Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Other Sports" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Also on Berdych at 2.92 on Betfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Berdych seems happy enough just to have beaten Federer. Windy as it is, its bad for both. He looks disinterested and it's no wonder he hasn't won a slam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

my preview for cycling worlds today if you'd like a bet

http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=403819

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Is there a PDC thread that I cant find?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭langer91

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Wow. It got dusty in here!
    So, anyone punting on the Australian tennis open?

yeah im doing bit, main bet prob lopez 5/6

Fancy Bautista Agut at 1/1. Lopez/stepanek in overs games.

Also in the snooker tomorrow fancy Mark Williams to take care of Matthew Stevens at 4/5, or 1/2 +1.5 frames is good for a lump me thinks

I just have an outright bet. Want to watch a few rounds and see form before I jump in.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kf1

Davydenko is 14's on betfair against federer. i think that he could be worth a small punt, i saw him playing last week and he blew ferrer away. The price seems a bit too generous.
    Also, Kvitova is 1.64 to beat Laura Robson. She should be way too strong for Robson. The price is a bit prohibitive but maybe it could be combined with another bet on the fixed odds

• Advertisement

Been looking for value, and tonight there is maybe some in both Gael Monfils at around 11/8 against Simon and on Julia Goerges who is a massive 3/1 against Li Na, who is favourite in fairness, but maybe not a 1/5 shot in this encounter. Both are odds against and facing stiff opposition, so caution is required for anyone following, especially given my tradition of scudding any bet by tipping it here first.

Like Seppi +1.5 against Cilic at 11/10. Seppi playing good stuff recently. My main bet tonight is R. Berankis to win over 8.5 games v Murray at 4/6 with Boyles. Berankis is playing well with two 3-0 victories so far. Granted Mayer and Stakhovsky are far inferior to Murray but i think he could snatch a set or run up 5 or 6 games in one of the sets.

Like Seppi +1.5 against Cilic at 11/10. Seppi playing good stuff recently. My main bet tonight is R. Berankis to win over 8.5 games v Murray at 4/6 with Boyles. Berankis is playing well with two 3-0 victories so far. Granted Mayer and Stakhovsky are far inferior to Murray but i think he could snatch a set or run up 5 or 6 games in one of the sets.

Up until last year, Murray was always a cert to ship a set against almost any oppo. He seems to have tightened that up a lot in the past 12 months. The question is whether that's a permanent improvement in quality or whether, as you seem to be thinking, the old sloppiness is still in there waiting to come out.

2 out of 2 for the night. Made up for the night before's poor picks. Great game between Simon and Monfils on now. Lots of long rallies, the longest being 71 shots. Like the paddy power offer on these games where you are refunded if losing in the 5th set of a match

Any fancies for tonight? Looking at S Stephens (2/7) in a double with something else but cant see anything i like to take me close to an even money bet.

Chardy/ Seppi very tight game. Same with Tsonga/ Gasquet. Wozniacki is terrible so maybe Kuznetsova +1.5 on the set handicap at 4/9.

Might just back Stephens 2-0 at 8/11.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

This morning I quite like the look of over 20.5 aces in the Tsonga - Federer in the tennis. Two big hitters and I can see this going to 4, if not 5 games. If so you're looking at roughly around 5 aces per set. And I can see each set going the distance as well, so looking at roughly 9-10 games per set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

This morning I quite like the look of over 9.5 aces in the Djokovic - Ferrer games at 5/6. Neither are huge on the ace stats but I'd fancy Ferrer to get a set at least off Djokovic and if he does, you'd have to fancy 10 or more aces at a rate of 3 or less per set.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Cornetto

Is there any bookies that give odds for the challenge tour golf? Shiv Kapur deserves a few euro e/w!

Any fancies for Wimbledon tomorrow? Tie of the round is probably Hewitt (5/4) v Wawrinka (8/13). Another tight affair will be Verdasco (10/11) v Malisse (5/6).

Picked out 5 short priced games making an even money bet (Paire, Monaco, Gulbis, Stakhovsky and Janowicz) but 5 players to win is iffy gambling. Going to hunt for some value in the over/under games markets.

Also like to have a biggish stake single so any opinions welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

i would keep away personally from Malisse...the guy can easily crack down...Verdasco played well recently in grass...but i'll stay away from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Bultip

I hope my post today won't raise so much discussion.

ATP 1000 Rogers Cup
    Grigor Dimitrov-Marcel Granollers
    Prediction: 2:0 for Grigor Dimitrov @ 1.60 odds

Grigor Dimitrov lost last week at 1/4 finals against Tommy Haas in two tie breaks - 6:7 6:7. The game was even but the more experienced from both won the game. Anyway Grigor performed well and was solid when he had to be- at break points serving enormously high % aces. Moreover, this year Grigor has yet 2 wins more than whole last years. He is without any doubt progressing and improving his game. Hard court suits his style.

On other side, Marcel Granollers is playing mainly clay tournaments. So far this year he has 27 tourneys played, which is a lot more than Grigor- just 21. Furthermore, we shall mention that Granollers won a tournament in Austria this Sunday and traveled to Canada on Monday. Then he did not have enough time to rest in my opinion.

So it is very logical Grigor to take easily this game - 2:0 as he did last week in the first 2 games at Washington - beating Mallisse and Sam Query in straight sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,112 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Seems like this thread gets used very little but anyway-
    Bettingzone.co.uk are giving a big/4 point double tip for Melbourne Storm -8 and Huddersfiled -8 in Rugby league.

A good bet from the ashes from boylesports

The bet is Cook to make a century, its 4/7 with boyles, even the 4/9 with paddys i felt with paddys was value, he converted 78% of his 50s into centuries and looks in good touch overcoming some back trouble.

I'm having a good bet on Ali Carter to beat G Dott at 8/13 in the snooker tonight. Playing great stuff at the minute and should have too much for Dott who struggled with Nigel Bond in the last round, and was lucky to progress

Small bit on 6-2 frame score at 6/1 also.

I'm having a good bet on Ali Carter to beat G Dott at 8/13 in the snooker tonight. Playing great stuff at the minute and should have too much for Dott who struggled with Nigel Bond in the last round, and was lucky to progress

Small bit on 6-2 frame score at 6/1 also.

6-3 loss. Brutal:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭grattanspuds

Is there a thread for rugby tips lads? I don't see any mentions of it on this thread. Sorry if its slightly off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭langer91

Is there a thread for rugby tips lads? I don't see any mentions of it on this thread. Sorry if its slightly off topic.

In here is where they are posted really! Isotonic would be the main tipster!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055980744&page=443

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXFISH1

...little treble for the weekend, comes to just over evens,

FA Cup Matches Man City v Watford
    25-01-2014 15:00
    Win-Draw-Win
    Man City @ 1.10

German Bundesliga Matches Borussia Monchengladbach v Bayern Munich
    24-01-2014 19:30
    Win-Draw-Win
    Bayern Munich @ 1.36

Mens Australian Open R Nadal v R Federer
    24-01-2014 08:35
    Total Sets
    Over (3.5) @ 1.36

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Think Wigan are decent shouts to beat the handicap against Castleford tonight (-8).

They will be smarting from the cup exit against the same opponents last week and I have to belive that that momentous defensive effort to keep Wigan at bay would have had to have an effect on the Castleford lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Get on Abu Dhabi rose to win rose of tralee ;)

Advertisement