Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 HMY

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    At one stage, many many years ago all of Ireland was fields/forest.

So yes I was correct :P

I always thought agricultural land is not stable to build residential as compared to forest (in a long term).. thanks for clearing my head

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lily1122

Hi all,

Can anyone confirm if they are using the 40d bus to access the city?

If so what is the route like and also is the bus stop far away.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LEELU123

We are looking at new builds in the Dublin 15 area and i was wondering if someone could give me advice on this build.

Is there a bus stop or any near by bus stop in the area to either get to the Blanchardstown Centre or to City Centre.

I read on this post that this area may be prone to flooding. Does anyone know anything about this?

I think the next phase of houses are for sale in September and I was wondering also what the area was like in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 cerberos

Can anyone comment on these items which will increase with the new parallel runway:

1. Noise from planes, frequency, loudness, etc.

2. Aviation Fumes

3. Anti Social Behaviour & Crime

Also,

4. Flooding history, estate and access roads, main Ratoath road into as far as Cappagh.

5. Transport access from Blanchardstown, Private & Public

6. Amenities now existing

7. Planned extension of Mulhuddart & Tyrellstown out to Hollystown

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

cerberos wrote: »
    Can anyone comment on these items which will increase with the new parallel runway:

1. Noise from planes, frequency, loudness, etc.

2. Aviation Fumes

3. Anti Social Behaviour & Crime
    1. All depends what you classify as noise, spend some time in the area and experience it first hand. Aircraft usingthe proposd new runway will be further to the west on approach and take-off
    Frequency will be highest from 6:00am to 8:00am
    Loudness see No1.
    2. I feel your way over thinking this.
    3. I feel to see any connection whatsoever.

• Advertisement

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    1. All depends what you classify as noise, spend some time in the area and experience it first hand. Aircraft usingthe proposd new runway will be further to the west on approach and take-off
    Frequency will be highest from 6:00am to 8:00am
    Loudness see No1.
    2. I feel your way over thinking this.
    3. I feel to see any connection whatsoever.

1 & 2 specific to the location (same as Aviation Fumes)

3. General ? for any/every area.

1 & 2 specific to the location (same as Aviation Fumes)

3. General ? for any/every area.

As I originally suggested, spend time in the area a sample the noise firsthand. Noise is a subjective issue which only you can decide.

I have absolutely no idea where you're coming from with this, as I have never experienced this issue, heard, read or seen it been discussed or debated anywhere in the D15 area, let alone Sword or Rivervalley or St Margaret's for that matter. As I said earlier you are way over thinking the issue.

You specifically linked your item 3 with the proposed new runway in your post.

Probably overthinking but "buy in haste, repent at leisure"

Been there 3/4 times and Planes don't sound too bad and no smell of fumes but some golfers have complained.

Estate seems nice and not congested and houses are great size and design in comparison to others I am looking at.

Parking & lack of front garden and drives are issues elsewhere.

Linking item 3 with new runway was a typo.

Probably overthinking but "buy in haste, repent at leisure"

Been there 3/4 times and Planes don't sound too bad and no smell of fumes but some golfers have complained.

Estate seems nice and not congested and houses are great size and design in comparison to others I am looking at.

Parking & lack of front garden and drives are issues elsewhere.

Linking item 3 with new runway was a typo.

I'd be more concerned as to what type of chemicals are been used on the Golf Course, than the perceived ones from the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,439 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

You know about the chemtrails, right?

• Advertisement

Yeah, I love conspiracy theories <- =================

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gregjohn

The biggest issue with airplanes noise its especially in the morning between 6am-8am, you can hear them every 3 min.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Gregjohn wrote: »
    The biggest issue with airplanes noise its especially in the morning between 6am-8am, you can hear them every 3 min.

If you can hear between 6-8am then you will be able to hear the rest of the day....they dont stop after 8am, they continue at same rate all day....dont believe me just check at airport in middle of day?

If you are hearing in house then insulation could be issue.....I would doubt with the high rating the houses are getting

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gregjohn

The current price for 4 beds semi-detached (142m2) has increased up to 395-400k.
    162m2 - 445k-460k, That's unbelievable for properties located just 200m from Tyrrelstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 rongeremy

I've been on a list since earlier in the year. I was set for a four bed house but the price jumped by at least €12,000 since April.

I am more that prepared to go for a three bedroom house, keeping in mind that these houses have attics that are built with the required truces to allow a conversion much cheaper than normal.

My only concern is, within the next two weeks, I should have a better idea as to what 3 bed houses will be available, what options I have to choose and most importantly, what price will the three beds be. Last time out they were €335k - based on how the 4 bed houses increased in price, will they exceed €350k and naturally it'll be interesting to see how many people on the list for these houses will continue their interest.

Air traffic noise is not a concern for me personally. I will prefer a house that is not in eye line of the pylons which are an awful eyesore. Flooding is not an issue around the lands where these houses are being built. Worth keeping in mind also that Hollywoodrath is elevated an awful lot higher than Mulhuddart. As for the Damastown development - that was only ever a political stunt by the lula's on the left and it has never surfaced again.

rongeremy wrote: »
    I've been on a list since earlier in the year. I was set for a four bed house but the price jumped by at least €12,000 since April.

I am more that prepared to go for a three bedroom house, keeping in mind that these houses have attics that are built with the required truces to allow a conversion much cheaper than normal.

My only concern is, within the next two weeks, I should have a better idea as to what 3 bed houses will be available, what options I have to choose and most importantly, what price will the three beds be. Last time out they were €335k - based on how the 4 bed houses increased in price, will they exceed €350k and naturally it'll be interesting to see how many people on the list for these houses will continue their interest.

Air traffic noise is not a concern for me personally. I will prefer a house that is not in eye line of the pylons which are an awful eyesore. Flooding is not an issue around the lands where these houses are being built. Worth keeping in mind also that Hollywoodrath is elevated an awful lot higher than Mulhuddart. As for the Damastown development - that was only ever a political stunt by the lula's on the left and it has never surfaced again.

Have you checked the roof space? very few new houses are build with convertions in mind. This is mostly to save cost.

Also the houses are timber frame, are they designed to cope with the additional weight of a converted attic?

Just something to consider

Have you checked the roof space? very few new houses are build with convertions in mind. This is mostly to save cost.

Also the houses are timber frame, are they designed to cope with the additional weight of a converted attic?

I have yes. In fact they are advertised as having the trusses in place already. Just for clarity for anyone not familiar, in an attic with the classic timber supports through the middle of the attic space, the trusses to the side allow the timber to be removed from the centre and the weight distributed on to the side truces.

So I inspected a finished attic in a 3 bed Hollywoodrath house from the first phase and its a super job.

Their site states (Attic trusses are provided to assist future adaptability in some units.)

That was true in the previous phases but my understanding and hope is that the trusses are in place as standard now. I believe they are.

I popped up there yesterday and there's not a lot of building activity happening at this moment which is unusual.

I have yes. In fact they are advertised as having the trusses in place already. Just for clarity for anyone not familiar, in an attic with the classic timber supports through the middle of the attic space, the trusses to the side allow the timber to be removed from the centre and the weight distributed on to the side truces.

So I inspected a finished attic in a 3 bed Hollywoodrath house from the first phase and its a super job.

Their site states (Attic trusses are provided to assist future adaptability in some units.)

That was true in the previous phases but my understanding and hope is that the trusses are in place as standard now. I believe they are.

I popped up there yesterday and there's not a lot of building activity happening at this moment which is unusual.

I drive past it most days....it always seems very busy.....

I know what you mean about the trusses but normally you have to install reinforced steel to convert the attic.

I see the reference but it also has a huge warning against it. might be worth checking it out first as it won't be a cheap add on

I drive past it most days....it always seems very busy.....

I know what you mean about the trusses but normally you have to install reinforced steel to convert the attic.

I see the reference but it also has a huge warning against it. might be worth checking it out first as it won't be a cheap add on

100%.

The site is active but it looks to be trades people and finishers - there doesn't seem to be a massive construction effort happening but that's maybe how it is supposed to be :)

100%.

The site is active but it looks to be trades people and finishers - there doesn't seem to be a massive construction effort happening but that's maybe how it is supposed to be :)

I live not too far away.....every so often it will be full of heavy equipment and then it slows down to trades people.....that is the different sections been built I would guess.....

They dont seem to want to build a huge amount of house at one time, just small sections as they go along....

It is looking a lot nicer now with playground etc in it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

I'd say they're looking to conserve their cashflow. Releasing houses to the market slowly while prices are rising is also a good bet.

Know some folks living up there and they speak very highly of the neighborhood spirit in particular, locals getting on and looking out for one another. No trouble coming up the road from elsewhere. Nice to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

We converted one of these attics in January, they are very easy to do really with great head height and are a good size too.

5T3PH3N wrote: »
    We converted one of these attics in January, they are very easy to do really with great head height and are a good size too.

I got to inspect an attic over the weekend in the show house. Obviously not converted yet, but the space throughout the attic from a standard point of view means no cutting has to be done, its simply ready for conversion straight away.

Its something like 40/60 square meters of open space. really impressive.

If you don't me asking - did you pay in the region of 16K for the conversion?

Building of new houses has stalled - there is a developer issue. Finishers are working but new builds has paused.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

I got to inspect an attic over the weekend in the show house. Obviously not converted yet, but the space throughout the attic from a standard point of view means no cutting has to be done, its simply ready for conversion straight away.

Its something like 40/60 square meters of open space. really impressive.

If you don't me asking - did you pay in the region of 16K for the conversion?

Building of new houses has stalled - there is a developer issue. Finishers are working but new builds has paused.

We did the conversion/work in the house, it’s not ours. It is one of the best attics I’ve done though. I have no idea of the cost tbh.
    Beware, it is not immediately ready for conversion, there is some structural work to be done (bracing/joist hangers etc). It’s minor but necessary, any builder/carpenter that says otherwise is best avoided tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

MDY construction are in financial difficulty and they were tasked with Hollywoodrath. Building has completely stopped, while finishing is separate to that.

Anyone waiting on a list will have a wait.

Anyone sale agreed on their existing house will need to consider ending that sale agreement as they will be stuck at one sale price while any wait on Hollywoodrath will result in an ever increasing asking price as the market booms.

https://cif.ie/2017/07/24/cif-project-feature-mdy-hollywoodrath-dublin-15/

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2018/0914/993840-mdy-construction/

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭miss misty

Anyone know what parish Hollystown Park is in....Kilbride????

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

miss misty wrote: »
    Anyone know what parish Hollystown Park is in....Kilbride????

I'm fairly sure its in Mulhuddart parish as Hollystown is in Dublin (and so Dublin Diocese) and Kilbride is in Meath.

This map seems to confirm it (generated from OSi data).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I was told in an email that the 3 beds would be starting at 350 k when they are on offer end of this month.

Not worth it imo.

Weepsie wrote: »
    I was told in an email that the 3 beds would be starting at 350 k when they are on offer end of this month.

Not worth it imo.

That's a big increase.

If its true that building has ceased, there would surely be months before another builder is lined up. Do you see the estate agents being able to commit buyers with no certainty to the builds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Tom__jnr2

Weepsie wrote: »

Not worth it imo.

Go to property price register and put all into excel and the increase can be easily seen.

350k is a lot of money but at the end is 1300e mortgage v 2000e rent. If you do not like it you sell it and move on.

Advertisement