Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow watch until Sunday 24th (N,W,SW most at risk)

Options
1777879808183»

Comments

It looks like it's had a lot of rain fall on it and it could not be refreezing in current temps
    There's no way that's powder snow any more

• Registered Users Posts: 23,528 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

We need to keep a close eye on Sunday. Increasing snow event potential. Particularly North Connaught, Ulster and North Leinster for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I know its extremly unlikely but it would be great if this became an all snow event. I have gotten greedy since the last fall!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Donegal Ken

We need to keep a close eye on Sunday. Increasing snow event potential. Particularly North Connaught, Ulster and North Leinster for now.

That's for sure. Ecmwf picking up on this since Yesterday. Gfs and GEM also showing something on Sunday possibly into Monday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

As stated the snow melt above 300 metres is very slow. It is only 3c and the snow is frozen and quite deep.

(Yes it is frozen on the grass, I stepped on it and had to push hard to get it to compress).

• Advertisement

That's for sure. Ecmwf picking up on this since Yesterday. Gfs and GEM also showing something on Sunday possibly into Monday.

Yes and again it looks to be a South Ulster only snow event. Yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Donegal Ken

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    Yes and again it looks to be a South Ulster only snow event. Yet again.

Still around 5 days out but regardless its a possible snow event and may not even come to that but if you love snow you should be happy to see the model projecting this within a good enough timeframe. If we where still to see something like this on models come Thursday evening into Friday then I would have good confidence some areas will see some snow by the end of Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,528 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Something like this on Aprege is near best case for Sunday. The more system is elongated on approach and sliding southeast in it's shape like this the better for the rest of us in terms of snow fall.

arpegeeur-0-114.png?12

Chance is there. Let's see how this evolves.

If the rest of the island gets snow from a low, I receive nothing. So only better for the southern half, which has already received snow from a depression.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

If the rest of the island gets snow from a low, I receive nothing. So only better for the southern half, which has already received snow from a depression.

Oh yeah, I'm realllllll happy with my 20mins of wet sh*te that settled on nothing.

It's not a competition you know, the weather isn't doing you wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Bet your brilliant fun at parties eh :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Think we are pretty much done here , hopefully the next one is not too far away .......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement