Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide :: The WORST song of all time!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Reberetta...HOW did you learn about the musical stylings of Jan?

It's a long, tragic story of bittersweet tears, misspent youth and romance that wasn't meant to be in an ancient and forgotten land.

Someday, over a campfire, when I am ready, I shall relate it to you-if I deem you worthy child-and you can then pass the forbidden lore down to future generations. Until then, I leave you with this...

Fun fact: she went on tour with Marilyn Manson.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

quickbeam wrote: »
    Actually, I dislike titles in real life too. I don't quite see the point in them.

I used to work in retail and whenever myself and one of my colleagues were addressed as "sir" or "ma'am", which wasn't that often in fairness, we'd turn to each other and make gagging faces... Titles are a real pet peeve of mine... Gendered ones, especially.

giphy.gif

Rikand wrote: »
    If you don't know someones name, you use them

Sir/Ma'am if you don't know their name at all

Mr/Mrs if you don't know their first name

Dr if they are a medical professional or a pretentious wanker

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Ah no, I think the Winner should be a song that makes you so angry that you want to rip the stereo from the wall and launch it through the window and just smash the place up.

Good bad songs are another competition altogether. What you want here is music you'd use to torture someone.

The Fox is too good to be The Absolute Worst

That's how Ronan Keating murdering Friends in Time makes me feel. While that version exists the fox will never be the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Round 1!!!

First song to reach 5 votes advances

No need for a reason at this point, though people are always welcome to give theirs :D

Reminder :: You are voting for the WORST song in each one of these matches

Round 1/Match 1

Nelly - Hot In Here

Vs

Dionne Warwick - Do you know the way to San Jose

really don't like anything about it, lalalalalalala

Round 1/Match 2

Crowded House - Take the weather with you

Vs

Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile

Hate the vocals, the lyrics. Hate the fact that it got and still gets massive airplay.

Stupid song from a stupid man who looks like he should be on some sort of watchlist. A favourite of drunken arseholes when it was first released.

Round 1/Match 3

The Monkees - Daydream Believer

Vs

3 of a kind - Babycakes

Round 1/Match 4

Silent A3 - Watch Me

Vs

The Tweets - The Birdie Song

Meaningless lyrics, and everyone in the video trying to be something they are not in an effort to be uber cool. F Right Off.

Nelly - Hot In Here Vs Dionne Warwick - Do you know the way to San Jose
    Crowded House - Take the weather with you Vs Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile
    The Monkees - Daydream Believer Vs 3 of a kind - Babycakes
    Silent A3 - Watch Me Vs The Tweets - The Birdie Song

• Advertisement

Whoops.

Didn't mean to click post on that. Ah sure, we'll be grand. Probably not too many still awake at this time to get a flurry of votes :D

Dionne Warwick - Do You Know the Way to San Jose ; I like Hot In Herre, so gotta go with Dionne Warwick on this one

Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile ; Weather With You is a great song and whoever nominated it is wrong. Aon Focal Eile is indeed terrible

3 of a Kind - Babycakes ; whoever nominated Daydream Believer is now on my list of enemies, The Monkees are awesome!!! I quite like Babycakes, and against any other song it'd probably be the one I prefer, but I can't vote for Daydream Believer

The Tweets - The Birdie Song ; I hate it. Not crazy about the other either, but I really hate The Birdie Song

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Nelly - Hot In Here Vs Dionne Warwick - Do you know the way to San Jose
    Crowded House - Take the weather with you Vs Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile
    The Monkees - Daydream Believer Vs 3 of a kind - Babycakes had forgotten this existed, it's pure shite
    Silent A3 - Watch Me Vs The Tweets - The Birdie Song

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Dionne Warwick - Do you know the way to San Jose
    The Monkees - Daydream Believer 3 of a kind - Babycakes
    Abstain

Picking these because I like the others

Edit, didnt mean to pick the monkees, this still confuses me

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Round 1/Match 1 Nelly - Hot In Here (Don't think it'll go far in the competition, but it's the worst song in this match up
    Round 1/Match 2 Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile (Cringe inducing)
    Round 1/Match 3 3 of a kind - Babycakes (Can't stand this genre of music so happy to vote them in)
    Round 1/Match 4 Silent A3 - Watch Me (What happens when you let the algorithm have the final say. Over produced, over-hyped noise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Nelly - Hot In Here. I hate Burt Bacharach songs so much, but not quite as much as the sh*te that gets pawned off as R&B these days.

Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile. In any other universe that godawful Crowded House song would walk this, but this "song" is an absolute abomination.

3 of a kind - Babycakes. I don't know who nominated The Monkees, but if I ever find out I'm coming for you.

The Tweets - The Birdie Song. No explanation needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Dionne Warwick - Do you know the way to San Jose. Not a bad song really but Nelly’s an old fave of mine.

Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile. Embarrassing immature sh*te adored by the type of people that call you ‘lad’ and think drinking is a personality.

3 of a kind - Babycakes. Absolute f*cking poison. Hope it wins the lot. No wonder we never heard from these wankpuffins again.

The Tweets - The Birdie Son. Because not only do I like to whip, but I also like to nae nae.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Zaph wrote: »
    Nelly - Hot In Here. I hate Burt Bacharach songs so much, but not quite as much as the sh*te that gets pawned off as R&B these days.

18 years ago, hardly these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,610 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Nelly - Hot In Here Vs Dionne Warwick - Do you know the way to San Jose. Don't think either song is bad but I'll go with Dionne Warwick

Crowded House - Take the weather with you Vs Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile. Has to be Richie Kavanagh even though it isn't all that bad

The Monkees - Daydream Believer Vs 3 of a kind - Babycakes. I kind of like daydream believer so Babycakes it is

Silent A3 - Watch Me Vs The Tweets - The Birdie Song. The Birdie Song, complete nonsense!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Dionne Warwick. That Nelly song was alright when it originally came out.

I'd have voted the Monkees too because I see them as 70s Beatles wannabes. And I hate The Beatles.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Although now having had my memory rejogged about that Babycakes song I agree it is awful awful stuff.

It's no Swagger Jagger mind :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Nelly - Hot In Here
    3 of a kind - Babycakes
    Silent A3 - Watch Me

Daydream Believer is another atrocious inclusion in here - shame on whoever nominated it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Dionne Warwick - Do you know the way to San Jose (cringey earworm)
    3 of a kind - Babycakes
    Silent A3 - Watch Me (they're both awful, but the chicken dance is a classic)

:o I kinda like that Monkees tune.

Nelly - Hot In Here [4] Vs Dionne Warwick - Do you know the way to San Jose [5]
    Crowded House - Take the weather with you [0] Vs Richie Kavanagh - Aon Focal Eile [5]
    The Monkees - Daydream Believer [0] Vs 3 of a kind - Babycakes [5]

Silent A3 - Watch Me [4] Vs The Tweets - The Birdie Song [5]

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Omackeral wrote: »
    18 years ago, hardly these days!

Fair point, but he ain't no Chuck Berry or Sam Cooke. What's classed as R&B since the 80s has pretty much no rhythm and it most certainly isn't the blues.

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote:
    Silent A3 - Watch Me [4] Vs The Tweets - The Birdie Song [4]

Birdie Song.

One of my picks, god awful nonsense altogether

Round 1!!!

First song to reach 5 votes advances

No need for a reason at this point, though people are always welcome to give theirs :D

Reminder :: You are voting for the WORST song in each one of these matches

Round 1/Match 5

Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge over troubled waters

Vs

Soulja Boy - Crank That

Hated everything about this. The chorus, the lyrics, the oversized outfits. EVER.Y.THING But most espicially that horrible xylophone note throughout.

Round 1/Match 6

The Chats - Smoko

Vs

Mark Gormley

Round 1/Match 7

C1 - Virus

Vs

Eamon - **** it (I dont want you back) {NSFW} - [Not Safe For Work - language]

Round 1/Match 8

Sean Kingston - Fire Burning

Vs

Dennis Waterman and George Cole - What are we gonna get er indoors

Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge over troubled waters Vs Soulja Boy - Crank That
    The Chats - Smoko Vs Mark Gormley
    C1 - Virus Vs Eamon - **** it (I dont want you back)
    Sean Kingston - Fire Burning Vs Dennis Waterman and George Cole - What are we gonna get er indoors

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Another classic nominated there, so I have to go with:

Soulja Boy - Crank That

Rikand wrote:
    Soulja Boy - Crank That

Rikand wrote:
    C1 - Virus

Rikand wrote:

Votes above.

Sean Kingston is awful. I mean super mega awful (and my nomination :pac: )

Soulja Boy - Crank That ; pure sh**e and Bridge Over Troubled Water is a classic

The Chats - Smoko ; both are fairly decent actually, but Mark Gormley oozes personality and doesn't deserve to be here

Eamon - **** it (I dont want you back) ; Eamon can F*** off, dreadful song. Virus isn't the worst for something thrown together

Dennis Waterman and George Cole - What are we gonna get er indoors ; both crap, but this one especially so. Still think Cliff Richard was worse though and should be here instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Soulja Boy - Crank That
    The Chats - Smoko
    C1 - Virus

Sean Kingston going round calling women Shorty when he himself is a bonafide RUNT should be enough to garner him support in this :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,610 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Soulja Boy - Crank That
    Mark Gromley
    C1 - Virus
    Dennis Waterman and George Cole - What are we gonna get er indoors

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge over troubled waters, the other is muck but this is worse.

C1 - Virus, I like the other song

• Advertisement

Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge over troubled waters [1] Vs Soulja Boy - Crank That [5]
    The Chats - Smoko [2] Vs Mark Gormley - Without You [1]
    C1 - Virus [4] Vs Eamon - **** it (I dont want you back) [1]
    Sean Kingston - Fire Burning [2] Vs Dennis Waterman and George Cole - What are we gonna get er indoors [2]

Advertisement