Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark - Netflix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Drumpot wrote: »
    Took the advice of others and binged watch season 1. I really paid attention like suggested and think I got all reveals in advance of them coming out, so thanks for the tip.

Have to say I really enjoyed the world that’s been created in this. Very dark and dirty feel about the town. At one stage it felt like loads of stories seemed to
    overlap in different timelines
    . There’s a lot of people in that town who
    really are not very likable at all
    . The lad who actually
    was trying to figure it all out while scoring his aunty
    Was the only nice person I can think of off the top of my head.

Is second season as good?

As a big fan of the show, season 2 is the best so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

F**k it, might do a re-watch of the first two seasons before the final season. It's enjoyable enough a show that I won't mind seeing it all again (Season 1 for the 3rd time)...

Started the rewatch on Friday night, will try and drag out until the 27th and go straight into season 3. My wedding anniversary that night but luckily enough the better half is a fan as well! 😂 Not as if anywhere will be open to go out anyway!

Even on a rewatch it's absolutely class. Can't wait for season 3, was worried they may not have had it finished when the shutters came down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

I've watched season 1 twice, and season 2 once, so I think I'll opt for a good season 1 recap, and then on to the full season 2 again, to time it with the Revelation on the 27th.

I started my rewatch a couple of weeks ago. This time, my OH decided to watch it with me and both of us are really enjoying it. I hope they can stick the landing with this final season, but the season 2 finale revelation of
    alternate dimensions
    could be too much too late. Still though, I have confidence in the show and its writers given how great the first 2 seasons were.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

On episode 8 season 2, really enjoying it. Find it easier to keep up a bit in season 2 with the different families/
    timelines

• Advertisement

No way, I thought there was 10 episodes , not 8!

That was a bit of a mind f*ck at the end. Love the fact season 3 is only a few weeks away and the significance story wise of the date.

Really enjoyed it, glad I went back to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Really glad I decided to do a re-watch. So many details in Season 2 that I had forgotten.

So after season 2 -

- don’t know where Hannah is , felt there was a spark with her and argon from 50s, started to wonder if maybe he was Jonas dad but don’t think that works

- there’s another world/dimension , hmm

- was that cop guy implying that Alexander tiederman killed and took his brother’s identity?

- I didn’t miss Torben explain how he lost an eye? I know he started to tell that cop but I’ve always wondered did I miss anything in the early episodes that showed how he lost an eye or did we first just see him with his eye patched up

- Noah is just a pawn , so it looks like future Jonas is our baddy Or apparent baddy? Where does that leave our white witch? Is she a ruse baddy or is it just still not clear on everybody’s role?

- Charlotte is the mother of Elisabeth and Elizabeth/Noah are her parents, what the actual f**k?!!

Anybody else with some odd questions or theories as I’m sure there is plenty I’ve left out!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

Drumpot wrote: »
    So after season 2 -

- don’t know where Hannah is , felt there was a spark with her and argon from 50s, started to wonder if maybe he was Jonas dad but don’t think that works

- there’s another world/dimension , hmm

- was that cop guy implying that Alexander tiederman killed and took his brother’s identity?

- I didn’t miss Torben explain how he lost an eye? I know he started to tell that cop but I’ve always wondered did I miss anything in the early episodes that showed how he lost an eye or did we first just see him with his eye patched up

- Noah is just a pawn , so it looks like future Jonas is our baddy Or apparent baddy? Where does that leave our white witch? Is she a ruse baddy or is it just still not clear on everybody’s role?

- Charlotte is the mother of Elisabeth and Elizabeth/Noah are her parents, what the actual f**k?!!

Anybody else with some odd questions or theories as I’m sure there is plenty I’ve left out!

Don't even want to unblock the spoilers now that I'm in a rewatch despite having read up extensively on it after finishing each season first time round. 😂 😂

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Watched S1+2 over the last 3 weeks, I can't wait for this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Going to try lash out season 1 and 2 again. It's so easy to get lost in this show and I'm sure I missed a tonne on first watch. Can't wait for season 3.

Are all episodes releasing on 27th?

maximoose wrote: »
    Are all episodes releasing on 27th?

