Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Last summer, and there were a number of local politicians involved. It was about that particular family.

Thank you ThisRegard, however I would prefer an answer from the member I quoted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Eastpoint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Which politicians would you expect to be part of it Pat?

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Which politicians would you expect to be part of it Pat?

Oh you know the one's who live on Twitter and Facebook, funnily enough can't find anything from them.

Eastpoint wrote: »

OK so you're referring to a public event which happened 9 months ago, thanks.
    Anything on the radio program info I asked about?

• Advertisement

When a large group of concerned parents march up to the local police station they must be very concerned. I listened to FM104 last night and it really isnt an isolated incident. The police have admitted there’s a gang problem so you are wrong. Btw didn’t realize there was a timescale for response on a message board lol maybe you can advise on the timescale I wouldn’t want to upset any delicate flowers

There is nothing you can do about Tyrellstown. I was buying my first house in 2002 and I was going to buy in Tyrellstown, the original plans for the area was great. Due to a number of factors(buy to rent/recession/banks/bad rentals) the area hasn't turned out the best....

In terms of Hollywoodrath, the builder is deperately trying to tie the estate to Hollystown which is a lovely area. The issue is Hollystown is low on services, buses etc but you can expect the Hollystown area to grow over the next few years and with it more services will arrive.

I think a few lines on map might have got moved to put Hollywoodrath out of Tyrellstown, not sure if they even moved the lines :P

The Gael Scoil is not far away and it is a good school

Not sure if Hollywoodrath as part of the estate wil plan to have shops/creche etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Hollywoodrath is not some leafy Dalkey bolthole. Factually, Its a very average, relatively low cost housing estate on the outskirts of Dublin directly under low flying aircraft in flightpath for the airport. The comments regarding social housing are scandalous, you'd swear it was the Georgian Village in Castleknock. People need to get real here.

Another delicate flower 😂😂 do your own research on what programme FM104 had. So what if it was 9 months Ago? Issue is it’s there

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭BGozIE

Another delicate flower ���� do your own research on what programme FM104 had. So what if it was 9 months Ago? Issue is it’s there

Hollystown isn't Tyrellstown - yes they are very close. The last 10 years of my adult life have involved both Hollystown and Tyrellstown, on a daily basis, and I have never experienced anything like the ****e you are posting. Tyrellstwon very clearly at some point has had social issues. As many people have suggested WHO ACTUALLY LIVE THERE, its somewhat blown out of propotion by media. As I have also stated, this is Dublin 15, you tell me of an area in Dublin 15 without social issues? You need to put some perspective on your ****e. Fact is, its not the worst, and its not the best - but its not some south central LA ghetto that you want to portray it as. And again, Hollystown isn't Tyrellstown so why are you even posting this here? What is your point exactly? You've previously stated you were considering moving to Hollystown, but after continuing to post things about social issues (about Tyrellstown), I assume you have no interest in this move? Besides the fact the latest phase of Hollystown is sold out. Good luck finding a similar development in Dublin for the same price - without any social issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

BGozIE wrote:
    As I have also stated, this is Dublin 15, you tell me of an area in Dublin 15 without social issues?

Castleknock, Laurel Lodge, Majority of Carpenterstown, Majority of Clonsilla to name a few

• Advertisement

Another delicate flower ���� do your own research on what programme FM104 had. So what if it was 9 months Ago? Issue is it’s there
    As I don't listen to the radio after 6/7pm, I wanted to try and get a podcast of the program to listen to the piece you refer to, so as to improve my own knowledge of the current situation. Nothing more nothing less. Drop the overly defensive attitude, it serves you no purpose whatsoever!

Final post on this subject!

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Castleknock, Laurel Lodge, Majority of Carpenterstown, Majority of Clonsilla to name a few

Are you having a laugh? There has never been any social issues in any of those areas :rolleyes:

Google the very first one, as its probably the most "prestigious" in Dublin 15 -

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/vandals-scratch-isis-on-cars-in-castleknock-estate-1.3061174

Just to be clear, I live in Dublin 15, I'm not trying to slate the area - I'm just saying some perspective is needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Nope. And why do you even mention Carpenterstown and Clonsilla when you yourself even qualify it with the fact it's not the entire area, which is exactly the point the poster you're replying to is making?

Your logic in your defence can be thrown right back in your face as it's a very small minority, as has been pointed out over and over, that by and large no longer live there, as has been pointed over and over, that caused those particular issues in Tyrrelstown. Since it was built, up until those ****s started causing trouble, it's been relatively quite. And as also been pointed out, relative to Dublin 15, it's does well socioeconomically.

There's a fair few posters on this thread, which is actually about Hollywoodrath, who are clearly talking out their ass, read something on social media and all of a sudden are experts in the area.

BGozIE wrote:
    Are you having a laugh? There has never been any social issues in any of those areas

Having a laugh?! I don't believe there is any uptopia with no social issues in Ireland.

The areas have little social issues compared to the rest of Dublin 15.

ThisRegard wrote:
    Nope. And why do you even mention Carpenterstown and Clonsilla when you yourself even qualify it with the fact it's not the entire area, which is exactly the point the poster you're replying to is making?

Carpenterstown some parts are better than others likewise for Clonsilla.

Is that difficult to understand?!

Carpenterstown some parts are better than others likewise for Clonsilla.

Is that difficult to understand?!

So you're saying they do have social issues, correct?

Tyrrelstown ranks the same as Clonsilla and many parts of Carpenterstown on the deprivation index (Marginally above average). In fact, it's above average for Dublin 15, outranking more than half I would say on that particular index.

