 19th of April?

Question now is whether WWE will actually reschedule or move it to the UK PC

bennyl10 wrote: »
    the government have only postponed until 19th of April?

Question now is whether WWE will actually reschedule or move it to the UK PC

No doubt wwe could have the show written and planned out through networking but then you could have logistic issues and all that not been possible with travel bans etc

There were TV tapings scheduled for the week after Dublin in Bournemouth with Glasgow been next on the 24th/25th July. Hard to knw what will happen but very much hoping for a reschedule

3arena have updated their statement to say 19th of April

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I still see it being extended past that date sadly.

Loughc wrote: »
    I still see it being extended past that date sadly.

Oh ya, I can’t see anyway this goes ahead in April!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

There's a chance that Live Nation got word of measures to come and jumped the gun with their announcement. The same way pubs across the country announced they were closing just hours before Leo said they all had to shut - and the very same thing happened again with shops before the latest 'essential workers' announcement.

There's a chance that Live Nation got word of measures to come and jumped the gun with their announcement. The same way pubs across the country announced they were closing just hours before Leo said they all had to shut - and the very same thing happened again with shops before the latest 'essential workers' announcement.

I think It was just a typo Tbh
    They took the March statement which had the 29th in it, and just put April in

Then they edited it fairly quickly

The next extension will be early May you’d assume

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Rescheduled to Sunday October 25th

Rescheduled to October 25th

happy with that, surprised they're going ahead with it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

xnZ1uN7.jpg

Happy with that

Prob be reshuffled a bit match wise

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anyone know if a refund will be possible? Would prefer to get the money back tbh and see again closer to the date

Anyone know if a refund will be possible? Would prefer to get the money back tbh and see again closer to the date

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/articles/360006285854-Cancelled-and-Rescheduled-Events

Cant see Finn straying around this brand til October

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Cant see Finn straying around this brand til October

I'd say they'll rewrite the current plan, especially with no Tampa happening either,
    and just restart it in september ish

Have Walter interfere closer to

I'd say they'll rewrite the current plan, especially with no Tampa happening either,
    and just restart it in september ish

Have Walter interfere closer to

They will prob postpone the TV tapings for the start of May and hopefully get up and running again for the Glasgow tapings in July and maybe have another set of tapings in August/September which will lead up to Dublin

Hard to knw what's going on atm in WWE or the world for that fact

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

PTH2009 wrote: »
    They will prob postpone the TV tapings for the start of May and hopefully get up and running again for the Glasgow tapings in July and maybe have another set of tapings in August/September which will lead up to Dublin

Hard to knw what's going on atm in WWE or the world for that fact

Theres no guarantee that they will reschedule the event in Dublin

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Theres no guarantee that they will reschedule the event in Dublin

They already have

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah the announcement came through their Dublin promoters.

leggo wrote: »
    Yeah the announcement came through their Dublin promoters.

and wwe.com has it updated and such

It will be something to look forward to anyway but still a good bit away

following TV tapings have been cancelled
    Bouremouth- 1st/2nd May
    Download Festival
    Glasgow- 24th/25th July

airing instead is a 'Best Of' show featuring Superstar interviews

Becky Lynch says she wants to be part of NXT UK Takeover
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/other-sport/becky-lynch-says-wants-part-21842576

Becky Lynch says she wants to be part of NXT UK Takeover
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/other-sport/becky-lynch-says-wants-part-21842576

Could replace Finn Balor on the lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seems they ran out of recordings. Or taking a break to spread them out. This week was a look back at the beginnings of NXT UK.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Seems they ran out of recordings. Or taking a break to spread them out. This week was a look back at the beginnings of NXT UK.

Ya they’d taped up to the Dublin date.

Not everything is gone to pot

we hold out in hope of things being much better by the end of October and this going ahead (possibily kick starting everything again)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

There's a few hurdles, I guess.

I really can't see big events like this being allowed this year. They've already extended the ban on till September, and I'd be surprised if that doesn't get extended on till about Xmas.

I've also worries about NXT UK in general; I'd worry Vince could scrap the idea of a UK brand from a financial side of things if they can't run shows.

All of that is presuming people will feel safe to go.

Sigh. I hope everything is "better" by then, but unless we take super strict measures (as in, shutting the border to non-essential travel, and focusing on just getting Ireland back to normal without risking new infections getting in), I'm rather pessimistic about this.

Advertisement