Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow/The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow/Supergirl SUPERTHREAD [***SPOILERS - The CW***]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i think daily gives me something to look forward to each day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Supergirl is the only show of the 4 I dont watch. I guess I'll download it and watch to see what happens but I think I may be mighty confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭spartacus815

The final few minutes of supergirl will begin the crossover. For the most part of the episode, she will be battling her villain of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

SO will everyone watch the 4 way crossover daily or wait till the end of the week and watch them back to back?

I still have decided myself.

Might wait until the weekend, one sure way of keeping me honest on a Friday/Saturday at least. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'll be watching them daily for sure - ridiculously excited about this crossover.

It helps that I've pretty much just finished all of my work deadlines, after a pretty full on three weeks, so this crossover is coming at just the right time as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Supergirl only has the last two minutes of the episode dedicated to the crossover. There is two times during the episode where something connected to The Flash occurs but you can easily avoid it. Also don't watch the promo for tonight's Flash episode as there are some big episode spoilers.

Well, that was class. A lot happening and just phenomenally epic to have all of the heroes on screen together. Diggle and Mick obviously having some of the best lines in that episode, but some nice moments in there for pretty much everyone.

Really psyched for tomorrow, which is also the 100th episode of Arrow, and heard a bit about the flashback aspect of the episode which sounds brilliant...
    Apparently we'll be seeing an alternate reality in which the Queen's Gambit was never shipwrecked or something like that, and some former cast members will be returning for that

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Having difficulties sleeping so am gonna watch this, also if anyone follows DC Comics on Instagram, Danielle Panabaker was running the account today and they did the table read for 3x14 and she captioned the photo with
    Just finished our table read for episode 314 of @cwtheflash! Buckle up. It's a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Well, that was class. A lot happening and just phenomenally epic to have all of the heroes on screen together. Diggle and Mick obviously having some of the best lines in that episode, but some nice moments in there for pretty much everyone.

Really psyched for tomorrow, which is also the 100th episode of Arrow, and heard a bit about the flashback aspect of the episode which sounds brilliant...
    Apparently we'll be seeing an alternate reality in which the Queen's Gambit was never shipwrecked or something like that, and some former cast members will be returning for that

Does H.R not know Liam Neason has a particular set of talents. Yes he will find you yes he will torture you and yes he will make you watch all his movies and then kill you

Plus when Supergirl asked Heatwave how he got his name was funny. Does he eat more then Barry

• Registered Users Posts: 60,362 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The DC movie guys could learn a lot from that episode of The Flash and how to do action and a team up.

• Advertisement

Great episode, and looks like they introduced the Hall of Justice

• Registered Users Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Great episode, and looks like they introduced the Hall of Justice

How can they be introducing the Hall of Justice and the JSA in the present when they were in 1942 or is it just 1 of those timey wimey thingd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Fantastic episode of The Flash. Having the entire scene in National City rendered the scene in Supergirl pointless in terms of the crossover though. You could fully skip Supergirl and miss literally nothing.

How can they be introducing the Hall of Justice and the JSA in the present when they were in 1942 or is it just 1 of those timey wimey thingd

I think the JSA from 1942 were more a super hero team that hid in shadows that the public never knew about. When the legends met them it didn't look like they had heard of them before. The Hall of Justice will probably be something only used in crossover events when all heroes team up. And I doubt they will form a team like the JSA just yet as Supergirl lives in Earth 38, the Legends are time travellers and Team Arrow and Team Flash only deal with their respective cities. Unless the CW decide to create a modern day JLA show with a whole new team just so there is a superhero show on every day.

I think the JSA from 1942 were more a super hero team that hid in shadows that the public never knew about. When the legends met them it didn't look like they had heard of them before. The Hall of Justice will probably be something only used in crossover events when all heroes team up. And I doubt they will form a team like the JSA just yet as Supergirl lives in Earth 38, the Legends are time travellers and Team Arrow and Team Flash only deal with their respective cities. Unless the CW decide to create a modern day JLA show with a whole new team just so there is a superhero show on every day.

The CW would never relegate a Superhero show to Friday, which in the US is considered a death slot, and the Arrow-verse is their bread and butter. Possible in a few years time they'd move one of the current shows to Friday, but not in the foreseeable future anyway.

Also Legends is moving to the post Flash slot on Tuesdays after Christmas, so it'll only be 3 nights.

The CW would never relegate a Superhero show to Friday, which in the US is considered a death slot, and the Arrow-verse is their bread and butter. Possible in a few years time they'd move one of the current shows to Friday, but not in the foreseeable future anyway.

Also Legends is moving to the post Flash slot on Tuesdays after Christmas, so it'll only be 3 nights.

Has there ever actually been a show that did better on a Friday night over its original slot .

Has there ever actually been a show that did better on a Friday night over its original slot .

Last Man Standing on ABC or Hawaii Five-0 on CBS possibly, but I'm not sure if that's correct, they're just two that I know do well in their timeslots. Nothing else in recent history springs to mind. Up until the early 2000s, Friday used to be on a par with every other night of the week I think, but then it became the place where shows went to die.

Anyway, no danger of any of these shows getting that treatment anytime soon, thankfully.

I enjoyed that even more than last night (although I imagine this might not be the general concensus) because Arrow is still my favourite of all 4 shows and that was a fantastic celebration for the 100th episode.

Good to get former cast members back in some capacity and I thought it was good to focus mainly on Arrow characters (I guess in the case of Sara and Ray, Legends characters that got their start on Arrow) and to give Flash and Supergirl a bit of a back seat for the episode - presumably everyone will be back together again for Legends tomorrow anyway.

Lads, I don't know about anyone else, but for me this whole crossover has just been phenomenal television and puts the recent DC big screen attempts to absolute shame. As much as the action and fight sequences were epic and great to watch, I think the real winning element to these four shows is that all the characters just have a f**kload of heart, and sure sometimes they can drive us nuts, but ultimately the characters and the portrayal of these characters is just what makes it. I definitely teared up a couple of times over the past 3 nights, and I will re-watch this crossover countless times in the future, because it just ticked all the boxes.

Not to mention all the Easter Eggs and References we got over the past few nights, which have also been fantastic. Two of them in particular tonight had me fist pumping the air in excitement - Felicity while speaking gibberish as a side effect of the waverider trip saying "Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra" which for those of you unfamiliar is a repeated phrase from one of the greatest ever episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation. The other Easter Egg I loved was during the celebrations at the end when Ray said that Kara reminded him of his cousin, because of course Brandon Routh played Superman in Superman Returns.

Obviously the two biggest gamechangers to come out of the crossover being Supergirl can now easily move between worlds and they all have means to contact each other, so future crossovers can now feature more Supergirl cast and vice versa for characters going over there, and then of course we now have our Central City Hangar and Group Base of Operations ***cough cough*** Hall of Justice ***cough cough***

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

That was epic alright, the flash episode was my favorite of the 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

The other Easter Egg I loved was during the celebrations at the end when Ray said that Kara reminded him of his cousin, because of course Brandon Routh played Superman in Superman Returns.

Took me a sec to twig that when he said it first, nice little easter egg I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Okay so I've skipped all the posts about the crossovers as I don't want to accidentally read spoilers and I'm not typing noffin (nothing) into google in case it gets spoiled on me.
    So I apologise if this has been answered already.

Is there a particular order I need to watch all the crossovers in?

Okay so I've skipped all the posts about the crossovers as I don't want to accidentally read spoilers and I'm not typing noffin (nothing) into google in case it gets spoiled on me.
    So I apologise if this has been answered already.

Is there a particular order I need to watch all the crossovers in?

The Flash -> Arrow -> Legends of Tomorrow.

If you watch Supergirl, that comes first but there's only one scene in it that connects and that scene is repeated in its entirety in Flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

The Flash -> Arrow -> Legends of Tomorrow.

If you watch Supergirl, that comes first but there's only one scene in it that connects and that scene is repeated in its entirety in Flash.
    50d374ede3594f9202ec8ac87bc7ba7c31a8b4015085c5e420bce370ccc634a3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I thought the whole thing was done well overall. Like they managed it well.

They kept the orders of the shows in mind and used it well with:
    • show 01 - Supergirl - Small interruptions and quick intro
    • show 02 - The Flash - Set out the scenario, fill in why they were interrupting Supergirl and go on to establish what's happening
    • show 03 - Arrow - Build up of story, allowing many characters to develop,
      Big Feels moment (you know the one)
    • show 04 -Legends of Tomorrow - Good reason for Legends wrapping the story up, action packed and worked out well,
      Big Awkward Green Arrow Hugs moment :D and End

• Registered Users Posts: 45,142 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

thought the Arrow/Supergirl "I need some normal" bit was REALLY weird. It made no sense at all. "I don't want you on the team cause I'm a little weirded out, so I will put the planet in danger so I can feel a bit better."

thought the Arrow/Supergirl "I need some normal" bit was REALLY weird. It made no sense at all. "I don't want you on the team cause I'm a little weirded out, so I will put the planet in danger so I can feel a bit better."

Yeah, I think if they wanted her sidelined, him wanting to know that they could handle a threat this big without her being there in case it happened again would have been a better excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

My take on it was them working in a lesson for Oliver to learn to be more open and embrace change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

An enjoyable crossover but slightly disappointed, as I was hoping that Darkh and RF would be the reason the guys teamed up.

But I suppose the Dominators were the right kind of villains for what they wanted, in the sense that they could be wrapped up and disposed of within the 3 Eps. There'd be no need for any further time commitment if the viewer only watched, say, two of the 4 shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

1 good mid-season finale in The Flash, 2 great ones in Arrow & Legends Of Tomorrow respectively.

Advertisement