Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide :: The WORST song of all time!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Reberetta wrote: »
    ^I think Jan is ahead 4-3 in this match-up. If you look at post 19 in the thread it was edited 20 minutes after it was posted and it might affect some outcomes.

Ronan Keating Friends In Time
    Alison Gold Chinese Food
    Lenny Kravitz Fly Away
    Counting Crows Big Yellow Taxi

Thank you for the spot. I'll do a recount back through the thread now

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

quickbeam wrote: »
    Because Cliff Richard isn't that bad

giphy.gif

You're probably one of those weirdos that gets up and dances and sings along when Congratulations comes on... :rolleyes:

It is literally the worst "popular" song of all-time... It sickens me...

giphy.gif

LOL at The Fox (What Does The Fox Say). WTF! And it's not even getting to round 1!

To be fair. The song that has beaten it is horrific

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Not sure if any of these are still to be resolved, but my votes in bold just in case

Jan Terri - Skyrockets 3 Vs Silent A3 - Watch Me 3
    Dennis Waterman & George Cole - What are we gonna get 'er indoors 3 Vs Cliff Richard - Congratulations 2
    Jenna Rose - My Jeans 4 Vs Ylvis - What does the fox say 2
    DJ Otzi - Hey Baby 4Vs Sydnee McGee - Lit Right Now 3
    Ronan Keating - Friends in Time 3 Vs Chuck Berry - My Ding-A-Ling 3
    Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away 3 Vs Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven 2
    Alison Gold - Chinese Food 4 Vs Madonna Feat Maluma - Medellin 2

LOL at The Fox (What Does The Fox Say). WTF! And it's not even getting to round 1!

Is this your first time hearing it?

It's a bit of a grower to be fair. Singing along on New Years @3am with a group of 25 of your friends in the garden of the house you've rented in the back arse of Mayo and its one of the most fun songs in the world. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

Is this your first time hearing it?

Yes.

For me, there are billions of bad songs, but the song that should win this competition should be so bad it's good. It takes a special talent to produce something so atrocious it's memorable and one actually wants to listen to it again.

The Fox qualifies and it's a shame it's going out. But I still have my beloved Jan Terri.

Yes.

To me, there are billions of bad songs, but the song that should win this competition should be so bad it's good. It takes a special talent to produce something so atrocious it's memorable and one actually wants to listen to it again.

The Fox qualifies and it's a shame it's going out. But I still have my beloved Jan Terri.

Ah no, I think the Winner should be a song that makes you so angry that you want to rip the stereo from the wall and launch it through the window and just smash the place up.

Good bad songs are another competition altogether. What you want here is music you'd use to torture someone.

The Fox is too good to be The Absolute Worst

im so furious that ppl defended the velvet underground as a band

let alone that ****ing track

which has absolutely zero merit and should've seen them all garroted

Only 1 match remaining for the prelim. All other matches resolved

Jan Terri - Skyrockets [4] Vs Silent A3 - Watch Me [4]

Dennis Waterman & George Cole - What are we gonna get 'er indoors [5] Vs Cliff Richard - Congratulations [2]
    Jenna Rose - My Jeans [5] Vs Ylvis - What does the fox say [2]
    DJ Otzi - Hey Baby [5] Vs Sydnee McGee - Lit Right Now [3]

Ronan Keating - Friends in Time [5] Vs Chuck Berry - My Ding-A-Ling [3]

Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away [5] Vs Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven [3]

Alison Gold - Chinese Food [5] Vs Madonna Feat Maluma - Medellin [2]

I still probably wont get any of round 1 started tonight, so we'll start that in the morning from whatever time I wake up. 9 or 10 I guess :) If that last match is still outstanding, I'll call it in the morning. In the meantime, feel free to take it out of my hands.

Thats the hate we are looking for

• Advertisement

I cant believe Sydnee McGee is gone myself. I thought it had a real chance to be a winner. What a terrible terrible song. Similar to another very famous one in its terribleness. A song you are likely to see later in this competition

Ah no, I think the Winner should be a song that makes you so angry that you want to rip the stereo from the wall and launch it through the window and just smash the place up.

I respectfully disagree sir.

For me, that sounds more like the most overplayed song ever, another competition we should run.:D

That would be a song evoking an emotional reaction, so that wouldn't be the worst song ever. It'd be how I'd react to an angry heavy metal song.

The worst song ever would be entirely forgettable and boring. Apathy is the opposite of love, not hatred.:p

Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away Vs Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven - clearly not the worst song of all time but protest vote because I actually like Fly Away and would listen to it more often.

Paris Hilton - Stars are blind Vs Don McLean - American Pie - I don't care if it's already too late, this fúcking excuse for a song is the nadir of 20th century music. Paris Hilton is a modern-day Mozart compared to it.

Alison Gold - Chinese Food Vs Madonna Feat Maluma - Medellin - Chinese Food is pretty irredeemably awful.

Westlife - You Raise Me Up Vs Baby Bird - You're Gorgeous - I can see why people don't like You're Gorgeous but I think it's ok, the lyrics are actually really dark. Much more satisfying than yet another over-produced Westlife cover.

Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines Vs Cher Lloyd - Swagger Jagger - Admittedly there is the question hanging over it about whether or not it's a bit....rapey but otherwise Blurred Lines is a pretty cool tune. Swagger Jagger is just noise.
    Kolido wrote: »
    Paris Hilton - Stars are blind, kinda like this tune, but not more than american pie. Did someone nominate the wrong version?

Nope, I absolutely did not. The only reason I don't hate the Madonna version is because it's pretty much impossible to make the original worse; approximately 2 hours (at least that's what it feels like) of the exact same bland riff and flat vocals over and over and over and over and over.....I literally cannot over-emphasise just how much I hate American Pie and hate Don McLean for unleashing it on the world. And the fact that it's generally considered a great song is mind-blowing - yes, a terrible plane crash killed young musicians infinitely more talented than Don McLean and that was incredibly sad but paying lip-service to that event in such a horrendously awful rubbish bag of a song should be regarded as an insult to their memories, not a tribute.

I'd listen to Paris Hilton on repeat for 24 hours before I'd willingly listen to a single second of American Fúcking Pie. :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I love American Pie :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Feck it. I'll cast a vote for Silent A3 Watch Me

ah Homer you're wrong on Don McLean and the people have spoken. :P

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Yeah, but in fairness, did you see the awful muck they were up against. That's a potential winner right there.

I respectfully disagree sir.

I'm not a "sir"

I'm not a "sir"

Lady LeVar has a nice ring to it alright :D

• Advertisement

So, I've already pissed off ASLB and Homer, and we're only on page 3. :P

Jan Terri - Skyrockets [4] Vs Silent A3 - Watch Me [5]

And thats the prelim completed

See you in the morning for Round 1 proper.

The reason I'm not doing the round 1 now is that I forgot to include the prelim winners in the other draw, so I have to do some splicing and dicing lol

See you in the morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Rikand wrote: »
    I cant believe Sydnee McGee is gone myself. I thought it had a real chance to be a winner. What a terrible terrible song. Similar to another very famous one in its terribleness. A song you are likely to see later in this competition

Its horrendous, I thought that would at least deserve a semi final

More Jan Terri to come later. Regretfully, I couldn't include this one in my nominations.

Oh I forgot! I call everyone sir, even my mother.

Ah it's okay, its just one of those things that personally bugs me... Sir and Mr really get under my skin, and I can't help but be like "ew, no" when someone says it... It's an automatic reflex to dispute it...

giphy.gif
    Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Lady LeVar has a nice ring to it alright :D

Nope, not quite where I was going, but definitely prefer it to "sir"

giphy.gif

Reberetta...HOW did you learn about the musical stylings of Jan?

Also wtf was that jeans song? Where do people hear these monstrosities?

giphy.gif

Actually, I dislike titles in real life too. I don't quite see the point in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

A good time to make it up to them ;)

• Advertisement

Actually, I dislike titles in real life too. I don't quite see the point in them.

If you don't know someones name, you use them

Sir/Ma'am if you don't know their name at all

Mr/Mrs if you don't know their first name

Dr if they are a medical professional or a pretentious wanker

Advertisement