Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hella Mega Tour 2020 (Green Day, Fall Out Boy & Weezer) 29th June 2020 RDS Arena

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,880 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Cant imagine there been a rush on Friday morning as a lot of esp here would have access to pre sales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Its more the price of the ticket, instead of needless ticketmaster money, which I agree is a totally joke, especially when you go Eticket :pac:

Yup the quality of tix they post now is rubbish too what are we paying them for? zero fees at an outlet then where they print a proper ticket?? Mad really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

No need for it should be fcfs I'm sure you were more than delighted to pay TM fees too :)

of course not but I'd have to pay them anyway.
    As someone that would have qued all day to get a pit pass, I'm more than happy to pay a nominal fee so I can have a day in the city/ do some of work

I see why some people would be against it, bit its not Bon Jovi/Stones level of gouging

yeap, but if you want one, just get it now....code is in the thread

ticketmaster saying GC is gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

bennyl10 wrote: »

I just got 2 there, had to try 3 times though.....but they are still there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

MCD presale is tomorrow and the general sale is on Friday and they'll have more. They won't allocate all the tickets to one presale.

of course not but I'd have to pay them anyway.
    As someone that would have qued all day to get a pit pass, I'm more than happy to pay a nominal fee so I can have a day in the city/ do some of work

Not what I meant as said previously, people can queue at silly times if that's what they desire to get near barrier or what not, pitch 1 (GC for Green Day) (not even a circle btw haha) was sold at no extra cost to Foos last year but was fcfs. Gold circle isnt really a pit is it, the reality is its about 40% of the standing area.

Not what I meant as said previously, people can queue at silly times if that's what they desire to get near barrier or what not, pitch 1 (GC for Green Day) (not even a circle btw haha) was sold at no extra cost to Foos last year but was fcfs. Gold circle isnt really a pit is it, the reality is its about 40% of the standing area.

It's a lot less than 40%. It's about a quarter of the standing area if not less. It sits in front of essentially one of the five Anglesea blocks. The rest of the standing area is in front of the other four with a little bit more at the back. I've stood and sat at RDS gigs and it's certainly no more than 25/30%. It does vary by gig but even on that new seat map for this gig, it's no bigger than 25%.

It's a lot less than 40%. It's about a quarter of the standing area if not less. It sits in front of essentially one of the five Anglesea blocks. The rest of the standing area is in front of the other four with a little bit more at the back. I've stood and sat at RDS gigs and it's certainly no more than 25/30%. It does vary by gig but even on that new seat map for this gig, it's no bigger than 25%.

I didn't say exactly 40% I said about 40% it's definitely at least a third of the alotted cap for sure even look at the photo posted pits were or at least used to be a select 100 or so not in their thousands, was on either side of pitch standing over 2 gigs this summer and this was the case it didn't vary by gig and bear in mind they never sell tickets to severely clog the back health and safety and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭circular flexing

sugarman wrote: »
    They're not. They're the polar opposite.

I've paid $25 to see the likes of Slipknot, Slayer, Anthrax, Motorhead and a dozen other bands at one festival ..and same for Korn, Rob Zombie, Lamb of God etc.. at another.

Foo Fighters with Weezer was also only $35.

I don't know where the other poster saw $200+ for the Hella Mega gig.. they start at $39.50.

Yeah $39.50 to sit in the back row of the upper deck. It's $226.50 after fees for bog standard GA tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭circular flexing

He saw VIP tickets.

Nope standard GA tickets

WaBQFR8l.png

I wonder are they still doing the MCD pre sale ??

Didnt get a code yet, is the sale not tomorrow??

Not that I need it just curious

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wonder are they still doing the MCD pre sale ??

Didnt get a code yet, is the sale not tomorrow??

Not that I need it just curious

MCD presale is tomorrow :)

Will be from a different allocation.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Kind loving the new Weezer tune

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Is there a difference in the tickets? There's sales for green day and then another ticket for fallout boy/weezer?

/stupid question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Is there a difference in the tickets? There's sales for green day and then another ticket for fallout boy/weezer?

/stupid question

No, that's the unlock codes that you have for presale
    Different codes unlocked different batches

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Diagonalley

Lucyfur wrote: »

/stupid question

I thought that too at first, but I think they all have their own presale code and allocation.

Does anyone know if the gold tickets are sold ? When I go to checkout it keeps saying there's an error :(

I thought that too at first, but I think they all have their own presale code and allocation.

Does anyone know if the gold tickets are sold ? When I go to checkout it keeps saying there's an error :(

I think all yesterday presale are gone but mcd presale today

I think all yesterday presale are gone but mcd presale today

Don't suppose you know the presale code ..... :)

Don't suppose you know the presale code ..... :)

I got an email from mcd and you access the link at 9am
    Not sure if it brings up a code at that point

• Advertisement

I got an email from mcd and you access the link at 9am
    Not sure if it brings up a code at that point

Thanks, I gave it one last try with the FOB presale code and it worked, 2 Gold Circle standing tickets. Happy days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

|Just got the MCD presale email but no code? Is there a second email coming? The link in the email doesnt seem to have an embedded code either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Thank you thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭aj89

Am I blind? I got 4 Golden Circle now, but cant find where to refund the 4 Pitch standing tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

MCD presale at 9am but still getting in now with the code HELLAMEGA

Gold circle available

aj89 wrote: »
    Am I blind? I got 4 Golden Circle now, but cant find where to refund the 4 Pitch standing tickets?

If you find the Metallica Slane thread I think some people had to ring TM.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

d00mk1n wrote: »
    MCD presale at 9am but still getting in now with the code HELLAMEGA

Gold circle available
    Thanks man !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭aj89

d00mk1n wrote: »
    If you find the Metallica Slane thread I think some people had to ring TM.ie

Strike that - I forgot I had to do it before! All sorted now!

Think this will be a sellout but wont be straight away as tickets do seem plentiful in the presales

Still gold circle available for this. I think it may sell out, but not quickly.

• Advertisement

Still gold circle available for this. I think it may sell out, but not quickly.

The price is pretty good for this show tbh and could be a factor. A lot of xmas presents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The price is pretty good for this show tbh and could be a factor. A lot of xmas presents

Absolutely...its €35.00 per band inc fee in the Golden Circle - that's a bargain!

If they played on their own it would be €60 upwards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,330 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Can't find golden circle have I missed the boat? Just can see ordinary standing, anyone want to sell me 2 golden circle?
    I'm on Ticketmaster is that where they should be...

Can't find golden circle have I missed the boat? Just can see ordinary standing, anyone want to sell me 2 golden circle?
    I'm on Ticketmaster is that where they should be...

General sale is tomorrow. More will be available then.

Found them but you need an unlock code and I'm using HELLAMEGA but it doesn't seem to be working...
    Hopefully some there in the morning, really don't want to be anywhere but up front that barrier in the middle of the pitch is a scorge.

Got 2 golden circle there now, so I put in the code and it didn't work. Then when I went in to look at tickets again there was 2 golden circle choices listed but this time one of the golden circles were unlocked. So the code does work but not in the screen you think it does I think.

Got 2 golden circle there now, so I put in the code and it didn't work. Then when I went in to look at tickets again there was 2 golden circle choices listed but this time one of the golden circles were unlocked. So the code does work but not in the screen you think it does I think.

It still works grand for me, you just need to make sure you click "green day presale" and not album presale

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭krusty411

My tickets arrived in the post this morning, has to be the quickest I've ever had them arrive

krusty411 wrote: »
    My tickets arrived in the post this morning, has to be the quickest I've ever had them arrive

Christ Etickets arent even available yet!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Will this sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Managed to get two pitch tickets for London, they sold out in under 2 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭endainoz

Xenji wrote: »
    Managed to get two pitch tickets for London, they sold out in under 2 minutes.

I think those bands are bigger in the UK, I'd still be suprised if the RDS sells out immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mollser

Pitch 1 / gold circle all gone (for now) anyway. I listen to Kerrang Radio via TuneIn app regularly, they're hyping this gig up tremendously - it's great to hear, with plenty of tunes from all the bands being played, and not necessarily the usual ones either.

Fangclub should get themselves onto this bill as well if they can, great fit for the audience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

bigpink wrote: »
    Will this sell out?

No

mollser wrote: »
    Pitch 1 / gold circle all gone (for now) anyway. I listen to Kerrang Radio via TuneIn app regularly, they're hyping this gig up tremendously - it's great to hear, with plenty of tunes from all the bands being played, and not necessarily the usual ones either.

Fangclub should get themselves onto this bill as well if they can, great fit for the audience

wont be an opening act for anything but the london gig apparently

Weezer will fill the *opening* slot for the rest.

GC sold out and seating seems to have sold quite well

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Think i might give it a miss and head to Rock Am Ring to see Green Day and Weezer there

Think i might give it a miss and head to Rock Am Ring to see Green Day and Weezer there

And nearly another 100 bands for 50 quid more, although if you don't know anyone in Germany/Netherlands or so you'll be coughing up around another 30 for postage :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Sorry if this has been asked before but my sister in law bought a standing ticket for her son (13). She will be going with him. What's the likelihood of him being refused entry?

Sorry if this has been asked before but my sister in law bought a standing ticket for her son (13). She will be going with him. What's the likelihood of him being refused entry?

being refused? zero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭endainoz

No

Can I have your crystal ball when your done with it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement