Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea green - New Housing development

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

kh2017 wrote: »
    anyone know how you would fit a tumble dryer and washing machine in their 3 / 4 bed utilities

You have to use a combined unit unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kh2017

Hi does anyone know how the development is progressing-are houses ready to close around the time they were told
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

We were told before Christmas but only moved in a few weeks ago. Seems to be the norm. I'd expect a 2 month delay anyway tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Erasmusgreen

Hi,
    I need an information and I hope you can help me with it. My solicitor has received the contract to purchase the house I booked in Seagreen and there is a clause in it about the contract price: it "shall be adjusted by the amount of any increase or decrease in the cost of labour, material"..etc.
    Have you all got the same clause? Is there any regulation about it or at the end they can increase the price as much as they like? What happen if I can't afford the increased price? (Do I lose the deposit?)
    Did you all feel comfortable signing that clause?
    Thanks!

PS
    I found online this link about Gazumping which looks to be the name for it:
    lawreform.ie/archives/report-on-gazumping.310.html

Hi,
    I need an information and I hope you can help me with it. My solicitor has received the contract to purchase the house I booked in Seagreen and there is a clause in it about the contract price: it "shall be adjusted by the amount of any increase or decrease in the cost of labour, material"..etc.
    Have you all got the same clause? Is there any regulation about it or at the end they can increase the price as much as they like? What happen if I can't afford the increased price? (Do I lose the deposit?)
    Thanks!

PS

Without seeing the contract (we didn't go through ours in detail at all) I'd imagine that just covers the cost of extras etc. Our solicitor said it was a standard contract and there was no movement in the price at all. Haven't heard anyone else in the estate have any issues with anything like that either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Erasmusgreen

molloyjh wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thanks!

PS

Without seeing the contract (we didn't go through ours in detail at all) I'd imagine that just covers the cost of extras etc. Our solicitor said it was a standard contract and there was no movement in the price at all. Haven't heard anyone else in the estate have any issues with anything like that either.
    The price of extras are discussed in a separate part of the contract, this clause is about the agreed price without any extra, it even mention the increase price of fuel and other expenses which can really be anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 marseey

Hi all, looking to get a couple of radiators upgraded and moved in a few of the rooms in a Wyndham. Has anyone had this done and how much was to move / upgrade? PM please

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mimi17

hello
    would you mind me asking how you went about the changes to your house, ours isn't ready until November,
    who did you contact in relation to the changes, I know the kitchen are Nolan kitchens, was it very expensive to put in the island?
    any information would be much appreciated

thank you

Mimi17 wrote: »
    hello
    would you mind me asking how you went about the changes to your house, ours isn't ready until November,
    who did you contact in relation to the changes, I know the kitchen are Nolan kitchens, was it very expensive to put in the island?
    any information would be much appreciated

thank you

Sandra in the site office should have sent you all the details by email once the sale went through. Give her a shout and she can fore them over. You have to deal with each supplier individually so there's a list of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mimi17

great thank you, we still have a bit of time, thank you for your message

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 fb2017

Does anyone know when in autumn the next phase of seagreen will be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pedanticness

Hi All, just curious does Sea Green have a management company and what the annual charges are roughly if it does?

Hi All, just curious does Sea Green have a management company and what the annual charges are roughly if it does?

No management fees at all thank God!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Cluster

Hi

I just put a deposit down on one of these new developments. Hows the broadband these days? I seem to remember a few posts on it last year, I need it for work.

Any other information for a new incoming neighbour?

Thanks

Cluster wrote: »
    Hi

I just put a deposit down on one of these new developments. Hows the broadband these days? I seem to remember a few posts on it last year, I need it for work.

Thanks

Hey, congrats. Which part of the development did you buy in? Is it Seagreen Gate or the ones that ones went up this weekend? Broadband is fine once it's up and running, but that can be an issue itself if you're reliant on Eir. They seem to wait until the whole road is in before they connect the houses. But I think the new houses released today are with Virgin so that might not be as much of an issue.

• Administrators Posts: 53,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Hey, congrats. Which part of the development did you buy in? Is it Seagreen Gate or the ones that ones went up this weekend? Broadband is fine once it's up and running, but that can be an issue itself if you're reliant on Eir. They seem to wait until the whole road is in before they connect the houses. But I think the new houses released today are with Virgin so that might not be as much of an issue.
    The latest release wasn't Seagreen Gate, it was some other houses in by the previous phases.

New style of house as well I think.

Thanks, Seagreen Park I believe. Show houses opened for them a few days ago. I did a quick search on Virgins site and they said that a house on that road has Virgin, so thats good news I suppose. Looks promising that it will be Virgin.

awec wrote: »
    The latest release wasn't Seagreen Gate, it was some other houses in by the previous phases.

Yes, Its called the Valentine. New layout to the other ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Hi

Thanks

Do you mind me asking how much the house you're buying is in total?

Do you mind me asking how much the house you're buying is in total?

Without some adjustments, 550 grand. With adjustments a little more.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »

Yeah, that's why I was asking all right. I think the Gate is Eir but the Park is Virgin.
    Thanks, Seagreen Park I believe. Show houses opened for them a few days ago. I did a quick search on Virgins site and they said that a house on that road has Virgin, so thats good news I suppose. Looks promising that it will be Virgin.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's Virgin up there. I know some of the original style houses that they finished recently in the Park are Virgin.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭scrabble1498

Just wondering if anyone who bought in Seagreen Gate recently (new style of houses - the Valentine) has been told of any delays in completion? I know to add on a few months but I swung up there recently and there is very little building going on!!

Just wondering if anyone who bought in Seagreen Gate recently (new style of houses - the Valentine) has been told of any delays in completion? I know to add on a few months but I swung up there recently and there is very little building going on!!

The Valentine style is not seagreen gate (which is the terraced houses on the other side of the road), i think it's just a continuation of seagreen park.

From what it looks like, they are focusing on finishing seagreen gate before going back over the road to work on the houses you're talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

You are correct.

Seagreen Park will contain the Valentine style houses.

We are interested in these houses but have been fobbed off by Sherry Fitz several times now in terms of when viewings will be open.

Seems to be some delays going on alright.

Hope you didn't buy thinking they were in Seangreen Gate :)

Lol, sorry I meant Seagreen Park!!!

I would have thought Sherry Fitz would be dying to get you in to look at them!

You are correct.

Seagreen Park will contain the Valentine style houses.

We are interested in these houses but have been fobbed off by Sherry Fitz several times now in terms of when viewings will be open.

Seems to be some delays going on alright.

Hope you didn't buy thinking they were in Seangreen Gate :)

Yea they way they work is they will open the show house on a weekend or two in a row that they are releasing houses for sale, then they'll have no information or open houses for ages.

It can be 6+ months between the show houses opening.

I bought a Valentine. No issue in getting viewings from SF. From talking to people who live there, they had no delays in moving in to their houses. Others are saying add 6 months to the date. We've been told May next year and they've started building ours, so possibly might be in on time. There are fewer builds in this run they are doing in Sea green Park right now so that might speed things up.

Oh that’s interesting Cluster! We were told late Summer when we put deposit down - we bought in the second phase of the release of the Valentine but haven’t heard anything since.

Oh that’s interesting Cluster! We were told late Summer when we put deposit down - we bought in the second phase of the release of the Valentine but haven’t heard anything since.

Oh right. where abouts in relation to the show house is that phase? mine literally just opposite them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Oh right. where abouts in relation to the show house is that phase? mine literally just opposite them.

We inquired about the houses directly in front of the show houses and were told they had no completion date as yet.

Advertisement