Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea green - New Housing development

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

ive never seen semi ds with a communal back garden like those show houses had. Will the rest be the same? cant imagine paying 400k for a house and have no private back garden

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

jobless wrote: »
    ive never seen semi ds with a communal back garden like those show houses had. Will the rest be the same? cant imagine paying 400k for a house and have no private back garden

I assume they are going to be fenced off.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

The article states 15 mins walk to the dart station...eh I don't think so !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

Blingy wrote: »
    The article states 15 mins walk to the dart station...eh I don't think so !!

and the welsh coastline views...in the thirty odd years I've been up the Wicklow and Dublin 'mountains' on a regular basis I've seen Wales 3 times, the last being 2 weeks ago while up on three rock which was very prominent, I guarantee you some Sherry Fitzgerald agent went rock hard in his top man skinny fit 3 piece suit and went phoned his boss with this piece of marketing genius.

more to the point, who gives a toss if you can see a merky view of Wales from your house?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

Hyped up nonsense? On a clear day I can see the Welsh hills from my bedroom and I'm lower than seagreen...they just omit to say how often the 'clear' day rolls up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 nicolaf1

I assume they are going to be fenced off.
    Asked the estate agents they will be fenced off

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

nicolaf1 wrote: »
    Asked the estate agents they will be fenced off

I would want more garden for my 500k plus but the houses are very nice though. Never seen traffic management for show homes before and they were that packed when i had a look you had to queue to get up and down the stairs and cram in each room with a large group of other people. Crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭vinpaul

Walked from Seagreen this morning. It took 15 minutes to get to Donnybrook Fair. That was at a brisk pace and downhill all the way. From Donnybrook Fair to railway station is another 13 - 15 minutes. Where do publicity/advertising experts get 15 minutes to Railway Station?. Returning from station to Seagreen would take a bit longer as it is up hill all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Google reckons 25 mins, it's substantially shorter via Church Lane than via Bellevue Rd.

loyatemu wrote: »
    Google reckons 25 mins, it's substantially shorter via Church Lane than via Bellevue Rd.

25 mins at a good pace i reckon.... Pig of a hill to walk back up if you want to walk to the shops or village...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Does Tattoo also ring a bell in Seagreen as flights come in to land at Fantasy Island?

Sherry Fitz have to pay for their new offices in Greystones somehow, might as well be on works of fiction.

Wait till every leaving there tries to get to work in the morning.. the traffic will stretch from BlackLion to Delgany...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

jobless wrote: »
    the boom is back by the looks of things :-) .. people dressed as sailors around Greystones directing people to sea green, car park wedged, people signing up for unbuilt houses! ... lovely houses and fab views but seriously overpriced imo...

Those sailors definitely didn't dock in Greystones given the aversion to commercial boats in the harbour..

Does Tattoo also ring a bell in Seagreen as flights come in to land at Fantasy Island?

Sherry Fitz have to pay for their new offices in Greystones somehow, might as well be on works of fiction.

Wait till every leaving there tries to get to work in the morning.. the traffic will stretch from BlackLion to Delgany...

This x 100!

The lights at the bottom of that hill only let 4-5 cars through at a time.... we were waiting for ages to get through them with the amount of cars at the viewing..

Jimjay wrote: »
    I would want more garden for my 500k plus but the houses are very nice though. Never seen traffic management for show homes before and they were that packed when i had a look you had to queue to get up and down the stairs and cram in each room with a large group of other people. Crazy.

Yes it was fairly intense alright. People were there from the night before and 6.30am. I arrived at one with about 20 people there. There was an tension as they were only releasing 17 houses. Five were already gone. I thi k it could have been organised a bit better. People are obviously desperate to get a house. I think these are quiet good. Have a good location, nice houses. I don't mind the garden being small as there are green areas. I currently have a concrete one 😂

does anyone now what the actual timeline is for building, 4 beds, 5 beds etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

nicolaf1 wrote: »
    Yes it was fairly intense alright. People were there from the night before and 6.30am. I arrived at one with about 20 people there. There was an tension as they were only releasing 17 houses. Five were already gone. I thi k it could have been organised a bit better. People are obviously desperate to get a house. I think these are quiet good. Have a good location, nice houses. I don't mind the garden being small as there are green areas. I currently have a concrete one 😂

I am amazed to see that we are back to this! 400K for a 3 bed house and people queueing up for them!

RosieJoe wrote: »
    I am amazed to see that we are back to this! 400K for a 3 bed house and people queueing up for them!

It's a gross lack of supply rather than huge demand this time around so it's not entirely the same situation.

There will be 11,000 homes built in 2016 of the required 26,000 for the country. That stat is bad enough, less than half for the country, but in Dublin alone this amounts to less than a quarter of the required amount.

Either way, I do agree that I am amazed to see the clusterf*ck mess our 'leaders' can land the country in so often. Next to nothing has been done to tackle this and there was no mention of housing during the run up to election other than social housing.

RosieJoe wrote: »

Beautiful location and not much else around at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Alily0817

Was very disappointed. Lovely location and finished very nicely but the downstairs in the 5 bed is absolutely tiny! I really couldn't believe how minuscule the kitchen/diner was. A family with more than 2 small children would be on top of each other. Bedrooms also very small. Think I'll be searching elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Alily0817 wrote: »
    Was very disappointed. Lovely location and finished very nicely but the downstairs in the 5 bed is absolutely tiny! I really couldn't believe how minuscule the kitchen/diner was. A family with more than 2 small children would be on top of each other. Bedrooms also very small. Think I'll be searching elsewhere.

The 3 beds are much more proportioned and if you convert the attic it would be a fine sized house.

Like you say, the 5 beds have a serious amount of wasted space in them, the downstairs living space is completely out of proportion with the rest of the house. You could have up to 8 people living and sleeping in the house, yet the sitting room is completely separate from the kitchen / dinning area and both main downstairs rooms are smaller than the 3 beds because of the silly layout and use of available space.

The 3 beds (once you go with an attic conversion) would be very nice and it's nice to see how they already provisioned the return stairs up towards the attic making for a very easy conversion.

Can't see the logic of buying the 5 bed, totally overpriced.

Will also be very interesting to see what they do with the 4 beds when they release them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭REFLINE1

any updates on this development ,timeline for next phase?

whats the story with the overnight queues outside Sherry Fitz in the village, people on deck chairs camped out...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sulberto

whats the story with the overnight queues outside Sherry Fitz in the village, people on deck chairs camped out...

I think this was for a pre-launch of the next phase for the Tower Homes development in Newtown, had an email about it during the week.

Shame this is what we've gone back to!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭vinpaul

Have a look at Greystones Guide. Paul from GG has a story and interview with some of the prospective house hunters. 25 or so on sale at Wicklow Hills in Newtownmountkennedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Some delays recently due to the asbestos scare, but now the builders seem to be firing ahead with the new road link at Chapel Road opposite Applewood Heights.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 vivalalala

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone here has bought up in SeaGreen and moved in yet? There were a few houses that looks occupied last time I went up. We bought one off plans but it's still under construction. I'd be interested to know how your experience went with the developers etc!

Thanks!

Viv

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Joeb124

Hi All,

Just wanted to know if anyone went ahead with a purchase in Seagreen and how they found the process?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Joeb124

Don't think any are occupied yet, still quite a building site last time I was there. I have also bought off plans and would be eager to know when each phase is due to be completed as the timeline seems to be shifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭yesap

Think the asbestos problem delayed them but that has been rectified and cleared out so maybe get some new timelines from the builder

And looks like some have been sold and moved into, 2 on the property price register now 85 and 86 seagreen park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 vivalalala

They are going like gangbusters up there now. We just got our suppliers list and we have to choose our kitchen by the beginning of October. Hoping for a pre-Christmas move. Fingers crossed.

I also think there are deffo a few occupied now. I was up there during an evening and there are cars outside and people in their houses. The road is open as well.

I have found the process ok actually. The worst part was getting the mortgage and dealing with the solicitors. But for Seagreen itself, the developers have been great and the people on site are really accommodating - so far!

Advertisement