Ya they usually release the whole season together

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I don't know if I can get ready for this. I'm falling behind on so many shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Starting my re-watch tonight. It was a mistake when I watched S2 after a year break as it took me until about episode 3 to understand what was going on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I started a rewatch the other day. In an early episode Charlotte (the cop) brought Elisabeth (her deaf daughter) to school. Before she left Elisabeth kissed her on the forehead, almost like a mother kissing their kid

(○口○ )

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Just a quick question which maybe nobody has the answer...
    from what we know mads was taken from 1986 and his body was dumped in 2019.
    The ginger lad and Yasim's bodies are taken from 2019 and dumped in 1953.
    With all three, they had the "burn" marks on their faces from whatever the electrical device that went around their head whilst in the "room". What was that device and what were those involved (obviously including Helge) trying to do?
    It can't have been creating a time machine because we know that they were able to travel through time to dump the bodies.

With all three, they had the "burn" marks on their faces from whatever the electrical device that went around their head whilst in the "room". What was that device and what were those involved (obviously including Helge) trying to do?
    It can't have been creating a time machine because we know that they were able to travel through time to dump the bodies.

I can't remember if that was ever explained. I started the rewatch and I'm 4 episodes in. I watched it dubbed the first time but watching it subtitled now. My mind keeps racing ahead already trying to piece things together from what I'm seeing now.

I don't think it has been explained - my guess is that it's some sort of prototype machine but Noah can't get it to work?
    I watched it dubbed the first time but watching it subtitled now.

It's so much better subtitled but you really can't let yourself get distracted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

It's not so much the head device, but the whole chair apparatus.

The wormhole in the caves allows time travel to specific years/points, opening up every 33yrs. I believe the chair is a prototype time machine of sorts, constructed so that Noah could find a way to travel more freely through time to any point he likes, but it evidently doesn't work or works poorly, killing any subjects he tests. Note the burnt out eyes/ears are explained by the pathologist looking at the birds with the extreme levels of electromagnetic activity causing it - the chair also appears to have lots of electromagnets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Rewatching this now, on S2E3.... wow what a show, cannot wait for the new season!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Unearthly

All I can say is thank god I rewatched all that. Brilliant show

Watching the s3 trailer right after it has made it my most anticipated show of the year

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I've avoided the S3 trailer. I want to see S3 without any preconceptions, however misguided they might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

I've avoided the S3 trailer. I want to see S3 without any preconceptions, however misguided they might be.

I'm doing a rewatch, 2 eps of S1 left and I'm not going to watch a s3 trailer

I'm doing a rewatch, 2 eps of S1 left and I'm not going to watch a s3 trailer

I'm bang on with yourself at the moment. Only managing to get one episode in a night. Going to have to ramp that up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Jofspring wrote: »
    I'm bang on with yourself at the moment. Only managing to get one episode in a night. Going to have to ramp that up now.
    Having re-watched season one before season 2, I had intended to watch a recap of season 1 before watching the full season 2, in time for season 3 on the 27th. The recaps just don't do it though, so I'm hooked on season 1 again, with only 2 watched so far. Thinking about it though, even though they're all released on the 27th, I won't be coming back here after the 27th until I've finished season 3 anyway, in case of spoilers, so I suppose I can take my time. Apocalypse delayed for me. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,284 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I started this ages ago. Just watched 1.03, bloody hell. Not sure I even took a breath in the final few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Hrududu wrote: »
    I started a rewatch the other day. In an early episode Charlotte (the cop) brought Elisabeth (her deaf daughter) to school. Before she left Elisabeth kissed her on the forehead, almost like a mother kissing their kid

(○口○ )

Yep I got that too. At the very end of season 2 she called her Moma as normal. So she hasn't gone back yet. There is also the possibility that shes from another dimension.

Also Ulrichs story arc looks to be closed off. Charlotte also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,095 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Yep I got that too. At the very end of season 2 she called her Moma as normal. So she hasn't gone back yet. There is also the possibility that shes from another dimension.

Also Ulrichs story arc looks to be closed off. Charlotte also.

Don;t think she's from a different dimension. Totally messes up the bootstrap paradox angle.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement