Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greystones - eFibre (Eircom Fibre Roll-out)

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭clocha_liatha

Hi has anyone got any up to date info on Broadband in Redford Park , specifically roll out of E fibre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Just a follow-up on Rathodown Park finally getting Fibre...

Sky and all other companies quoted 90mb speed. Contacted and getting 65mb.

3 weeks of bad and forth with its a bad line, its your box, dont use an extension, its your alarm..

Ultimately, the line could only take 65mb even though the cabinet is so close, non vectored line etc...

So be aware, the speed you are quoted may not be the speed you get and it could be 10s of mbs difference.

When is Virgin media kicking in?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,786 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I was originally told January, subsequently they said August.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

When they've completed the over head wiring I believe. I just noticed the civils by La Touche/Rathdown Pk triangle when I was last visiting the family home.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cdiv

loyatemu wrote: »
    I was originally told January, subsequently they said August.

Virgin are telling me end 2017 for Burnaby Heights :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭micandre

Hi has anyone got any up to date info on Broadband in Redford Park , specifically roll out of E fibre

Hi,

I've had no response from eir community forum on this.
    https://community.eir.ie/broadband-25/there-any-plans-to-upgrade-the-internet-greystones-28360

Feel free to comment on this forum. Hopefully the more people comment it might move things along.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Alan_P

FWIW, I asked the guys currently working for Virgin Media at the entrance to Rathdown Park how close Virgin were to going live in Rathdown Park. They said it would be live and available in 2 weeks.

I have no idea if they're right, but they are well placed to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,786 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Alan_P wrote: »
    FWIW, I asked the guys currently working for Virgin Media at the entrance to Rathdown Park how close Virgin were to going live in Rathdown Park. They said it would be live and available in 2 weeks.

I have no idea if they're right, but they are well placed to know.

guys working on my road (not Rathdown) said "very soon"

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

Rang virgin media and they said kimberley road would be the end of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Harry Bosch

loyatemu wrote: »
    guys working on my road (not Rathdown) said "very soon"

Some of Rathdown Park now has live Virgin Media, but areas near the entrance are not yet connected.

But how about this: I discovered a few days ago that Vodafone now provides 100Mb e-fibre in Rathdown Park (previously only some houses), so I contacted them. Vodafone, contrary to the assurances when they were advertising this before the cabinets were installed, simply did not inform us or upgrade the connection.

When I contacted them about this, know what they said?

‘We’ll upgrade you when your contract expires on 30 June.’

Know what they said when I mentioned their assurances?

‘We’ll upgrade you when your contract expires on 30 June.'

Know what I said?

‘No, you won’t, I’ll be moving to Virgin!’

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Anybody know why I can only get 10meg Stone Age broadband in Redford Park when there is a live cabinet 200m from my front door?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Anybody know why I can only get 10meg Stone Age broadband in Redford Park when there is a live cabinet 200m from my front door?

Probably because your line was put in before that cabinet.

heroics wrote: »
    Probably because your line was put in before that cabinet.

This. Similar to my family's situation the auld man had a line heading straight to the eir Exchange behind the old post office (parcel office).

He ended up getting Virgin Media when they added the cabinets in Rathdown Park. Have VM done any work in Redford?

red_bairn wrote: »
    This. Similar to my family's situation the auld man had a line heading straight to the eir Exchange behind the old post office (parcel office).

He ended up getting Virgin Media when they added the cabinets in Rathdown Park. Have VM done any work in Redford?

I’m not sure, though my dad lives in Rathdown, near the entrance and neither of us can get fibre of any description asfaik

I’m not sure, though my dad lives in Rathdown, near the entrance and neither of us can get fibre of any description asfaik

He should be able to get with Virgin.

He should be able to get with Virgin.

Thanks for the info. So it’s just Redford now that’s left languishing! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭legrand

Church road, Victoria road, Trafalgar road (that general area - even the new houses in the harbour) are all directly connected to the exchange - no local fibre cabs available and Eir have no plans to provide any more in the area - am aware of an individual premises on Beach road (former residential now commercial) that had a direct internet connection installed on fibre - the install costs and monthly rental would be multiple of fibre broadband.  Option to get 'fibre broadband' is available but this entails a jumper cable at the switch in the exchange only - you might get an extra 2 or 3 megs and you will pay ~€75 a month for the privilege.
    Might be a good idea to get with your residents association and approach Virgin - if there are enough potential business they may see Redford as  commercially viable  - they have done some work up on Trafalgar road for groups of houses there and other pockets of houses as far as I know.

legrand wrote: »
    Church road, Victoria road, Trafalgar road (that general area - even the new houses in the harbour) are all directly connected to the exchange - no local fibre cabs available and Eir have no plans to provide any more in the area - am aware of an individual premises on Beach road (former residential now commercial) that had a direct internet connection installed on fibre - the install costs and monthly rental would be multiple of fibre broadband.  Option to get 'fibre broadband' is available but this entails a jumper cable at the switch in the exchange only - you might get an extra 2 or 3 megs and you will pay ~€75 a month for the privilege.
    Might be a good idea to get with your residents association and approach Virgin - if there are enough potential business they may see Redford as  commercially viable  - they have done some work up on Trafalgar road for groups of houses there and other pockets of houses as far as I know.

Great info, thanks a mill

Advertisement