Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

short space cartoon that was ALWAYS on rte in the 80's

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

This seems the best place to post this but on the subject of old Halas & Batchelor cartoons that used to be on RTE in the 80's there's a couple that I remember. There was this one off cartoon that they were always showing about a wrestler called Hairy Hercules. I remember he kind of looked like Captain Caveman or Roald Dahl's Mr Twit with long straggly hair and beard. He was fighting a wrestler called the Terrible Turk who was bald and wore a fez and who when he was introduced in the ring was doing this sort of Egyptian walk. If my memory serves me right the Terrible Turk finds out that Hairy Hercules is tickleish and defeats him by tickling him. Hairy Hercules then has to go and overcome his tickleishness to come back and beat him.

The other one that I only vaguely remember is about a husband and wife and she is really bossy, she starts saying that she wants a mink (mink coat) and it shows her mouth getting bigger and bigger as she shouts "I wanna mink" over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 rubberneck

Bump for new users assistance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I think the main character was knighted by the queen near the end of the cartoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Live at Three

The guy gets up in the morning and shaves. He puts on too much foam and it goes all over his head. He gets into his rocket and goes up to space where he sees loads of weird stuff, possibly some aliens hopping around on space hoppers.

Or else my memory is completely wrong and I made that all up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

branie2 wrote: »
    I think the main character was knighted by the queen near the end of the cartoon.
    The guy gets up in the morning and shaves. He puts on too much foam and it goes all over his head. He gets into his rocket and goes up to space where he sees loads of weird stuff, possibly some aliens hopping around on space hoppers.

Or else my memory is completely wrong and I made that all up.

You're not imagining things, those details ring a bell here.

Advertisement