Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was in a car accident and accepted liability. Should I have?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

GreeBo wrote: »
    10-20s isnt enough time to jam under the brakes?:confused:

The bottle had just fallen on the floor, if the OP had waited to check his mirrors for tailgaiting idiots then he may have been unable to brake at all.

You've completely ignored my original question, presumably because it doesn't suit your agenda and its difficult to contradict plain facts.

Also yes, the sensible answer is that it will always be far safer in this type of incident to safely pull in to the side of the road....especially as that water bottle was almost certainly not going to in any way infere with safe braking.

See below photo, I just grabbed a variety of different sized water bottles..... There's just no way.... 20 seconds or 99 hours.....

And again, the OP was lucky it was a dry road with no gravel etc or he could easily have ended up in someone's sitting room.....

https://ibb.co/5T6hXKh

Also, just to note that the bottle closest to the brake pedal in that photo is resting on a 45 degree incline (held up by the other bottles) and is still nowhere near the brake.

Advertisement