Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,054 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

McMurphy wrote: »
    It's not really hard to work out John.

Week 1, there's too many white folk in the civil service.

Week 2, Sinn Fein don't want white, middle class - males votes. (There is a less than subtle insinuation there)

About 12hrs later........

Tweets a lovely photo with best wishes to young Irish black females. (Yet to determine if they're upper/middle or working class mind you)

I thought Enda had a great nack of making complete arsery of things. Leo's in a different league.

So...... just your musing about what someone else is thinking.

Value to the discussion....zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

So...... just your musing about what someone else is thinking.

Value to the discussion....zero.

Thinking?

I'm pretty sure it's what he tweeted, that garnered discussion here, that's thinking out loud and publicly dude.

Leo can think whatever he likes all day long whilst his nuts still hang down dude, it's when he tweets his thoughts on a fairly public platform using his public representative offical account, such as the twitter machine, he's sharing his thoughts with the rest of us, and they warrant a discussion, on a discussion site.

It's not over convoluted nor complicated to understand Brenner, and it's not obligatory to respond with scutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

If anyone was wondering that the Indo is now basically part of FFG.

https://twitter.com/liamkiernan59/status/1293945328354447362?s=19

Thinking?

I'm pretty sure it's what he tweeted, that's thinking out loud dude.

Leo can think whatever he likes all day long whilst his nuts still hang down dude, it's when he tweets his thoughts on a fairly public platform, such as the twitter machine, he's sharing his thoughts with the rest of us, and they warrant a discussion, on a discussion site.

It's not over convoluted nor complicated to understand Brenner, and it's not obligatory to respond with scutter.

Well,a chara, vaccous musings may be fine for you but most of us pay no heed.

That kind of posting reminds me of the ‘Chicken Lickin’’ books for 3 to four year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

smurgen wrote: »
    It's eye-opening that the journal,Irish times and indo all ignored the tweet. After the endless gushing articles and posts by their journalists of FG ministers of late I suppose it was depressingly predicable.

No one cares about it it, only the permanently outraged on Twitter, The Journal, and here.

Complete non story. Beaker Sheehan might write something about it if he’s stuck for something to fill a few column inches and is feeling grumpier than usual.

• Advertisement

Well,a chara, vaccous musings may be fine for you but most of us pay no heed.

That kind of posting reminds me of the ‘Chicken Lickin’’ books for 3 to four year olds.

I apologise profusely for not brightening up my posts with shiny colourful photos of cans of beer Brenner.

White noise is deafening.

No one cares about it it, only the permanently outraged on Twitter, The Journal, and here.

Complete non story. Beaker Sheehan might write something about it if he’s stuck for something to fill a few column inches and is feeling grumpier than usual.

That's the party line anyway. Same line as the Maria Bailey and countless other cock ups. Remember this next election and yer whinging again about populism and remember this. It's not that one side is populist it's more that the other side are so unpopular, in fact they're detestable.

I apologise profusely for not brightening up my posts with shiny colourful photos of cans of beer Brenner.

White noise is deafening.

Few on the go here Randal, should be nicely cooked by around 0230 ish?

You’ll hardly be still on the go by then will you?

Eh.

Few on the go here Randal, should be nicely cooked by around 0230 ish?

You’ll hardly be still on the go by then will you?

Eh.

On a school night:eek:

You never know, I've a day off tomorrow......

On a school night:eek:

You never know, I've a day off tomorrow......

Like his buddy Lieo last night.few vino's and he turned into Trump. All those advisers and assistants you'd think at least one could stopdrunk tweeting.

• Advertisement

That and the 60K house lie pre-election pretty much tells me,all i need to know about the media

Why did ffg vote againest this?

Hedging their bets with China. Sure aren't the same lads cosying up to Biden now that he's running.the same lads that schmoozed trump and pence not so long ago. Very very disposable morals.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Heads of State tend to meet other Heads of State. It's part of realpolitik and statecraft. Not bedsit idealism.

Anyways, wasn't it Sinn Féin who sent a delegation over to Venezuela to attend the inauguration of Maduro? You can get a free house there as well. Only you can't go to a shop to buy essentials to eat in it.

Heads of State tend to meet other Heads of State. It's part of realpolitik and statecraft. Not bedsit idealism.

Anyways, wasn't it Sinn Féin who sent a delegation over to Venezuela to attend the inauguration of Maduro? You can get a free house there as well. Only you can't go to a shop to buy essentials to eat in it.

It's not just heads of state. FG as a party have courted Hungary's far right party Fidesz for years. They regularly met with and voted with them strategically. A right meeting of minds!

Is this true?

There's a good few instances of it documented even though they've tried to wipe evidence. See mister expenses fraud himself in the snap below. Sinister!

https://twitter.com/DaraMurphyEPP/status/1014833374119321600?s=19

There's a good few instances of it documented even though they've tried to wipe evidence. See mister expenses fraud himself in the snap below. Sinister!

I think this tweet best sums them up for me.

https://twitter.com/Davi_Higgs/status/1014958136699031552?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

FG back in Government for a historic third term; riding high in the opinion polls; people of the calibre of Varadkar, Donohoe, Harris, Coveney, Humphreys in Cabinet, and the most invigorated and engaged local party structure I've seen since FitzGerald.

Hugely proud to be a member of a political party who have done so much for this country. Divorce, gay marriage, abortion rights, recognition of the travelling community as an ethnic minority; a State apology to the women who spent years in the laundry system - all delivered under FG governments. Hugely pro the European Union, and our place within it.

A focus on balancing the books, while still delivering the largest increases in inward investment, health budget, and social welfare. A party that was founded on the principal of having a Republic of equals. A proper party of Christian/Social democracy.

And, - ya missed the last bit;- What was the Gift that they awarded to themselves?, and to their pals, f.f., etc., - Yep, - through their well remunerated local authority, factory not-a-blink, bureaucracy - they siphoned through in 2019, the parting Gift to Themselves, of E0.9 Billion euros. It has been said that this E0.9 Billion euros was to Housing. Which it was;- to the Millionaires' List investor houses. The spurious 'Housing List'... remains intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

What goalposts are being moved?

I said then irony on your post would be lost on you, can you elaborate please?

Are you back to inventing a point or argument no-one made?

Leo is like a lightning rod for the cranky malcontent fools on twitter and social media. You see it here as well.

Leo goes for a meal, OUTRAGE
    Leo buys a pair of shoes, OUTRAGE
    Leo goes to the park, OUTRAGE

Its par of the course. Like how a certain poster among us changed their handle to the name his Gay partner. No else on boards.ie has done that for any other politician, yet this was done for Leo. Weird and strange but people do seem to be fascinated by him as a person.

Brilliant. When you run out of argument, throw up something completely unrelated. You're the gift that keeps on giving.:D

But how is the hunt going?

Like, its been what, at least a year when you proclaimed to all, that the video was days away from being leaked..... still waiting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

markodaly wrote: »
    Leo is like a lightning rod for the cranky malcontent fools on twitter and social media. You see it here as well.

Its par of the course. Like how a certain poster among us changed their handle to the name his Gay partner. No else on boards.ie has done that for any other politician, yet this was done for Leo. Weird and strange but people do seem to be fascinated by him as a person.

Like, its been what, at least a year when you proclaimed to all, that the video was days away from being leaked..... still waiting...

Leo made an arse of himself. It got noticed.
    You spend a lot of time posting defending and deflecting for Leo/FG and suggesting people are obsessed with Leo/FG. You see the irony right?

Fact check time!!

https://www.economist.com/the-world-this-week/2019/03/23/politics-this-week

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47622921
    The ruling party of Hungary's right-wing Prime Minister Viktor Orban has been suspended by the European Parliament's biggest grouping in a row over defiance of EU policies.

In an almost unanimous vote, the European People's Party (EPP) agreed to withdraw Fidesz's voting rights.

https://www.politico.eu/article/epp-prolongs-suspension-of-hungarys-fidesz-indefinitely/

Leaders of the European People's Party on Monday agreed to extend the suspension of Hungary’s ruling Fidesz party indefinitely.

A majority of EPP party leaders who gathered in Brussels for their party’s annual political assembly lent their support to EPP President Donald Tusk’s decision to prolong the suspension of Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán’s party over concerns about the rule of law in Hungary and anti-Brussels rhetoric.

Bowie wrote: »
    You spend a lot of time posting defending and deflecting for Leo/FG and suggesting people are obsessed with Leo/FG. You see the irony right?

I would not be so ready to throw stones Matt ;)

• Advertisement

If anyone was wondering that the Indo is now basically part of FFG.

https://twitter.com/liamkiernan59/status/1293945328354447362?s=19

Tweet unavailable, probably said something libellous.

Well that didn't answer anything about "goalposts being moved" - I assume we're not going to get that answered, and instead it's on to the default argue a point no-one ever made to begin with.

Didn't I say something about arguments running out of steam - and how people might resort to throwing up irrelevant auld shyte. :D

Sigh.
    Didn't I say something about arguments running out of steam - and how people might resort to throwing up irrelevant auld shyte. :D

Poor. Very poor.

I would not be so ready to throw stones Matt ;)

Truth hurts.

I know you're on the ropes when you use your safe word 'matt' :)

"Smugbob Torypants" :)

Bowie wrote: »
    Truth hurts.

I know you're on the ropes when you use your safe word 'matt' :)

Classic, you seem obsessed about Leo Varadkar.
    Genuinely, you are.

Traweling the net to find out what he is up to, from Water Whispers, to Twitter, hell you renamed your handle to be the same as his Gay partner for crying out loud. Now that is real dedication to the cause!

Genuinely, you are.

Traweling the net to find out what he is up to, from Water Whispers, to Twitter, hell you renamed your handle to be the same as his Gay partner for crying out loud. Now that is real dedication to the cause!

He's just an unlikeable person and a snob. More thank likely a actual bad egg in real life too which I don't believe many politician are. I find the railing against Twitter here hilarious. I love twitter as if cannot be controlled. If we had blue hugh and the likes of the Spindo and Irish times to rely on you might aswell be living in an alternative universe as their views and narratives bare very little semblance to reality. They are working now as the PR wing of the FG party.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

He's just an unlikeable person and a snob. More thank likely a actual bad egg in real life too which I don't believe many politician are. I find the railing against Twitter here hilarious. I love twitter as if cannot be controlled. If we had blue hugh and the likes of the Spindo and Irish times to rely on you might aswell be living in an alternative universe as their views and narratives bare very little semblance to reality. They are working now as the PR wing of the FG party.

Dont worry Leo has done more damage to FG (than any leader in recent memory, election showed us that) all the while working as PR for new voters for SF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Dont worry Leo has done more damage to FG (than any leader in recent memory, election showed us that) all the while working as PR for new voters for SF

I'll pretend this is your genuine view for the moment.

I think Varadkar is a bit of a spoofer, and think Coveney (SC) has a bit more substance to him, but it's far from guaranteed SC would have done better in the election. Had SC been made leader, this would have been coming off his his stint in housing and does anyone think their opponents would not have made hay during the election with this? The main issues of health and housing would still have existed and I recall some here talking about SC having a poor performance on TV during the campaign (although I didn't see it). For all his faults, Leo performed fairly well in the GE debates.

Genuinely, you are.

I'm posting on people and policies of government. I raise issues and incidences.
    You post on why you think people shouldn't be posting. You get personal.

Who has the problem here?

The WWN popped up on my Facebook feed. Here you are suggesting anyone with news about the Tánaiste of the country, the gaffe prone former Taoiseach had to go looking :)

You use Varadkar's sexuality constantly. I never have.
    It's an insult to the gay community. It's despicable and homophobic. On another thread you are sexist trying to argue that a woman can't be involved in a discussion without it being about her sex. It's the same hang up you have with Varadkar. That's an issue you have. You need look at yourself dude.
    Instead of taking the post for it's content you use Varadkar's sexuality to try score a sly dig. Pathetic Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

christy c wrote: »
    I'll pretend this is your genuine view for the moment.

I think Varadkar is a bit of a spoofer, and think Coveney (SC) has a bit more substance to him, but it's far from guaranteed SC would have done better in the election. Had SC been made leader, this would have been coming off his his stint in housing and does anyone think their opponents would not have made hay during the election with this? The main issues of health and housing would still have existed and I recall some here talking about SC having a poor performance on TV during the campaign (although I didn't see it). For all his faults, Leo performed fairly well in the GE debates.

He performed well in the debates in your opinion but performed worse than anyone in FG can imagine when it counted election day

Now he's tweeting in support of the Brown Thomas workers but nothing for the Debenhams workers.

I really think he's lost it a bit since he was shell-shocked over SF beating him in the elections.

Advertisement