Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ledwill Park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pablosd9

Tej29 wrote: »
    Strange....I was told the Park for those number as available :-), not sure about The Way.

Anyways congratulations on your new home... :-)

Yes we were told the same, those numbers we’re still available and we actually put a deposit down for one of the houses on “The Way”. I think we can all only guess which are going to be social houses, unless someone has some good contacts with the developer. I will email the estate agent to see if they know anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Tej29

Any one who has moved in, done underfloor heating installing in Sanderling Type B. Just wanted to estimate the cost. Any details would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 robinse3

colly10 wrote: »
    So are people being told October/November for The Park? Any specific number blocks or that road.
    I bought in the second phase but agreed to move to The Park after they messed things up, they told us the Summer when we agreed to switch though, really hoping it doesn't drag till the end of the year now.

We also bought on "The Way" and where told October/November

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Marti_88

Hi all, we have bought on the Park and have been told the summer, the builder seemed quite optimistic about that when we were speaking to him at the weekend. We were also told that the the Park and the Way were available to buy and when we went back the next day there were much more red stickers on them, basically only a hand ful were remaining. I have a few questions for anyone from first phase who bought 4 bed (Dove type). We can't seem to get solid answers from developer/Estate agent and its frustrating, so if anyone can answer that would b so great! Did the house come with wardrobes in the master and bedroom 2 & 3 like in the show house? Is there an outside light at front of house? There is no window to open in the kitchen apart from the patio doors, is this an issue for anyone? We would love to pay difference to have different panels with windows installed instead but don't think it's a runner. Also is the store room on he landing of 3rd floor actually storage or is it unusable?? Thanks so much for any help.

Marti_88 wrote: »
    We would love to pay difference to have different panels with windows installed instead but don't think it's a runner. Also is the store room on he landing of 3rd floor actually storage or is it unusable?? Thanks so much for any help.

When we put the deposit down, the estate agent said that the developer has a strict "no changes/customisation" policy on the builds of any sort, this is so they can meet the deadlines and deliver houses on time. You might have to accept the layout as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Marti_88

Yeah I think so, we knew we were chancing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭localscientist

robinse3 wrote: »
    We where told that 1-5 The Park and 1-6 The Way are being held back by Glenveagh so that would suggest they are social housing

Is this for certain or? Have also bought on The Park, a Sanderling C

Is this for certain or? Have also bought on The Park, a Sanderling C

Not sure as we were given choice to pick one of these. We also have booked one of The Park.

Not sure as we were given choice to pick one of these. We also have booked one of The Park.

Hiya neighbour so! We are going to the open day tomorrow so will see can we find out any info.

Hiya neighbour so! We are going to the open day tomorrow so will see can we find out any info.

Cool...nice to know about the neighbours :-)

We too were planning to come tomorrow but not able to do now...will you be able to get measurements for flooring estimate ? Also if you get any related to underfloor heating costing there.

If there will more open viewings may be will visit then.

• Advertisement

Cool...nice to know about the neighbours :-)

We too were planning to come tomorrow but not able to do now...will you be able to get measurements for flooring estimate ? Also if you get any related to underfloor heating costing there.

If there will more open viewings may be will visit then.

They won't give us any floor measurements I'm afraid, we tried asking already. Someone here sent me on their own measurements for areas needing flooring and downstairs it was 41sqm and stairs and upstairs 51sqm (I think, off the top of my head)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 hovek

We also bought Sanderling C on the Park and were told it should all be done for the summer. Developer won't supply any measurements cause "each house is hand built and dimensions can vary slightly". Looking on the proposed planning for social housing on kildare cc site it looks like the tarace houses on The Way are the once allocated. We did contact the agent regarding the amount of social houses and it's still capped at 10% if that helps.

hovek wrote: »
    We also bought Sanderling C on the Park and were told it should all be done for the summer. Developer won't supply any measurements cause "each house is hand built and dimensions can vary slightly". Looking on the proposed planning for social housing on kildare cc site it looks like the tarace houses on The Way are the once allocated. We did contact the agent regarding the amount of social houses and it's still capped at 10% if that helps.

