Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
01-06-2020, 15:48   #691
Muahahaha
Registered User
 
Muahahaha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 11,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknunkle View Post
I got myself a Karu and now just need a thermometer gun,any recommendations?
Thermapro is probably the leading brand but they can be pricey for what they are. To be honest I think its much of a muchness with IR thermometers.

I got mine on Amazon, its called Benetech GM550 and cost me £12, Have had it 18 months now and its used most weeks and its going grand. Takes a 9 volt battery which wasnt included.
Muahahaha is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-06-2020, 16:24   #692
Gloomtastic!
Do Not Be Afraid.....
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknunkle View Post
I got myself a Karu and now just need a thermometer gun,any recommendations?
Pretty impossible to find an inexpensive infrared thermometer (about €40) at the moment. I contacted one manufacturer direct a few weeks ago and they told me they were out of stock and to try Amazon!
Gloomtastic! is offline  
Thanks from:
01-06-2020, 16:56   #693
mooseknunkle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomtastic! View Post
Pretty impossible to find an inexpensive infrared thermometer (about €40) at the moment. I contacted one manufacturer direct a few weeks ago and they told me they were out of stock and to try Amazon!
Thats it im finding it impossible to get one,Amazon have some but the delivery times are for next month,Woodies have a Stanley one in stock but its €80 and Screwfix have the same one for €42 but its out of stock!
mooseknunkle is offline  
01-06-2020, 22:53   #694
The chan chan man
Registered User
 
The chan chan man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknunkle View Post
Thats it im finding it impossible to get one,Amazon have some but the delivery times are for next month,Woodies have a Stanley one in stock but its €80 and Screwfix have the same one for €42 but its out of stock!
All the sites are buying them to check people’s forehead temp before entering - that and everyone making pizzas! I’ve ordered one and just have to wait the 6 weeks to get it.
The chan chan man is offline  
Thanks from:
02-06-2020, 19:18   #695
wip3out
Registered User
 
wip3out's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 9
aliexpress.com make sure to read up on the spec. some only go to 300~C
wip3out is offline  
Advertisement
02-06-2020, 19:52   #696
The chan chan man
Registered User
 
The chan chan man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 491
Anyone tried this from tesco?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 6CC61023-7DBE-4641-A351-C79CCCE63DC6.jpeg (11.1 KB, 149 views)
The chan chan man is offline  
02-06-2020, 21:52   #697
Wabbit Ears
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by The chan chan man View Post
Anyone tried this from tesco?
Got some of that and some mutti pizza sauce. Both fantastic!!

the moz cuts up into nice little squares for sprinkling, its firm and dryer than normal moz and melts beautifully.
Wabbit Ears is offline  
02-06-2020, 22:12   #698
Pete123456
Registered User
 
Pete123456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by The chan chan man View Post
Anyone tried this from tesco?
You can get scamorza smoked mozzarella it’s relish, very solid but melts perfectly. Tesco finest
Pete123456 is offline  
03-06-2020, 08:43   #699
Faith
Mary Berry is my idol
Quote:
Originally Posted by The chan chan man View Post
Anyone tried this from tesco?
It's handy for pizza as it is very firm and doesn't need to be dried out in any way.

It's obviously more processed and plasticky than normal mozzarella, though.
Faith is offline  
Advertisement
03-06-2020, 09:21   #700
The chan chan man
Registered User
 
The chan chan man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith View Post
It's handy for pizza as it is very firm and doesn't need to be dried out in any way.

It's obviously more processed and plasticky than normal mozzarella, though.
Thanks. Is it similar to the ‘fior di latte’ i see on every recipe and can’t get anywhere?!
The chan chan man is offline  
03-06-2020, 09:24   #701
The Nal
Registered User
 
The Nal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,712
The hard Tesco mozzarella doesn't taste of anything. Creamfields stuff is nice. And cheap.
The Nal is offline  
03-06-2020, 09:34   #702
Toto Wolfcastle
Up and at them
 
Toto Wolfcastle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 23,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by The chan chan man View Post
Thanks. Is it similar to the ‘fior di latte’ i see on every recipe and can’t get anywhere?!
Fior di latte is fresh mozzarella made from cows milk. Definitely not the same thing. I’d assume the Tesco one is similar to low-moisture mozzarella but I’ve never tried it.
Toto Wolfcastle is offline  
03-06-2020, 09:58   #703
krissovo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,291
Folks, we love our pizza oven but I am finding it a pain that I need to prep dough long in advance of a pizza making session with the koda. Has anyone got any tips for a spur of the moment pizza session?

Maybe frozen dough, I see pallas does the dough balls or shop bought bases that can be stored?
krissovo is offline  
03-06-2020, 10:06   #704
scarepanda
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,213
How quickly is a spur of the moment job? I make dough that can be used in a couple of hours, or a couple of days. I leave it in a warm spot if I need it quickly, which is usually the case.
scarepanda is offline  
Thanks from:
03-06-2020, 10:25   #705
Alkers
Registered User
 
Alkers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,395
Send a message via MSN to Alkers
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissovo View Post
Folks, we love our pizza oven but I am finding it a pain that I need to prep dough long in advance of a pizza making session with the koda. Has anyone got any tips for a spur of the moment pizza session?

Maybe frozen dough, I see pallas does the dough balls or shop bought bases that can be stored?
Jamie Oliver has a dough recipe which can be frozen
Alkers is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet