Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guns N Roses - Marlay Park June 27th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

Got an email to say that I would be refunded the cost of 1 of the 2 tickets I ordered, that was what I asked for as that person has left Ireland.

Instead ticketmaster have taken the cost of one ticket out of my account with no sign of the refund. What a bunch of absolute clowns

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭jecca1

I got my refund yesterday. I wonder if they will ever announce a new date?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Adman13

They're blanking my requests. Surely it is illegal not to offer a refund as soon as they failed to meet the promised date...

Adman13 wrote: »
    They're blanking my requests. Surely it is illegal not to offer a refund as soon as they failed to meet the promised date...

I went down the road of threatening to report them to the CCPC as someone else mentioned here. It took them about 2 days to reply but that was when they agreed to refund me.

All my refunds for that concert have come through at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

brianomc wrote: »
    Got an email to say that I would be refunded the cost of 1 of the 2 tickets I ordered, that was what I asked for as that person has left Ireland.

Instead ticketmaster have taken the cost of one ticket out of my account with no sign of the refund. What a bunch of absolute clowns

Have u got any update as I would like to request a refund of only 1 ticket aswell.

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    Have u got any update as I would like to request a refund of only 1 ticket aswell.

They said that instead of cancelling just one, somebody in there cancelled both, so then they billed me for one more to balance it out. Accidents happen but they should have contacted me when they realised they cancelled both to see how to proceed. They then agreed to cancel all the tickets and I have the money back. I dont see there being a problem gettding a ticket if it gets reacheduled but at least I have the money back for now.

I was more than happy to keep tickets for other concerts moved to next year where the date was announced already. GnR is just a big unknown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I have heard elsewhere that Axl is unwilling to tour until there is a Covid vaccine. I'm not sure how true that is but it wouldn't surprise me!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭numbernine

I emailed monday for a refund, they sent an auto reply about new dates etc so i replied and asked for a refund again. Just got an email there to confirm I will recieve the refund in 5-7 days

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

What's their email address folks? I'm about to email them for my refund now.

What's their email address folks? I'm about to email them for my refund now.

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000117353

It’s this one if u bought online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Adman13

brianomc wrote: »
    I went down the road of threatening to report them to the CCPC as someone else mentioned here. It took them about 2 days to reply but that was when they agreed to refund me.

All my refunds for that concert have come through at ts stage.

Finally got back to me today. I should have the money in 5-7 days they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭larva

I refund about whenever, I use to refund on time, but that old man is a real MF gonna refund on down the line

I couldn't be arsed waiting for an announcement any longer. I applied for the refund and it came through in a few days. Will buy tickets closer to the event (if it ever gets rescheduled).

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Kilteragh

I've put the following on twitter and have not gotten a response yet. I will ping the same tweet every day until there is a response.

@mcd_productions what is happening with the @gunsnroses gig which was supposed to take place a month ago? Your website says "Announcement Pending 06-Jul-20". 3 weeks later and still no announcement. Is it being rescheduled or are you offering refunds?

I can’t get my refund, after emailing a few times , I rang them also and was told it’s MCD who are preventing Ticketmaster from issuing refunds till a new date is announced. It has to be illegal now at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭thebiglad

I was lucky, got in with refund at end of June - this is a joke now, they tried to tell me to hold on for the announcement 6 July, glad I didn't.

Have you tried a complaint to the CCPC - surely they can force TM to refund or at least a few complaints against them will influence the CPCC's approach to TM in the future.

The whole refunds cannot be issued until there is a new date for the concert is a joke, especially 1 month after the scheduled date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I can’t get my refund, after emailing a few times , I rang them also and was told it’s MCD who are preventing Ticketmaster from issuing refunds till a new date is announced. It has to be illegal now at this stage

I only applied for the refund last week using the link provided her, got a confirmation email the following day, and money in my account about 3 days after that. Completely painless, surprisingly!

BaronVon wrote: »
    I only applied for the refund last week using the link provided her, got a confirmation email the following day, and money in my account about 3 days after that. Completely painless, surprisingly!

Well I don’t know where the f*ck I’m going wrong. Getting seriously pissed off now. I think I’m just going to email the request everyday now till they give it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

They announced the rescheduled dates for the American leg yesterday:
    https://twitter.com/gunsnroses/status/1288280958655963136

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

they are lying to you.
    I raised a ticket with ticketmaster requesting a refund for the ticket on June 25th. I got an automated email back, stating they closed my ticket, as the event is being rescheduled, and I should email back if I wanted the ticket reopened. Of course I emailed them to reopen the ticket.
    On July 8th I asked for an update, and on July 9th I got an email saying I was getting a refund, which arrived in my bank account 2 days later.
    Keep contacting them, an you will get a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

In all honesty Joe Duffy would love that scoop, if youre affected then so will thousands of punters be

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Both companies are owned by Live Nation - they are for all intents and purposes 2 wings of the same company.

They lying to you maaaaan!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Well I don’t know where the f*ck I’m going wrong. Getting seriously pissed off now. I think I’m just going to email the request everyday now till they give it to me.

I emailed a couple of weeks ago about getting a refund. Got the standard automated email back, stating they closed my ticket, as the event is being rescheduled, and I should email back if I wanted the ticket reopened.

I replied saying that I knew they were refunding this concert and if I had to write one more email about it then it would be a complaint about them to the CCPC. Money back in my account 4 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Senature

I've had a similar experience with TM. Initial refund request fobbed off, then refund received when I sent a follow up email.

For anyone who is looking for a refund, just follow up with them and it should be fine once they realise you won't be just letting it go.

Good news, I got an email from them saying my refund will be issued in the next few days. Thanks everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Where the **** are the new Europe dates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Where the **** are the new Europe dates

Given that you cannot hold gatherings of more than 50 people in Ireland until further notice, nobody is going to confirm a mass gathering (of any kind) anytime soon. Most other countries are in the same boat. While it is frustrating for us ticket-holders, it must be a logistical nightmare for tour managers/agents/bands/promoters/venues/etc. Nobody is going to sign new contracts with that amount of uncertainty.

I say this as a former tour manager and someone who is employed in the (currently decimated) international event industry. I am watching international events getting pushed out further and further every day, it's a bloody disaster.:(

I also am sitting on tickets for GnR but am gonna hold off and see what happens. I am absolutely no fan of Ticketmaster and have dealt with them for years but I can see how they are caught in the middle. The band probably have a contract with an agent, who in turn has contracts with individual promoters in each region who in turn have contracts with venues, ticket platforms, etc. Nobody wants to be the one to cancel as they become the party liable so they try reschedule the dates. This happens occasionally (eg band member gets sick or whatever) and is usually fine as you can plan ahead. With the current pandemic, NOTHING is clear and with no end in sight everyone is hedging their bets. Also, insurance doesn't cover anyone in this case as C19 wasn't around until recently so wasn't specified on the policies (the likes of SARS is though) so insurers are refusing to pay out - it's a vicious circle.

My advice would be if you can hold off, do. If not, hassle TM for a refund but, like others have found out, they won't give it easily and you will have to lean on them a little.

In the meantime, I look forward to rocking out again in muddy fields soon.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Given that you cannot hold gatherings of more than 50 people in Ireland until further notice, nobody is going to confirm a mass gathering (of any kind) anytime soon. Most other countries are in the same boat. While it is frustrating for us ticket-holders, it must be a logistical nightmare for tour managers/agents/bands/promoters/venues/etc. Nobody is going to sign new contracts with that amount of uncertainty.

I say this as a former tour manager and someone who is employed in the (currently decimated) international event industry. I am watching international events getting pushed out further and further every day, it's a bloody disaster.:(

I also am sitting on tickets for GnR but am gonna hold off and see what happens. I am absolutely no fan of Ticketmaster and have dealt with them for years but I can see how they are caught in the middle. The band probably have a contract with an agent, who in turn has contracts with individual promoters in each region who in turn have contracts with venues, ticket platforms, etc. Nobody wants to be the one to cancel as they become the party liable so they try reschedule the dates. This happens occasionally (eg band member gets sick or whatever) and is usually fine as you can plan ahead. With the current pandemic, NOTHING is clear and with no end in sight everyone is hedging their bets. Also, insurance doesn't cover anyone in this case as C19 wasn't around until recently so wasn't specified on the policies (the likes of SARS is though) so insurers are refusing to pay out - it's a vicious circle.

My advice would be if you can hold off, do. If not, hassle TM for a refund but, like others have found out, they won't give it easily and you will have to lean on them a little.

In the meantime, I look forward to rocking out again in muddy fields soon.......

While all that is true and I agree, the fact is every other ticket I'm holding (bar RATM - but the likes of Therapy?, Fontaines DC, even Primavera Sound) are all rescheduled and are all well over a 50 person limit.

Sure look at all the reschedules already - https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/articles/360007196997-Event-Status-Updates

I need a refund but if we have a new date we can plan around it at least. Not to mention, they have announced their rescheduled US dates.

What they need to do is get the ****ing finger out and sort this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

While all that is true and I agree, the fact is every other ticket I'm holding (bar RATM - but the likes of Therapy?, Fontaines DC, even Primavera Sound) are all rescheduled and are all well over a 50 person limit.

Sure look at all the reschedules already - https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/articles/360007196997-Event-Status-Updates

I need a refund but if we have a new date we can plan around it at least. Not to mention, they have announced their rescheduled US dates.

What they need to do is get the ****ing finger out and sort this.

Gun and Roses Meeting:

AR: Thanks for coming in today at such short notice, we really need to reschedule the Irish gig

DMCK: Why?

AR: Del Griffith is kicking off on Boards.ie in Ireland

S: Who?

AR: DEL GRIFFITH

S: ****, yeah, lets get the finger out and sort this asap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Marlay rescheduled to Tuesday 22nd June next year..cant make that Urghhh

Advertisement