Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jericho playing gigs at some biker rally that has brought 100,000 bikers from all over America to a town that has a population of 7000...

https://twitter.com/christinejuma05/status/1292291353553051650

AEW will probably be riddled with Covid soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

For such a smart man, this is a moronic idea in this panedmic. Stupid idiot indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ffs Jericho what are you doing ? At times people are too clever for their own good. To people of that town didn't want the bikers there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

beakerjoe wrote: »
    For such a smart man, this is a moronic idea in this panedmic. Stupid idiot indeed.

Jericho unfortunately is one of those people who believes the coronavirus is a hoax.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I did enjoy someone replying to that tweet calling him the Ayatollah of Rock and 'Rona.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,366 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Mostly before my time so I don't have many memories of him, but RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,908 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Rip kamala

Only watched a video on YouTube and he featured in it as an opponent (vs umaga in a top 10 most weak finishers)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Kamala has died

Jason King: "Spoke w/ Kamala’s wife. He tested positive Wednesday for COVID which he likely contracted from one of his numerous weekly visits to the dialysis center. Was hospitalized Wednesday night & seemed fine & in good spirits this morning. Went into cardiac arrest & passed this afternoon"

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Fozzy's tour is ironically enough called the Save The World Tour. Which before Covid-19 absolutely upended everything was an okay name for a tour, now however it's a bad name.

I hope Tony Khan tells him to stay the hell away from AEW for 2 weeks. Just push the Jericho/Orange Cassidy match back 2/3 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭ThePott

Yeah not a great name when you're playing mass gatherings during a pandemic.
    Reminds me of George Carlin recording for a special called 'I Kinda Like it When a Lotta People Die' just before 9/11 and having to shelve it.
    Apparently they shelved a Star Trek film that had a plot dealing with a virus wiping out parts of the universe too.
    The title of the Jericho cruise this year was also the Second Wave but I digress.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Fozzy's tour is ironically enough called the Save The World Tour. Which before Covid-19 absolutely upended everything was an okay name for a tour, now however it's a bad name.

I hope Tony Khan tells him to stay the hell away from AEW for 2 weeks. Just push the Jericho/Orange Cassidy match back 2/3 weeks.

Tony Khan disciplining Chris Jericho? That isn't happening.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Tony Khan disciplining Chris Jericho? That isn't happening.

Well for the sake of company talent, he's got to put the foot down.

Jericho's probably getting a nice chunk of change from the Khan's that he can sit out 2 weeks.

Then again, this all could've been avoided had Fozzy not gone out on tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sad to hear about Kamala. Memphis Wrestling did a memorable vignette for him (shot in Jerry Jarrett's back yard).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I remember watching Superstars as a kid and I remember wondering how on earth did they get a native from Uganda on a plane to america! Then I was afraid of him as Kim Chee tried to control him. I thought he was a real cannibal!

Ahh the days of Kayfabe....Great memories as a kid.....

RIP Kamala

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Say what you want about Jericho when it comes conspiracy theories etc however he again shows his generosity by donating $5k to cover the cost of Kamala's funeral expenses.

Say what you want about Jericho when it comes conspiracy theories etc however he again shows his generosity by donating $5k to cover the cost of Kamala's funeral expenses.

Hes a good guy mostly. Hes entitled to his opinion on Covid- but sure no one is perfect.

Hes a good lad in my book overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

It's WWE so I doubt it would've been handled with subtlety or nuance but this sounds like a fascinating idea...

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1294020847242362880?s=19

Instead we got a fake spider.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,908 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

J. Marston wrote: »
    It's WWE so I doubt it would've been handled with subtlety or nuance but this sounds like a fascinating idea...

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1294020847242362880?s=19

Instead we got a fake spider.

In which the wwe writers got lost in the middle of it and abandoned it.

One of the many stories swept under the carpet and never spoken of again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, I'm sure that would be a perfectly acceptable thing to do and wouldn't have anyone complaining.
    I'm assuming that pitch came before he started carrying the cage or they were letting on a tiny woman would be scaring people and biting them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

sky88 wrote: »

https://twitter.com/JonAlba/status/1294296269901443072?s=19

Apparently Fox have been trialing "virtual fans" during baseball and basketball games, and WWE are looking into it as well.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Apparently Fox have been trialing "virtual fans" during baseball and basketball games, and WWE are looking into it as well.

i don't get what ya mean, could u explain this more?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭The White Feather

jaykhunter wrote: »
    i don't get what ya mean, could u explain this more?

Its like this video

Fake fans wont solve the problem. Its a fine idea but I cant see it being much of an improvement. Nothing like the real fans calling Vince an asshole.

Well WWE are used to piping in their own reactions, so "virtual fans" isn't too much of a stretch for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'm liking their stuff so far on Impact. They've been given prominence but of course one can just say big fish, small pond.

In regards the Balor Club, it wasn't even a half hearted effort by Vince so we'll never know what they could of achieved.

For what's it worth I was a 90s kid but when I see the klique being wheeled out, well.....in the words of Max Schrek I cringe Mr Mayor. So IMO Anderson isn't wrong on that count either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

They have some valid points but the 4 of them are very delusional and we’re they fit in the wrestling world good wrestlers but that’s it there not the draws they think they are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They seem to do a very good job at drawing the attention of those fans who like to tell them they aren't a draw and then those fans find the need to post on the internet tell the world about how much a draw they aren't.

Advertisement