Can you provide a link to this plan? I was told this phase was sold to private individuals and last weekend (on the first day) there was no dots on majority of houses so they were available to buy.

pablosd9 wrote: »
    Can you provide a link to this plan? I was told this phase was sold to private individuals and last weekend (on the first day) there was no dots on majority of houses so they were available to buy.

I can't post links :/

Go to Kildare county council/ Online Planning Enquiries
    Planning Application: 161345
    Look for 19/06/2017 - incl. Site MasterPlan & Landscaping
    Page 12 i think, but check it for Part V.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

Over 20 houses were sold in the new phase last weekend to private individuals.
    I can't post links :/

Go to Kildare county council/ Online Planning Enquiries
    Planning Application: 161345
    Look for 19/06/2017 - incl. Site MasterPlan & Landscaping
    Page 12 i think, but check it for Part V.

Over 20 houses were sold in the new phase last weekend to private individuals.

Nobody said they weren't. I was referring to the overall plan for social housing being capped at 10%.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 robinse3

Does anyone know if the houses come with blinds? We where up there today and it seemed that a lot of the houses that havnt been handed over yet have blinds in them

robinse3 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the houses come with blinds? We where up there today and it seemed that a lot of the houses that havnt been handed over yet have blinds in them

They don't come with blinds

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tolow

Hey,

For anyone that has moved in already or familiar with commuting to Dublin by train how do ye find it? I will be driving myself but if we decide on kilcock my partner will be travelling by train. I was looking on the Facebook group for public transport in Kilcock and it seems a lot of people having issues.

Obviously a much better frequency of rail services from Maynooth but prices obviously are more in Mynooth.

Thanks in advance!

Yes I know. Was merely pointing it out as I know the agents.
    Nobody said they weren't. I was referring to the overall plan for social housing being capped at 10%.

• Advertisement

Train is packed but bus service is beyond terrible.

Maynooth will have dart in next few years which will be great as it's so close.
    tolow wrote: »
    Hey,

For anyone that has moved in already or familiar with commuting to Dublin by train how do ye find it? I will be driving myself but if we decide on kilcock my partner will be travelling by train. I was looking on the Facebook group for public transport in Kilcock and it seems a lot of people having issues.

Obviously a much better frequency of rail services from Maynooth but prices obviously are more in Mynooth.

Thanks in advance!

FYI no social housing on park or way.

FYI no social housing on park or way.

How do we know this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Train is packed but bus service is beyond terrible.

Maynooth will have dart in next few years which will be great as it's so close.
    The train is not packed and the bus service is fine.
    There is also the option of the Kearns bus from Cloncurry.

How do we know this ?

Specifically asked and was told all except 1 have a booking deposit down as private individual buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tolow

The train is not packed and the bus service is fine.
    There is also the option of the Kearns bus from Cloncurry.

Hi Marie,

Thanks for the reply. Do you use the train yourself? Finding it ok?

Hi Marie,

Yes and it's fine.

The train is packed but reliable.Standing room most mornings and evenings but this is the same throughout the country

The 115 bus is always late and sometimes has to leave people behind whether going into Dublin or coming back in the evening.

Look for a page on facebook called: "Public Transport issues for commuters, Kilcock"

Everything you need is there.

Hi Marie,

The train is packed but reliable.Standing room most mornings and evenings but this is the same throughout the country

The 115 bus is always late and sometimes has to leave people behind whether going into Dublin or coming back in the evening.

Look for a page on facebook called: "Public Transport issues for commuters, Kilcock"

Everything you need is there.

The 8 AM and 7:25 AM trains have plenty of seats.
    The Facebook page is run by morons who think that Dublin Bus is a panacea for all ills.

If you want a real reason not to move to Kilcock try drugs gangs and overcrowded schools.

• Advertisement

I live in kilcock. Havent noticed the drugs or the gangs. I tend to see more of that in Maynooth.

Bus eireann is rubbish. I had used Kearns which were superb and reliable. The complete opposite when it came to Bus Eireann. The 66 to kilcock was a way better service, I'm from the area and remember how good that was back in the day.

Primary schools are fine and a new secondary school is being built to relieve the overcrowding.

The 8 AM and 7:25 AM trains have plenty of seats.
    The Facebook page is run by morons who think that Dublin Bus is a panacea for all ills.

If you want a real reason not to move to Kilcock try drugs gangs and overcrowded schools.

Advertisement