Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arrow/The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow/Supergirl SUPERTHREAD [***SPOILERS - The CW***]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'll say it again Mick is the only thing worth watching about this whole Universe.

Mick in Vietnam :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Night one of the Crisis On Earth X crossover was an absolute blast... I love seeing all of these characters coming together...

Mick, as always, stole every scene he was in - so good to see him interact with the characters from the other shows.

Don't want to say too much until all 4 episodes have aired and people have had a chance to watch, but the wait until tomorrow night is gonna be tough - I may have to re-watch these 2 episode again directly before the new ones, like one big 3 hour movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Night one of the Crisis On Earth X crossover was an absolute blast... I love seeing all of these characters coming together...

Mick, as always, stole every scene he was in - so good to see him interact with the characters from the other shows.

Don't want to say too much until all 4 episodes have aired and people have had a chance to watch, but the wait until tomorrow night is gonna be tough - I may have to re-watch these 2 episode again directly before the new ones, like one big 3 hour movie.

Good to know that the first two episodes were good. I’m just going to watch all 4 in one go.

The Feminazi's fight the Nazis

Again I say it's all about Mick he is the best thing across all four shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Another Mick Rory appreciation post :D

Just a quick reminder, SUPERSPEED... I don't have it.
    Noted

Best line of the crossover :D

Also
    Eobard/Wells
    , damn it was awesome seeing
    Tom Cavanagh
    in
    The Reverse Flash suit
    again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Another Mick Rory appreciation post :D

I need mick to have his own show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Just finished the last leg......who's cutting onions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Just finished the last leg......who's cutting onions.

That is why they did the
    Ollicity wedding
    to bring you down with a bang.
    That was 1 of the worse decisions ever made and may make viewers switch off arrow
    Unless Felicity is the mole in next weeks episode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Really enjoyed the whole thing. I think what set it apart from last year's crossover was that last year felt like individual episodes of each show with a connected story, whereas this really did feel like one giant event.

Enjoyed Stein's ending, but have to say I don't think Jax is a strong enough actor. I didn't really enjoy his performance which kinda ruined it.

Yeah the guy who played Jax wasn't at his best here, only really got choked up because the actresses that play Marty's wife and daughter were great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Is it important to watch Supergirl for the crossover ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Is it important to watch Supergirl for the crossover ?

Yes. It's part one of "crisis on earth x". Think of it as a movie rather than 4 seperate shows for this week.

Purcell is killing it these days as Rory. He was one of the highlights of the crossover for me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Just caught the cross over, god that was some amazing work the production team did there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Just caught the cross over, god that was some amazing work the production team did there!
    Yeah, I thought it was a better story, and better told, about a team of super-heroes than the Justice League film. Problem now is, can the rest of the season for the individual shows live up to the standards set in the cross-over!

Wonder how the bar is gonna be raised for next year's crossover :pac:

Wonder how the bar is gonna be raised for next year's crossover :pac:
    I don’t know if they will go as big next year, as mentioned in the quote below, it took 6 weeks to film which ate into each shows individual filming schedule. I could see them maybe tone it down next year or even film it before each show starts shooting their new seasons.

In a recent interview Amell mentioned
    When we conceived of the crossovers back in Season 3 of Arrow and Season 1 of Flash, it was like, ‘OK, I'm going to go, and I'm going to shoot on The Flash for four days. Fine.’ The crossovers this year took up six full weeks of shooting. I think that in order for us to continue down this path, we, as productions, and The CW, as the network, and Warner Bros., as the studio, are going to have to fundamentally reconceive how we execute these, because this sort of broke the schedule mold. I mean, it just simply didn't fit.

“Furthermore, I think that if we're going to shoot it like a big four-hour movie, we have to board it like a big four-hour movie,” Amell continued. “We have to prioritize the schedules of the people that are going to be working the most, if that's me, if that's Melissa [Benoist], if that's Caity Lotz, if that's Grant [Gustin]. It's going to change year over year, based off of story.

Interesting thoughts from Amell. Could a Defenders type event mini series work? At least it would give the cast a clearer idea of their schedule.

I think this crossover has gotten over well enough that an event series could work.

Awesome return at the end of this week's Legends :eek::eek::D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i wouldnt mind them cutting the episode length down in all series as 22 the same as legends 18 just seems a better number and hopefully then it could owe more time to the crossovers

http://tvline.com/2017/12/08/legends-of-tomorrow-season-3-return-date-supergirl-time-slot-mondays/

Black lightning is taking over Legends of Tomorrow’s slot
    Legends of Tomorrow will move to Supergirl’s slot on February 12 and will finish up on April 9th.

