Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carrig Mill - Greystones

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Hi folks

I have removed a specific address here. Generally it's best not to identify yourself or the exact house where you live

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Johnny K

Cmck1985 wrote:
    To anyone in houses 14-25 have you had problems with the garden subsiding at the back due to the heavy rain over the winter & drop behind the fence?

I'm in the same boat I've passed it to the builder to check/rectify still awaiting a response.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

The gardens look very steep alright. It may be best to have them stepped with sleepers or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 beaconballs

Good morning folks.

I checked this morning and it's most definitely dropping off at the back of the garden. Worryingly there is now a gap between the ground and the the bottom of the fence. My child could essentially get her legs stuck in the gap :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Ellie2008

Anyone bought in Phase 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mousemini

Has anyone tried to install the undercounted kitchen lights. If yes was it easy ? Where did u purchase the lights

• Registered Users Posts: 40 beaconballs

Hi Mousemini,

I did ours myself and I'm no electrician. Very handy to do. You can buy the gear in:

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)][font=arial, sans-serif-light, sans-serif]Hafele Ireland [/font][/color]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
    Address: Kilcoole Industrial Estate, Creowen Rd, Wicklow, Ireland

Phone:+353 1 287 3488
    Hours:
    Open today 8:45am 5:30pm

Very helpful guys and just explain you have spurs already installed and you need the strip lighting and some power transformers.

P.s. I did above the cabinets also and it looks the business :-) I hope that helps.[/font]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

Would any Carrig Mill residents like to comment on how the air to water heating system is working so far?
    It's a system I'm interested in and any feedback is welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭yesap

Are these houses still for sale or now completed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Sorry to bring up an old thread but We are hoping to view one of the remaining phase 3 houses and just wondering since most houses are now occupied quite a while is there anything to be concerned about or anything we should watch out for? Is it still the plan that Wicklow Co co will take over the management of the green areas & roads within the estate?
    Thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Blingy wrote: »
    Is it still the plan that Wicklow Co co will take over the management of the green areas & roads within the estate?

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one if I were you.
    Some estates have been waiting over 20 years for this.

2011 wrote: »
    I wouldn't hold your breath on that one if I were you.
    Some estates have been waiting over 20 years for this.

So do you mind me asking what happens then. Who cuts the grass,fills the potholes etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

So do you mind me asking what happens then. Who cuts the grass,fills the potholes etc?

Are there management fees in that estate to cover the above?

It varies from place to place.

In my estate (we have been waiting 11 years for the council to take our estate over) the residents pay for someone to come in and cut the grass. Needless to say some households refuse to pay the €100 annual fee so the rest of us have to pay extra.

In my estate (we have been waiting 11 years for the council to take our estate over) the residents pay for someone to come in and cut the grass. Needless to say some households refuse to pay the €100 annual fee so the rest of us have to pay extra.

11 years. Interesting. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,109 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

€100! Which estate is that - must have a lot of greens?

loyatemu wrote: »
    must have a lot of greens?

Yeah we do, it has very few houses on a very large site so lots of green space.
    I thought €100 per annum was a very fair price to be honest.

Yeah we do, it has very few houses on a very large site so lots of green space.
    I thought €100 per annum was a very fair price to be honest.

we're paying €30, but there's only one fairly small green area. The estate has been taken in charge, but the council still don't cut the grass (except maybe once a year).

loyatemu wrote: »
    we're paying €30

That's brilliant.
    The estate has been taken in charge, but the council still don't cut the grass (except maybe once a year).

Very good. How long did that take?
    Apart from cutting the grass there is little else for the council to do in our estate.

Very good. How long did that take?
    Apart from cutting the grass there is little else for the council to do in our estate.

no idea how long it took - estate is from the 1970s and we've only been here 5 years. TBH I'm not sure if the council ever cut the grass, I know our guy comes around every couple of weeks during the summer. The council did resurface the road quite recently, but that was probably the first time since the place was built.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

I am also surprised that these are still available, is it that they are overpriced in comparison to the other new builds in the area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I am also surprised that these are still available, is it that they are overpriced in comparison to the other new builds in the area?

Its a second phase

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I think there are only 2 left now. The EA told us the developer wanted to increase the price of them just after Xmas but they advised him not to. I thought they were nice however the kitchen/diner I thought was small. They are priced higher than some other new builds.

Advertisement