Having a laugh?! I don't believe there is any uptopia with no social issues in Ireland.

Yes, having a laugh - you replied to a comment of me asking of an area with no social issues in Dublin 15, you listed a few...your clearly having a laugh.

Anyway - you've just completely contradicted yourself. Make up your mind.

BGozIE wrote:
    Yes, having a laugh - you replied to a comment of me asking of an area with no social issues in Dublin 15, you listed a few...your clearly having a laugh.

Is there an area in Ireland or the world with "NO" social issues? Get a grip will ya.

ThisRegard wrote:
    Tyrrelstown ranks the same as Clonsilla and many parts of Carpenterstown on the deprivation index (Marginally above average). In fact, it's above average for Dublin 15, outranking more than half I would say on that particular index.

On the index there is not one part of Tyrellstown that ranks as any way affluent etc whereas parts of Clonsilla do even less so for Carpenterstown. But sure that is the argument I already made so not sure what your point is exactly

BGozIE wrote: »
    Hollystown isn't Tyrellstown - yes they are very close. The last 10 years of my adult life have involved both Hollystown and Tyrellstown, on a daily basis, and I have never experienced anything like the ****e you are posting. Tyrellstwon very clearly at some point has had social issues. As many people have suggested WHO ACTUALLY LIVE THERE, its somewhat blown out of propotion by media. As I have also stated, this is Dublin 15, you tell me of an area in Dublin 15 without social issues? You need to put some perspective on your ****e. Fact is, its not the worst, and its not the best - but its not some south central LA ghetto that you want to portray it as. And again, Hollystown isn't Tyrellstown so why are you even posting this here? What is your point exactly? You've previously stated you were considering moving to Hollystown, but after continuing to post things about social issues (about Tyrellstown), I assume you have no interest in this move? Besides the fact the latest phase of Hollystown is sold out. Good luck finding a similar development in Dublin for the same price - without any social issues.

To which you replied -
    Is there an area in Ireland or the world with "NO" social issues? Get a grip will ya.

You got there in the end...

• Advertisement

On the index there is not one part of Tyrellstown that ranks as any way affluent etc whereas parts of Clonsilla do even less so for Carpenterstown.

I don't think there's anywhere in Clonsilla ranking as very affluent, unless you're including the somewhat skewed bit that's mainly made up of the Blanchardstown centre, the school and industrial estate?

But if you want to go down that road, all of Tyrrelstown is ranked as Marginally Above Average, there's nothing below that. Can you say the same for Clonsilla?

You've been caught out numerous times on your ill founded claims, mostly by your very own words.

ThisRegard wrote:
    But if you want to go down that road, all of Tyrrelstown is ranked as Marginally Above Average, there's nothing below that. Can you say the same for Clonsilla?

I suggest you look again as you appear to be colour blind.

Thinking Tyrrelstown and Clonsilla are comparable areas is laughable.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OK folks, play nicely please. This thread isn't about Clonsilla, Carpenterstown, etc., so there's little need to be arguing the toss about those areas here. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 HMY

Hi.. Im thinking about buying in Hollywoodrath but I need to clarify a few issues

1) What are the problems that can arise (later) from building houses in agricultural land (like Hollywoodrath)?

2)Any comment regarding the social housing in 'half-baked' ? The plan to build 1,100 social housing - Damastown Village . I know its not in Hollywoodrath but adjacent enough and it can affect the schools around that area

3) I heard that Hollywoodrath area is prone to flooding. Does it involve the housing area or just the road ? Any plan to overcome that??

Hope to hear some opinions :)

No issue with building on Agricultural land it’s as good as any other piece of land depending on CBR results.

There is an issue with flooding on the church road. However, the root cause of that was the outfall was partially blocked and this issue has been resolved.

Damastown Village is 15k away it will have very little impact on your queries.

Hope that helped

HMY wrote: »
    Hi.. Im thinking about buying in Hollywoodrath but I need to clarify a few issues

1) What are the problems that can arise (later) from building houses in agricultural land (like Hollywoodrath)?

2)Any comment regarding the social housing in 'half-baked' ? The plan to build 1,100 social housing - Damastown Village . I know its not in Hollywoodrath but adjacent enough and it can affect the schools around that area

3) I heard that Hollywoodrath area is prone to flooding. Does it involve the housing area or just the road ? Any plan to overcome that??

Hope to hear some opinions :)

All land is agricultural. That is the weirdest question I have heard in my life. Do you think the rest of Dublin is built on city land?

Social housing in Damastown is another great pile of poo from "Plonker before Profit". If it went in how would local services cope(water/roads etc). Wasting money to make a video to try and get some headlines....

Where exactly is prone to flooding? or where have you heard?

Just to clarify, land zoned for Agricultural purposes can only used for Agri related enterprises and not the building of large scale residential dwellings.

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Just to clarify, land zoned for Agricultural purposes can only used for Agri related enterprises and not the building of large scale residential dwellings.

All land is agriculturally zoned till someone applies to convert it to residential.

The estates in Ongar/Littleplace/Summerseat/Tyrellstown etc was agricultural land year ago. Dublin needed more houses so the land was rezoned.

Similar to the land between Hollystown and Kilbride, all agriculture. Come back in 20 years and the majority of that will be rezoned to residential as Dublin continues to grow.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    All land is agriculturally zoned till someone applies to convert it to residential.
    Not necessarily correct.

• Advertisement

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Not necessarily correct.

At one stage, many many years ago all of Ireland was fields/forest.

So yes I was correct :P

Advertisement