Supergirl returns on January 15th and then is back on April 16th with finale on June 18th.

List of dates

Monday, Jan. 15: Supergirl resumes Season 3
    Tuesday, Jan. 16: Black Lighting premieres, in Legends time slot
    Monday, Feb. 12: Legends resumes Season 3, in Supergirl‘s time slot
    Monday, April 9: Legends Season 3 finale
    Monday, April 16: Supergirl re-resumes Season 3
    Monday, June 18: Supergirl Season 3 finale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Geoff Johns teased at a panel that Hitman would be the next DC character to come to TV.

Would he join the CW universe or be a spin off from Gotham.

I'm guessing the success of The Punisher has given DC the idea to bring him to screen.

Just seen the return trailer for The Flash
    and the way Candice bursts into the courtroom, why have I the sick feeling she's gonna out Barry as The Flash

After that pilot Black Lightning has jumped to the top of my watchlist for the Arrowverse.

Wally West will first appear in episode 11 of Legends of Tomorrow's current third season, and he will officially join the team two weeks later, during episode 13.

Constantine: City of Demons Cartoon is now on CW Seed.

Caity Lotz
    returning to Arrow for the show's season 6 finale.

• Advertisement

Even though it's obvious, i'll spoiler tag it anyways.
    ARROW has been renewed for a 7th Season
    Black Lightning also renewed for a 2nd Season
    Legends Of Tomorrow renewed for a 4th Season
    The Flash renewed for 5th Season

Even though it's obvious, i'll spoiler tag it anyways.
    ARROW has been renewed for a 7th Season
    Black Lightning also renewed for a 2nd Season
    Legends Of Tomorrow renewed for a 4th Season
    The Flash renewed for 5th Season
    I'm still enjoying Black Lightning a lot, and Legends of Tomorrow just continues to be brilliant. The Flash still needs to up its game more for next season. The Flashtime episode was the best thing they've done in years. They need to take more chances and quit padding so much.

Supergirl & Arrow have moved nights, Supergirl will now air on Sundays, Arrow on Monday.

Legends, The Flash & Black Lightning remain unchanged.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/05/17/the-cw-upfronts-2018-schedule-arrowverse-riverdale/

Next Crossover event will introduce
    Batwoman and Gotham to the arrowverse

Next Crossover event will introduce
    Batwoman and Gotham to the arrowverse

TvLine

Hovering over the link with the mouse gives away whats behind the spoiler tag, thus kinda ruining the surprise...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hey, it's a headline item in a lot of the blogs I've been reading, so it's debatable how 'spoiler'y it can be classified - especially given the crossover is itself a big event. It's hard not to imagine they wouldn't shout from the rooftops.

Hovering over the link with the mouse gives away whats behind the spoiler tag, thus kinda ruining the surprise...

I’ll remove the link
    pixelburp wrote: »
    Hey, it's a headline item in a lot of the blogs I've been reading, so it's debatable how 'spoiler'y it can be classified - especially given the crossover is itself a big event. It's hard not to imagine they wouldn't shout from the rooftops.

I tagged it as there might be some people who don’t view spoilers and usually if it hasn’t aired yet, it should be spoiler tagged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,286 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just saw this after posting in The Flash thread so will just say here what I said there about the crossover

I assume Supergirl on Sunday will be the first part.
    A load of strange heroes go to Gotham and there'll be no sign of Batman. I wouldn't believe that.
    Seeing Rachel Nichols and Bridget Regan suggested in the comments.

A youtuber I have watched who reviews the CW DC programs
    has thought a few weeks ago the Diaz was not going to die this season and be in next season which what is said in that article adds credance to that theory as A) it is not conventional ie: the bad guy is not caught and B) the Shadow Hunters

• Advertisement

The only one of the shows I made the whole through the season was Legends and I think it's the only one I will go back to next season.

I did enjoy Black Lightning however I'm not sure I'll go back to that either next season.

They might as well just rename the Flash the Iris show.

Arrow is just way to muddled now.

Supergirl sneaking in it's politics & agendas put me off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Black Lightning is surprisingly enjoyable. It's a slow build but it's coming into its own with strong characters and an intriguing arc. Definitely more grounded than the other CW shows; I hope it stays separate to the rest cos so far it certainly exists in its own universe.

Yeah I enjoyed Black Lightning. It wasn't anything particularly special or wonderful, but it was a solid story, very well acted and presented, very likeable characters and the shorter season helped keep things focused. It had its flaws, but was still an enjoyable watch.

The Flash is just dragging, and they really need to shake things up next season. Much better villain this year but he's been poorly used for a lot of it, and the focus on Iris as team leader is just nonsense, and they repeatedly fail to use Cisco's abilities in any real way.

Haven't watched Arrow or Supergirl bar the crossover episodes.

Legends was hands down the best Arrowverse show though. The characters are all so great, they have so much fun with the show and while a few episodes were flops, most episodes were great. It never takes itself too seriously but can still throw in some surprisingly deep characterisation and scenes.

My only complaint about Black Lightning is that it comes off a little constrained by its network; it has a rough edge and isn't afraid to show the blood & the harshness of life for those at the bottom of society - but it's all PG13, so has to pull back from going full-on The Wire. Little things like the not-too-crude-for-the-censors language bring me out of the story when characters just go 'damn' :D

The Flash is wearing even me out, and I've stuck by it through & through. It desperately needs a shake up, but I guess that won't happen while the overall CW superhero franchise remains so generally beloved on social media. It feels like the writers have absolutely no idea, or interest, on what to do with any of the characters and are just phoning it in. Wells & Cisco are about the only good reason to tune in now.

Supergirl wears its format a little better, and while it has problems of its own (such as similar issues over characters with nothing to do, eg James Olsen) it gets by in that not everyone's a flippin' meta, the extended cast is allowed their own personal arcs, plus the natural charisma of said cast; honestly I'd watch Melissa Beniost read tax legislation. And I don't find it's 'politics' that annoying; it's there but it's far from obnoxious IMO & is generally more playful with its open .... I dunno, hashtag era feminism. That awful, truly awful Flash episode set during Iris' hen party was a good example of that kind of feminism done wrong.

The thing about the CW shows is that for all their flaws, they all retain a distinct level of watchability. Even with the ones I don't really follow like Arrow and Supergirl, if I come across the odd episode on Sky I can still be entertained even if I'm not following the story.

I thought the CW superhero craze would have worn out at this stage but their schedule still seems to be thriving. Have to commend them on that.

Having done of a bit of mass culling of shows recently myself, Legends of Tomorrow is the only of the CW Superhero shows that survived the massacre and as stands the only one I finished this season and will be returning to next season, and I'll still watch the crossover too.

At one point I thought I'd stick with these shows to the end, but the problem with that is that it looks like they'll all go on several more years, therefore will probably just flounder about the place until an end is in sight - Legends just gets away with that, because their "floundering about" is just a hell of a lot of fun. It started out pretty dodgy in its first season, but once they started embracing the fun of it all, that show has just gotten better and better.

If I hear that Season 7 of Arrow, Season 5 of The Flash, etc ends up being phenomenally good, I'll probably dive back in to those shows next summer, because I do still enjoy the characters, so if they're doing the shows right, I'll be back on board.

As much as I thought Black Lightning was fantastic in the beginning, I have to agree with others that have said it's PG-13 status holds that show back - it could be so much more, and unfortunately watered down gritty storytelling just won't keep my attention with all the great TV out there at the moment.

TL;DR: I've dropped all the other shows, except for Legends which I think has gone from strength to strength since that dodgy first season.

• Advertisement

Having done of a bit of mass culling of shows recently myself, Legends of Tomorrow is the only of the CW Superhero shows that survived the massacre and as stands the only one I finished this season and will be returning to next season, and I'll still watch the crossover too.

At one point I thought I'd stick with these shows to the end, but the problem with that is that it looks like they'll all go on several more years, therefore will probably just flounder about the place until an end is in sight - Legends just gets away with that, because their "floundering about" is just a hell of a lot of fun. It started out pretty dodgy in its first season, but once they started embracing the fun of it all, that show has just gotten better and better.

If I hear that Season 7 of Arrow, Season 5 of The Flash, etc ends up being phenomenally good, I'll probably dive back in to those shows next summer, because I do still enjoy the characters, so if they're doing the shows right, I'll be back on board.

As much as I thought Black Lightning was fantastic in the beginning, I have to agree with others that have said it's PG-13 status holds that show back - it could be so much more, and unfortunately watered down gritty storytelling just won't keep my attention with all the great TV out there at the moment.

TL;DR: I've dropped all the other shows, except for Legends which I think has gone from strength to strength since that dodgy first season.

Can I ask what you found so bad in Arrow Season 6 and The Flash Season 4 (besides Iris we all agree on Iris:pac:)

I've stuck with Legends & The Flash, don't really bother with Supergirl or Arrow (crossover being the exception).

I've stuck with Legends & The Flash, don't really bother with Supergirl or Arrow (crossover being the exception).

I drop in and out of Supergirl at times if it is on when the TV is on and it is all over the place this season. I like the Reign. When they have bad episodes there bad but there has been some good one's this season so I just read up or watch an episode or so before the crossover just to be sure. Arrow for the last 2 season's I feel has gotten back well even Felicity after they got married was okay!!!. There major fault is the B Team keep Curtis out of the field stop making Wild Dog so bad as I feel he could be a good character and would rather him then Diggle at times. Black Canary has not grown on me and could leave

Can I ask what you found so bad in Arrow Season 6 and The Flash Season 4 (besides Iris we all agree on Iris:pac:)

I though Arrow started the season strong, coming off a fantastic season 5, and really enjoyed Cayden James, but it came repetitive in the latter half of the season, having the two teams continuously question each others trust, and Diaz didn't make for a compelling villain, even though I love Kirk Acevedo as an actor - the character just doesn't do it for me. It's not necessarily that I thought the season was bad, it certainly has it's strong points, and it's head and shoulders above Season 4, but I think the biggest problem I have is that they're struggling to fill 23 episodes, and it just kills the pace.

The same goes for The Flash, it's the 23 episodes that kills the momentum, but overall I did enjoy most of the season. And I actually have zero problem with Iris. I get why people don't like the way that role has evolved, but Iris was never an issue for me in the season.

I also enjoy Supergirl for the most part (I know I didn't even mention it in my previous post), but just didn't have an overwhelming desire to return to it following the hiatus.

It's probably less of an issue I have with the shows themselves, rather I was incredibly ruthless when culling the shows - there's just a lot of good TV out there and not enough time to watch it all. There have been other shows that I wanted to check out, but wasn't getting around to them because I already had so much on the go, and Legends was the only of the Arrowverse shows that I felt I loved every minute of every single episode this season, so it's the one that dodged my proverbial bullet.

It's not a case of "I'm not watching this anymore because it got s**t", but more of a "there's only so much time in the day and some things need to be cut even if I still enjoy them, and I just have to stick with the ones I enjoy the most".

Perhaps next summer when there's a lull in programming, I'll decide to watch Season 7 of Arrow, etc in the space of a week or two. I might enjoy it a bit more that way, without all the breaks for weeks on end.

I though Arrow started the season strong, coming off a fantastic season 5, and really enjoyed Cayden James, but it came repetitive in the latter half of the season, having the two teams continuously question each others trust, and Diaz didn't make for a compelling villain, even though I love Kirk Acevedo as an actor - the character just doesn't do it for me. It's not necessarily that I thought the season was bad, it certainly has it's strong points, and it's head and shoulders above Season 4, but I think the biggest problem I have is that they're struggling to fill 23 episodes, and it just kills the pace.

The same goes for The Flash, it's the 23 episodes that kills the momentum, but overall I did enjoy most of the season. And I actually have zero problem with Iris. I get why people don't like the way that role has evolved, but Iris was never an issue for me in the season.

I also enjoy Supergirl for the most part (I know I didn't even mention it in my previous post), but just didn't have an overwhelming desire to return to it following the hiatus.

It's probably less of an issue I have with the shows themselves, rather I was incredibly ruthless when culling the shows - there's just a lot of good TV out there and not enough time to watch it all. There have been other shows that I wanted to check out, but wasn't getting around to them because I already had so much on the go, and Legends was the only of the Arrowverse shows that I felt I loved every minute of every single episode this season, so it's the one that dodged my proverbial bullet.

It's not a case of "I'm not watching this anymore because it got s**t", but more of a "there's only so much time in the day and some things need to be cut even if I still enjoy them, and I just have to stick with the ones I enjoy the most".

Perhaps next summer when there's a lull in programming, I'll decide to watch Season 7 of Arrow, etc in the space of a week or two. I might enjoy it a bit more that way, without all the breaks for weeks on end.

I agree with the villians for Arrow and Flash. I think Arrow tried a 2 villian arc with Diaz going into next season either as the big bad or a bigger bad will come either in the guise of the
    Lonbow Hunters or The Quadrant
    . I strongly agree with you on the 2 teams. I think Wild Dog could be a good character if they stop his character been all over the place. Curtis has to stop been a fighter. As for Dinah I have no idea.

I think Flash may go the 2 arc villan with
    Cicada been 1 and something to do with Killer Frost

• Advertisement
Advertisement